The Official General Election Thread

"My boys, we're at the end of an age.

We live in a land of weather forecasts and breakfasts that 'set in,'

shat on by Tories, shoveled up by Labour."

Uncle Monty, Withnail and I

Cameron - Continues to shy away from the actual question and gives a response that he feels will get the British heads nodding. Not good enough. We're too wise for it. Cameron seems too reluctant to face up to Brown when he's side by side with him, it's all very well sending him to the metaphorical slaughter when you're doing your big speeches, Dave, but not very big of you to not stand up to him. Saying that though he hasn't got a backbone as he's the love child of a right wing hamster instilled with the views of a failed smack-head art student. Typical c***soup from him tonight.

Brown - Good start. A lot more firmer this time round and he's obviously listened to the advice of the psycho-analysis' and body language experts - More use of 'The One Handed Policy' instead of 'The Two Handed Policy' Brown's obviously starting to see Clegg is a threat and Cameron obviously doesn't feel brave enough to take Clegg head-on. Brown showed good communication skills with Clegg tonight.

Clegg - A superb politician and a people's politician. Used 'The One Handed Policy' yet again and constantly remained calm and retreated on his back heel - Always a good sign when addressing an audience. Clegg tackled Brown head on where it should have been Cameron tackling Brown head on - Just goes to prove who's the better man.

The Liberal's are the better party - No question or fight about it.

The Cons - That's exactly what they are. They deserve to have the liner notes of Maggie Thatcher's sinking of the Belgrano stapled to their f***ing prostates.

Labour - Labour are just Labour - Neither 'here' nor 'there but they certainly won't win this election by votes.

......And nor will The Cons.

All aboard The Cleggster's bus to 'Real Change'

Last edited:
"My boys, we're at the end of an age.

We live in a land of weather forecasts and breakfasts that 'set in,'

shat on by Tories, shoveled up by Labour."

Uncle Monty, Withnail and I

:thumb::thumb::thumb::lbf:

I didn't see tonights debate because it was on Sky.

Of course, lots more people have Sky now than this time last year because Labour are forcing everyone to go digital, even though digital transmitters & recievers use far more global warming causing electricity.

Cameron - Continues to shy away from the actual question and gives a response that he feels will get the British heads nodding. Not good enough. We're too wise for it. Cameron seems too reluctant to face up to Brown when he's side by side with him, it's all very well sending him to the metaphorical slaughter when you're doing your big speeches, Dave, but not very big of you to not stand up to him. Saying that though he hasn't got a backbone as he's the love child of a right wing hamster instilled with the views of a failed smack-head art student. Typical c***soup from him tonight.

Brown - Good start. A lot more firmer this time round and he's obviously listened to the advice of the psycho-analysis' and body language experts - More use of 'The One Handed Policy' instead of 'The Two Handed Policy' Brown's obviously starting to see Clegg is a threat and Cameron obviously doesn't feel brave enough to take Clegg head-on. Brown showed good communication skills with Clegg tonight.

Clegg - A superb politician and a people's politician. Used 'The One Handed Policy' yet again and constantly remained calm and retreated on his back heel - Always a good sign when addressing an audience. Clegg tackled Brown head on where it should have been Cameron tackling Brown head on - Just goes to prove who's the better man.

The Liberal's are the better party - No question or fight about it.

The Cons - That's exactly what they are. They deserve to have the liner notes of Maggie Thatcher's sinking of the Belgrano stapled to their f***ing prostates.

Labour - Labour are just Labour - Neither 'here' nor 'there but they certainly won't win this election by votes.

......And nor will The Cons.

All aboard The Cleggster's bus to 'Real Change'

Is there a fear that Clegg will take votes away from Brown, but not enough votes, and Cameron will slip through the split crack and win? Or are Cameron backers really liking Clegg as well?

Is there a fear that Clegg will take votes away from Brown, but not enough votes, and Cameron will slip through the split crack and win? Or are Cameron backers really liking Clegg as well?

That theory changes by the hour. In theory a certain amount of swing to Lib Dem will give Labour a boost in seats, too much of a swing to Lib Dems and Labour start to loose seats.

Both Labour and Conservation have a balancing act to play - criticise Lib Dem policies and Clegg enough to put wavering voters off, but not too much to push Clegg away from the possibility of forming a coalition government sometime after May 7th...

We don't really have a tradition of coalition government in this country - brief spells during the two world wars and for about a year in 1977 when the Labour party didn't have a majority. However, following limited devolution to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland there are more current examples of parties cooperating in coalition government arrangements.

The horse trading on May 7th will be fascinating...

Dave

I watched about 10 mnutes of it, thought I was watching 3 provincial bank managers arguing over whose turn it was to make the tea and watched the football instead. Which was even worse!

You had exactly the same evening as me then.
(oh,if you thought that was bad,you should have seen the "Home Secretary" debate,Grayling is a complete and utter tit,Johnson likewise so Chris Huhne had an easy win.

Last edited:
Well I thought someone had slipped something hallucogenic into my drink but no on the news today that really was Gordon Brown, his wife, a midget pensioner and an Elvis impersonator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8641849.stm

THe best thing is the Elvis impersonator sang to Our Great Leader: While his wife Sarah exercised her vocal cords, he simply shook hands with the Elvis, and looked a little embarrassed as the snake-hipped impersonator sang about how "nobody understands me".

Short of punching her...

Labour have just definitely lost the election

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8649012.stm

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has been caught on microphone describing a voter he had just spoken to in Rochdale as a "bigoted woman".

The 65-year-old woman had challenged Mr Brown on a number of issues including immigration, crime and the economy during the exchange.
As he got into his car, he was still wearing a broadcast microphone and was heard to say "that was a disaster".

It comes after Labour vowed for him to meet more ordinary voters.
The comments were made after speaking to Gillian Duffy, with Mr Brown not realising that he had a Sky News microphone pinned to his shirt.

He told an aide: "That was a disaster - they should never have put me with that woman. Whose idea was that? It's just ridiculous..."

Asked what she had said, he is heard to reply: "Ugh everything! She's just a sort of bigoted woman that said she used to be Labour. I mean it's just ridiculous. I don't know why Sue brought her up towards me."

This election is so like "The Thick of It" its getting ridiculous - some pensioner in Rochdale has the whole of the British press camped outside her door and she has just asked the Labour press officer to ask them "to get off the driveway" - I imagine her garden is already ruined....

Anyway Armando Iannucci just posted this and it made me laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
This election is so like "The Thick of It" its getting ridiculous - some pensioner in Rochdale has the whole of the British press camped outside her door and she has just asked the Labour press officer to ask them "to get off the driveway" - I imagine her garden is already ruined....

Anyway Armando Iannucci just posted this and it made me laugh:

:lbf:

I love news outlets. They'll be wanking themselves dry over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will any of these candidates finally stand up to the U.S. and tell Uncle Sam to shove it? No? Back to my nap, then.

I have to say, i'm really glad folk are taking an interest in politics for a change, even if it is just to indicate the crapness of it all.. There's been so much apathy around for the last few years,.. say what you will about Mrs T, but at least she united a nation in their hatred against her!:p (is she still not dead?)

This got ignored in the other thread where I posted it, so I'm posting it again. Cameron embarrasses himself in a Gay Times interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBlDfp85gP8
I have seen this before - it really shows his incompetence don't you think?

Its criminal that all this nonsense "bigot-gate" stuff today has over shadowed the Scottish Tory politician that was forced to step down after his BIGOTED homophobic comments on his blog....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/scotland/8647206.stm

Back
Top Bottom