"The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" original, full length (Decibelle Studios) posted on YouTube

Description:

The original Decibelle recording. Brings back so many memories. Thanks to Philipe Delcloque, one of the many unsung heroes of the late 70's, early 80's Manchester music scene.

UPDATE Jan. 1:

Additional clips added (Domu Kafe channel):

UPDATE Jan. 3:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Listen to The Smiths’ earliest studio demo from 1982 — including isolated guitar, vocals - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right from the jump, Moz's lyrics were the whole foundation of The Smiths.
When ya can serve up words that well, the rest is gonna work itself out.

stephens bit,talk about dragging it out,final bit went on forever and not in a good way.

Wow, and then to hear the individual tracks as well. What a revelation.
Thank so much Dale. Never thought I'd ever hear this. Just wonderful.

What a beautiful way to kick off a new year, thank you so much.
Morrissey sounds like the late Leonard Cohen on this one: no real singing voice, just a man reading out his poetry. The music sounds a bit monotonous, though I really like the outro. But I would also say that Johnny progressed very quickly, if you consider that songs like Hand In Glove, Handsome Devil, This Charming Man soo followed.

Yes. I have been saying this for awhile. If this was college and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle was turned in as a term paper and the only other writing sample of that student was say...Who Will Protect Us From The Police or Bury The Living, there would be a plagiarism investigation.

:crazy:

'the only other writing sample of the student was..." WTF!!!

YOU CANT PLAGIARIZE PENMANSHIP FFS

o my GOD:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Description:

The original Decibelle recording. Brings back so many memories. Thanks to Philipe Delcloque, one of the many unsung heroes of the late 70's, early 80's Manchester music scene.

UPDATE Jan. 1:

Additional clips added (Domu Kafe channel):

Related item:

O NO HOLY FFFFFFFLOCK NOOOOOOO!!!

WHAT DID DRAMAJ DO WITH THE MONEY THE MISSUS GAVE HIM FOR THE SINGING LESSONS????????!!!!!!!

ANOTHER COMETRY MUSICAL CATASTROPHE!!! WILL THEY EVER END????
:censored:

Moz was still workin' his singin' out and Johnny was still workin' his janglin' out.
Who ya ever heard came straight out with lyrics that good though?
Not even Bob Dylan did. Maybe Nas did.

Yeah, it quickly became one my favorites on the Smiths debut. I enjoy hearing demos and early versions to appreciate how songs evolved into what became the recorded version.

:crazy:

'the only other writing sample of the student was..." WTF!!!

YOU CANT PLAGIARIZE PENMANSHIP FFS

o my GOD:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Penmanship? What are you...slow? Writing sample as in the man CANNOT WRITE A DECENT LYRIC ANYMORE, when once he could write beautifully. Get it, you cantankerous clunk? The point is that we are all wondering how anyone can go from great lyricist to one of the worst out there today? Conspiracy theorists may wonder if Morrissey actually wrote the lyrics on those Smiths records or if he got some help...have you read his rancid novel? He is so not a writer anymore.

Penmanship? What are you...slow? Writing sample as in the man CANNOT WRITE A DECENT LYRIC ANYMORE, when once he could write beautifully. Get it, you cantankerous clunk? The point is that we are all wondering how anyone can go from great lyricist to one of the worst out there today? Conspiracy theorists may wonder if Morrissey actually wrote the lyrics on those Smiths records or if he got some help...have you read his rancid novel? He is so not a writer anymore.

:eek:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES A WRITING SAMPLE HAVE TO DO WITH WRITING A LYRIC????:crazy::crazy:

FFS ARE YOU SUGGESTING THE AUTHOR OF THE WRITING SAMPLE KNOWN AS "EUROPEAN ME" COULD HAVE POSSIBLY WRITTEN ONE SOLITARY SMITHS SONG????? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR MIND>>>:crazy:

QUIT BEING SUCH A CUCK.:straightface:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom