The Footy Thread

Can someone tell me how that diving, biting, cheating Suarez got footballer of the year over Yaya?

Yes, he's been the best player by a mile all season! Plus he dives no more than many other players. Toure has been great too, but historically a striker - especially with 30 goals - will always get the nod.

Still not celebrating yet (did you notice the low key celebration at the end of the game? Take note Liverpool.....)

Nobody at Liverpool was celebrating. I think the media may have got carried away with themselves though. If you mean the Gerrard huddle, then I think that is being misrepresented now. He was the telling the team that they hadn't won anything yet... and he was right!

One game to go......... we can do this......

Only our secret weapons of Carroll and Downing stand in your way! But yes, City have won it by being the best team across the entire season... whereas Liverpool have just had one really fantastic run since Christmas and now an understandable dip.

I live in Manchester btw and watch the games with City fans and there is no animosity between us whatsoever. City top and Liverpool second is a great victory over the Chosen One's United and the Chelski oligarchs.

No, I wasn't talking about the huddle as your comments are right on that but take a look at the reaction on the final whistle at the players and the fans in particular (we're gonna win the league'' belted out throughout and at Norwich). The fans in particular got very giddy and that is why Gerrard most likely did the huddle. But I think everyone just got carried away with themselves and believed the shite they were reading in the media or on Talk Sport / Sky.
Rogers then started sniping at City too. Pellegrini has kept his counsel and not made comments about any other club.
At least with Jose you just know he's being a prick but Rogers believed in what he was saying!

Was very pleased with how Pellegrini and the Blues fans / players are going about this and all the media overdrive regarding Liverpool has benefitted City who have quietly gone on about their business with little added pressure.
One more game Blues, just one more game........

Jukebox ''Come on City'' Jury :thumb:

I wish you'd be more reactionary instead of reasonable Orson. This thread needs a Liverpool fan with a sense of entitlement!

It's not much fun celebrating against nice people.

Was very pleased with how Pellegrini and the Blues fans / players are going about this and all the media overdrive regarding Liverpool has benefitted City who have quietly gone on about their business with little added pressure.
One more game Blues, just one more game........

I think you may be right that the media attention got to Liverpool a little bit and meant they metaphorically (and in Gerrard's case literally against Chelsea) took their eye off the ball...

I wish you'd be more reactionary instead of reasonable Orson. This thread needs a Liverpool fan with a sense of entitlement!

It's not much fun celebrating against nice people.

Celebrate as much you like! If we do get second it'll be a massive achievement for Liverpool, and pretty unthinkable from this time last year. The big problem with getting into the Champions League is we only really have a strong first eleven and perhaps two or three outside of that who are really up to it. So massed reinforcements are needed in the summer...

I think you may be right that the media attention got to Liverpool a little bit and meant they metaphorically (and in Gerrard's case literally against Chelsea) took their eye off the ball...
QUOTE]

I think the issue became with the media saying things like ''it would be fitting to win it for the 96 on the 25th year'' (that is not meant in anyway to be derogatory to the 96 before anyone asks) and ''it would be fitting to win it for Stevie G as it's the only trophy that has eluded him'' and there were a few other reasons why ''it would be good for Liverpool to win it'' (including the ridiculous ''they play attacking football and so their style deserves it'', completely ignoring that City had matched them for goals scored all along) and of course ''Liverpool winning it would be a triumph of no money over money'' - like Liverpool have never spent big (Dalgliesh spunked 100m not so long ago!) and the xenophobic nonsense about Rodgers being a bright young British manager against the filthy foreigner manager UKIP type crap.

And I believe the club / fans just were swept along with the tidal wave of wankfest that the media served up - not helped by the complete overload of ex players as pundits cropping everywhere out of the woodwork adding to the pressure.

I've hardly seen any ex City player in the media at all (Robbie Fowler apart :D ) oh and Danny Mills who is..... I haven't enough time to discuss my feelings on his time at City on 45K a week...... :( which is good. The players are just getting on with the job and the fans quietly killing themselves inside waiting for the old ''typical City'' to pop up ha ha.

Well done, City. Quality football. Quality squad. Quality manager. Delighted to have run them close and beaten Chelski to second place.

Are you a scouse fan as well Peter?

All the wrong people on this forum support Liverpool. I want to gloat at you but can't!

Unfortunately for the rest of us I think it's only a matter of time before Rogers picks up a title.

Looking at the bottom, I can't see any Cardiff or Fulham bouncing back any time soon.

What an absolutely brilliant day! Got up this morning and my neighbour's house at the back of us is still rockin from last night haha! I still feel a bit drunk my head is spinning, but my heart is bursting with pride. :D

Championies championies.......:guitar:

Are you a scouse fan as well Peter?

All the wrong people on this forum support Liverpool. I want to gloat at you but can't!

Unfortunately for the rest of us I think it's only a matter of time before Rogers picks up a title.

Looking at the bottom, I can't see any Cardiff or Fulham bouncing back any time soon.
No, I'm a not a Liverpool fan.
However, you can still gloat.
I would not take it in bad spirits.
If you win the Premiership you have the right.
I believe, of all the cups, the Premiership is the hardest to win and therefore the grandest titles.

I believe, of all the cups, the Premiership is the hardest to win and therefore the grandest titles.
You can of course believe whatever you like.
But the "hardest to win"?
Do you mean compared all the rest of the leagues in the world?
Or all the club competitions around the world?
Our local under 10's has just won a league and cup double.
And having watched quite a bit of them these last few weeks,I can tell that was hard to do.

You can of course believe whatever you like.
But the "hardest to win"?
Do you mean compared all the rest of the leagues in the world?
Or all the club competitions around the world?
Our local under 10's has just won a league and cup double.
And having watched quite a bit of them these last few weeks,I can tell that was hard to do.
Well even Manchester City would have a problem winning your local under 10's cup as they do not compete.
The same for overseas leagues and competitions.
It's very strange that I have to explain this but there you go.
What I meant was the Premiership title over the league, FA and European Champions cups.
Are you bored Malvachat?

Are you bored Malvachat?
No not at all.
Sorry:o I wasn't trying to be pedantic I swear.
Please forgive me having reread what I put I can see it could be taken as making fun of your comments.
That was not my intention.:tears:
You've clarified what I was asking.
Not sure if wining our premiership is harder than the Champions league.
Mainly because of the standards of the teams involved.

Back
Top Bottom