The further aadventures of The Truth

The Truth

about Ruth
So I woke up at 6am got up and went over to AM/PM to get a cup of coffee to make life worth living and what happens? There is this really shady couple outside blocking the sidewalk. They weigh about 117 lbs between them. Methamphetamine addicts. And they're asking everyone who goes in the store for money even though I notice they've already got drinks and a bag of Doritos. They've spent at least $8 on garbage and they could have gotten a somewhat nutritional breakfast for that off of the dollar menu at one of the nearby fast food places. Even inside AM/PM they have rice pudding, yogurt, cheese sticks, things that at least have some nutritional value.
Anyway, he is standing facing away looking into the store, probably seeing who is getting cash back. I've had them do that when I was paying. She is sitting and she's got this cute little puppy. I don't know what kind. It was tiny. Not a chihuahua. I feel sorry for the puppy but that is their prop so that lots of people will give them something. People are typically more concerned about a little puppy eating than a drug addict with dead eyes that looks like they'll stab you if they get a chance.
Anyway, the woman is the one who is assigned to ask people for money, because people will feel more sorry for her than him.
To me, I don't really feel sorry for either of them. They made choices and at some point they should have tried to get off meth. Maybe the current situation will be enough to make them see that because I'm sure a lot less people want to interact with random street people who are grimy and hardcore addicts. Unfortunately there is less health care available to them right now even if they wanted to go to rehab but if they wanted to quit there are still places to go. He could go through the Salvation Army program but he would have to be tested for drugs and he would have to work. I am not sure what is available for her but they have clinics around here and churches that will help people so even if they can't go to a medical facility right now they can quit. So I don't feel sorry for them for their addiction or their choices. I just feel sorry for the little dog. But someone will buy something for the dog to eat guaranteed and it's so tiny that it won't eat too much.
Anyway, I walked way around them because I'm treating everyone like they've got the plague, especially people sitting around on dirty sidewalks. She asked me if I had any spare change.
I'd just talked to my musclehead buddy the day before and he went off on a spiel about how there is no such thing as spare change and the concept of having extra money is something he doesn't get. He's pretty funny and should really try standup. I think the Trump crowd would love him. He wasn't drunk. I've never seen him drunk. But it was afternoon and he'd had a couple of beers so he was feeling good and enjoying having someone to listen to his story so he was really getting into telling it and it was pretty entertaining.
So this was fresh on my mind and I said "No, I've never had extra money in my life." She made this face like "you asshole." I said "what you ought to do is sell that little dog to someone that can afford to feed it. You'd get enough to get a meal, a motel room and... whatever else you're trying to get out here this morning." She says "f*** you! I can feed my dog!" I said, "Okay. So why are you asking me for money?" Then I made the *mic drop* gesture and walked away. The dude never said anything the whole time. He's saying his energy for when they get $30 or whatever their magic number is and can go see the dopeman.

Willing to hear about how I'm the asshole in this situation and not the people blocking the door and begging for dope money during a health crisis when we're supposed to be "social distancing." Open to ideas about how my nonexistent spare change is actually the property of random dope addicts on moral grounds.

So last night I was home and I heard someone trying to break in. I live in the back of this house and my friend lives in the front and uses a different door. So this used to be a nice neighborhood but now there are people fighting and yelling at all hours on the street outside. Her house has been broken into before and the building next door has also been broken into.
I was just about asleep and I hear this loud banging and I guessed it was someone trying to kick the door in. I went outside and around to the front to catch them there but no one was there. So I'm looking around and here comes this dude from the building next door and he says something I didn't understand. He was drunk or high. But it sounded something like "trying to get in."
So I realized that he was trying to get in to the building next door and I was glad because I just said the other day that I would like to catch them. So I said "Oh really? You were trying to get in?" I wasn't really mad yet. It was about 2:30 am and I was still trying to figure out what was going on. He said "yes, I work there." So that was when I flipped a switch because it made me more angry that he was lying about it. I still didn't know exactly what had happened. But I just kind of lost it then and started saying "don't lie to me!" lol He realized then I was mad and I think he had been planning on walking off but when I started calling him motherf***er and telling him not to lie to me he turned and faced me. I was about twelve feet away and I ran at him and pushed him and he fell down on his back. I'm not sure what I was saying but I was telling him don't lie and don't try to break in here.
Usually I'm very calm and it's hard to make me angry but it happened immediately. He got up and was saying something and I kicked him. He didn't fall because he grabbed this garbage can and then he started reaching in it like he was getting a weapon. I thought there might be a bottle or something so I said "okay, we can do it that way too." lol I went back inside for a second and got this baseball bat and when I came back out he had walked off to the AM/PM and he was going through their garbage.
I said "no, you have to go." I was about twenty feet away and I lifted up the bat and walked towards him. He walked away but when I would stop he would stop and start talking. I told him "Less talking, more walking." lol
So he abandoned his garbage and started walking away again but then he would stop. By then there were people watching and I wasn't sure what would happen if the cops came because he did try to break in but now we're half a block away. I told him if I saw him again I was going to use the bat on his head and then he said that I'd better make sure I kill him if I do because ... something about me winding up in the hospital. I had kind of stopped chasing him and was just standing in by the gas pumps while he was walking away but when he said that it made me angry again so I started running at him with the bat held up and he ran across the street and almost ran in front of this big truck.
I didn't want to call the cops because I knew there would be video of me chasing him with the bat because of the cameras at the gas station and I wasn't sure if I was breaking the law or not. I don't know if you have to stop perusing someone once they're leaving or not.
So I went back and looked at the door of the building next door and he had almost kicked the door in but it held. I went back to see if he was still around and he was sitting next to this wall at Jack in the Box but there were two police cars driving around. I imagine someone called them but they were probably looking for someone with a bat so I just went back home.
probs not the most skillful way of handling it but i likely would've done the same

I don't know if you have to stop perusing someone once they're leaving or not.

shouldnt be perusing people at all, you sicko

Tags
beggars debate homeless no compassion the truth trolling?
Back
Top Bottom