The Graduate

It is my all time favourite movie. Great soundtrack too.
It was given away with the Mail On Sunday the other week. I rang my mum as I know she buys it, to get me her to send me the DVD:thumb:

It is the film that launched a thousand fantasies about being with an older women:horny:
Yet, Anne Bancroft in real life is only SIX years older than Hoffman:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Yeah, he's meant to be 21 in it lol

Dustin was class in his early acting career, i love Midnight Cowboy aswell, though it doesn't seem like that was made 2 years after The Graduate

Yeah, he's meant to be 21 in it lol

Dustin was class in his early acting career, i love Midnight Cowboy aswell, though it doesn't seem like that was made 2 years after The Graduate

Now you are talking Kyle
Midnight Cowboy is my 3rd favourite film (Kes being 2nd:guitar:)
When I tell people this, they say 'Oh you like Hoffman?'
I say 'No, just happens that he is in two of my top three films'. That film is more for Jon Voight's performance as Joe Buck
I also like him in 'Accidental Hero' with Gina Davies:horny:

Jukebox Jury

''That's strictly for fags!'' :D

and never seen Accidental Hero, might buy it off hmv if it's cheap

He's a compulsive liar, lives in fantasy land. Always lets his kid and ex wife down (always late or never turns up with one excuse or the other etc).
Stumbles across a plane crash and goes in and saves Gina Davies (a TV reporter) and tells this bloke all about it...who then goes on to tell the TV show that it was him who saved Gina. Hoffman tells his son about it and of course he and his ex wife just think he is bullshitting them again, especially when this bloke is on TV being hailed a hero and reaps the rewards..... but Gina isn't convinced about the other bloke....:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

One of my favorite movies ever.

London, December 23 (ANI): Kim Peek, who was the inspiration for the character of Raymond Babbitt, played by Dustin Hoffman, in the movie Rain Man, has died aged 58.

Peek, dubbed as the ‘real Rain Man’, passed away after suffering a heart attack in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The genius, who was classed as a “mega-savant” and memorised 12,000 books, struggled with ordinary tasks like getting dressed and combing his hair, reports the Telegraph.

Peek’s brilliant skills included being able to read one page of a book with his left eye and the other with his right while it took him just eight seconds to read and remember a page.

He inspired script writer Barry Morrow to pen the movie after they met in the early 1980s.

Hoffman, who met Peek during his preparation for the role, later won the Oscar for his depiction of a savant.

Peek’s father Fran said: “Dustin Hoffman said to me, you have to promise me one thing about this guy, share him with the world.” (ANI)

---

Rain Man was an incredible movie! probably my favourite Dustin movie

London, December 23 (ANI): Kim Peek, who was the inspiration for the character of Raymond Babbitt, played by Dustin Hoffman, in the movie Rain Man, has died aged 58.

Peek, dubbed as the ‘real Rain Man’, passed away after suffering a heart attack in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The genius, who was classed as a “mega-savant” and memorised 12,000 books, struggled with ordinary tasks like getting dressed and combing his hair, reports the Telegraph.

Peek’s brilliant skills included being able to read one page of a book with his left eye and the other with his right while it took him just eight seconds to read and remember a page.

He inspired script writer Barry Morrow to pen the movie after they met in the early 1980s.

Hoffman, who met Peek during his preparation for the role, later won the Oscar for his depiction of a savant.

Peek’s father Fran said: “Dustin Hoffman said to me, you have to promise me one thing about this guy, share him with the world.” (ANI)

---

Rain Man was an incredible movie! probably my favourite Dustin movie

Kyle
At the risk of sounding like Kewpie:eek:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=106133

Jukebox Jury

I was named after one of the characters from The Graduate. I not saying which one but it's a great movie to have a connection with.

Yet, Anne Bancroft in real life is only SIX years older than Hoffman:eek:

Jukebox Jury

No way!!!!:eek::eek: I never knew that. Amazing film and soundtrack.

I'm sure the first Christmas it was shown on TV ( in the 70's perhaps) I had received the LP of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass and also Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf as presents and I cannot think of The Graduate without thinkiing of the other two also. Happy memories...

Back
Top Bottom