The 'I love Ikea' thread

hatfull

HIM-full
Ikea is my favourite shop ever! For all those who agree, here is a special thread...

ikeajr3.jpg

On the SLC bike ride, we passed this place, which I'd not seen before. Wonder whose business model they are following? Must pay them a visit...

Peter

Re: you people are f***ing freaks

i like ikea because its cheap enough but the furniture lasts a long time.

you people are f***ing freaks

202450302_e4aabe1b66.jpg

i like ikea because its cheap enough but the furniture lasts a long time.

That is does. We got a half-dozen Billy bookcases in the mid-90s, and there's not a single sagging shelf on them. Hopefully our kitchen cabinets will last as long (but not the crappy laminate countertop; it's already starting to bubble up in places--but it cost mere beans for 12 square feet).

i actually HATE going to ikea now, once was enough just to get what i needed when we got a place to live away from the parents. if my husband goes, he's gone for hours, and hundreds of dollars are lost when he comes back. I dont go bc i hate shopping, he's the shopper!
i think the hot dogs are great, and their cinnamon rolls too. mm!

i actually HATE going to ikea now, once was enough just to get what i needed when we got a place to live away from the parents. if my husband goes, he's gone for hours, and hundreds of dollars are lost when he comes back. I dont go bc i hate shopping, he's the shopper!
i think the hot dogs are great, and their cinnamon rolls too. mm!
I promised hubby he never, ever has to go to IKEA with me (and he'd just get in the way anyway, and spoil my fun!)

it's the only reason he goes to ikea, and then he insists on sitting in the car outside...

I can relate, or at least I used to be able to. We went to the opening of the store in suburban Chicago (1996 or so?), and there were over 5,000 cars in the parking lot. I got physically sick from agoraphobia, and was convinced that the building was shaking and about to collapse under the combined weight of so many hipsters. I refused to go back for another 6 months, and now I can't stay away from it. When my brother & I were in Minnesota for a week earlier this month, we drove to the one at the Mall nearly every day for its cheap meals.

i never go either, me and HIM should go roast hot dogs next time you and Jason feel it necessary to waste hard earned cash ;) hee hee hee
I do like the furniture from there, im just not a big fan of furniture in general. the japanese got the right idea!

That is does. We got a half-dozen Billy bookcases in the mid-90s, and there's not a single sagging shelf on them. Hopefully our kitchen cabinets will last as long (but not the crappy laminate countertop; it's already starting to bubble up in places--but it cost mere beans for 12 square feet).

My parents have some that are over 23 years old, have been dissassembled and reassembled several times, and moved cross country. They still look new. And guess what lines my living room wall?

It's sad, in a way, that most of my furniture comes from Ikea, but with the kids and the dogs... we must lower our standards somewhat.

i never go either, me and HIM should go roast hot dogs next time you and Jason feel it necessary to waste hard earned cash ;) hee hee hee
I do like the furniture from there, im just not a big fan of furniture in general. the japanese got the right idea!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yes that could work, as long as you realise you're driving ;)

It's sad, in a way, that most of my furniture comes from Ikea, but with the kids and the dogs... we must lower our standards somewhat.

I don't know about you, but Ikea meant a big improvement over what the Salvation Army & Goodwill decor that we had in college. And honestly, I don't care for anything fancier. I just can't look at a $2000 table without thinking, "shit, Ikea has a better, more flexible version for a tenth of that."

I don't know about you, but Ikea meant a big improvement over what the Salvation Army & Goodwill decor that we had in college. And honestly, I don't care for anything fancier. I just can't look at a $2000 table without thinking, "shit, Ikea has a better, more flexible version for a tenth of that."

OMG YOU READ MY MIND!!
i was 'hand me down, salvation army' -ing it until i moved to balto and got my first new furniture EVER!

Back
Top Bottom