"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
How many of these 'cut and paste' articles are we gonna get? Not one single original thought or journalistic angle here - just the same old regurgitated shite from ex-fans who can't get over the fact that their one time idol doesn't share the same political views as them. If you are going to write on the subject, at least try to come up with something vaguely original - these isn't a single sentence here I haven't read in a dozen or more previous opinion pieces. It's just lazy writing.

The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention - by Fiona Sturges, The Independent

"It has become a dispiriting ritual on social media that, every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly idiot has said or done now. Former fan Fiona Sturges has had enough"
Stop listening then, and shut up. If we're adapting Morrissey lyrics then 'The light has gone out for you' but 'I Don't Owe You Anything'.

How many of these 'cut and paste' articles are we gonna get? Not one single original thought or journalistic angle here - just the same old regurgitated shite from ex-fans who can't get over the fact that their one time idol doesn't share the same political views as them. If you are going to write on the subject, at least try to come up with something vaguely original - these isn't a single sentence here I haven't read in a dozen or more previous opinion pieces. It's just lazy writing.

Totally agree, it's just a page gap filler. It's just...boring. Nothing to see, move on.

that “a black pop conspiracy” was preventing The Smiths from fulfilling their potential"

I see, Morrissey.
Whitney Houston prevented you from achieving world domination in 1985, so now you're planning to punish her poor cousin by exposing her to ridicule by singing with you.

:screamcat: Been plotting this for years, haven't you, vengeful old maniac?

And if the world ouside California doesn't pay attention, which is what's very very likely to happen, what's your plan b?

"Take her to camp Redwood"? Oh shut up. :rolleyes:

Independent joining forces with The Guardian to attack Morrissey. They want their own 'f*** The Independent' "vest". Jealousy?

It's sad to see him get a media kicking at his age & with his obvious health problems.

And all those old quotes coming back.

Early 1980s Top of The Pops did book far more soul singers (most of whom have never been seen since) than Indie bands, because soul was cheerful & Indie was depressing. Every other pop star in existence got denounced as stupid or a sell-out by him. Most people would have the sense to moan about that in private but Morrissey has no filter.

Almost every terrible thing he says can be traced back to a book he read or some resentment he has about something he wants & didn't get, or got & didn't want, or some crush he has.

I wouldn't even ask him about politics or the state of the industry - all you'll get is complaints or denunciations, some of which might be funny if you're lucky.

I'd ask about songs & his lifestyle & his psychology. Why has no one ever wondered why he's so dysfunctional & why he went butch in the middle of 1992 & why he's been regularly collapsing for the past ten years?

So much potential material & hacks would rather demonize him or treat him like he's God.

1. Get triggered
2. Use cliche modified Morrissey lyric for headline
3. ???
4. Profit

Another stupid slag who's trying to make a name for herself in a very limited circulated publication, may I add that the article made fantastic toilet paper.

f***ING SNOWFLAKES,I SHIT EM!

Jason

Independent joining forces with The Guardian to attack Morrissey. They want their own 'f*** The Independent' "vest". Jealousy?

If I remember rightly, they are or were part of the same group along with The Times.

Jason

Nail on the head!

Jason

same old regurgitated shite from ex-fans who can't get over the fact that their one time idol doesn't share the same political views as them.

This is true, & really summarises where the likes of skinny fits.
That's all he does, regurgitates, copies/pastes stuff from his catalogue of hate phrases which he's previously posted.
Lazy, hateful bastard really. Nasty piece of work.

This is true, & really summarises where the likes of skinny fits.
That's all he does, regurgitates, copies/pastes stuff from his catalogue of hate phrases which he's previously posted.
Lazy, hateful bastard really. Nasty piece of work.
Due to the miracle of modern sense, he and Trill are presently being cut out of the Morrissey discourse here—like the cancers they are. This site is now entering the remission stage. God bless you all for your hard work.

Tags
fiona sturges the independent

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom