The Footy Thread

Now that, my friends, is what I call solidarity!

Lest there be any doubt, hatred of Liverpool is a bona fide form of collectivism. Or something....

Liverpool - "the neutrals favourites" - The misnomer of the century! There's still a VERY small chance Palace and Villa could do us a massive favour too.

F**king huge result today.
I actually ran a 5K race in the morning and my heart was beating faster during Fergie time than it was during the run :lbf:

Amazing three points and amazing tactics by the manager (I shouted ''Fernandhino for Aguero????)

Villa and West Ham at home ON PAPER is a great last two games to have. Who cares what The Mickies or the Pensioners do.
We just have to do it against the two teams in claret and blue. That's all. I'm taking nothing for granted....... Two feet on the ground and all that. The Scousers had already booked their open top bus after they beat us. it came back to bite them on the arse as Gerrard slipped on his arse. It could do that against us as well...... remain professional City..... together we can do this...... :guitar: :cool:

Jukebox ''Come On City'' City :thumb:

Nice to see Norwich giving Chelsea a taste of their own medicine. Looks like Moaninho will be an expert in failure this season...

It would be a travesty if Liverpool won the league. They are a one man team and have had it easy - one match per week.

City deserve to win the league.

Come on City!

I am a Chelsea fan and am under no illusions. Chelsea do not deserve to win the league. We have played boring football, especially after the 0-0 with Arsenal over Christmas.

City deserve the league, hands down.

I'm a little torn in some ways.
City do deserve it,although I feel for the Liverpool fans,so long without the league.
But when I think back how the Liverpool fans cheered when Blackburn won it way back.
Not that their team didn't do their job and won the game.
But because Utd had been piped at the end.
That's reason enough for me to say F**k the scousers.
I know it's still a little premature but if City blow it now they want f**king.

It would be a travesty if Liverpool won the league. They are a one man team and have had it easy - one match per week.

Funny how they had three players in the PFA team of the year... and Gerrard is runner-up to Suarez in the writer's award.

I know it's still a little premature but if City blow it now they want f**king.

I think City were easily the best team in the first half of the season and Liverpool edged the second, although have faded in form a little towards the end. I like Pellegrini and the way City play, but a team with Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero in it should have probably walked the league this season. As it is, they may squeak it on goal difference...

For Liverpool an assured 3rd place (probably 2nd) with potentially 100+ goals scored is a staggering achievement from last season's seventh.

Well who saw both Chelsea and Liverpool drawing - and in spectacular style at Selhurst Park, amazing game and what a fantastic atmosphere. Well done Palace!

Suarez at the end looked a right tit. Could understand if it was Sunday and they lose it but they haven't lost it yet (this is CITY we are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
One win and a draw and we are there, baring a 10-0 win for the Mickies against Newcastle and we win 1-0.

Cannot see City scoring less than two goals in each game. How do Villa and West Ham play it? Do they attack and get a 4-0 hiding or do they defend like mad (with nothing to play for other than pride) and spend the entire game camped in their own half inviting a few goals?

That is not to say it will be easy. Neither team has anything to play for, under no pressure..... City under immense pressure. Early goals for us in both games to ease the pressure and really lift the crowd......

I said a few pages back there were more twists to come after we lost at Anfield. Never imagined this many - and just hope there are no more to come on the City front!

Balotelli........ to Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jukebox ''shitting his pants, wont sleep until Wednesday, Come on City'' Jury :thumb:

Well, as a Liverpool and a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan that wasn't the best of nights for me...

Brendan was naïve in not trying to protect the lead at 3-1. Why take off Sterling? And why not bring on Agger?

Still, it's been an amazing season and I'm proud we've somehow taken it the last game of the season.

And City do have to face Downing and Carroll, of course. ;)

Last edited:
A lesson to all fans last night.
Get behind your team no matter what.
The Palace fans were outstanding and Liverpool were like rabbits in headlights for the last ten.
I wonder what it is about Tony Pulis?
When he was at Stoke the fans got behind his side in the same way.

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United manager, press conference tomorrow

Not as good as seeing Cardiff getting relegated next season and humiliated by the pride of Wales in Swansea. I reckon Swansea will murder Cardiff in both games.

We weren't humiliated by Swansea, well only once. I don't think there's a word to describe the complete and utter shit season Cardiff fans endured this season. Not even Venkys or Portsmouth.
What a way to celebrate our first appearance in the Top division for 50+ years. Become a laughing stock due to some f***ing lunatic with a superstition for lucky red sacking the manager who would have stood us in good chance of remaining in the league.

What a joke, and has taken the gloss off for me for a really good season for football in general, particularly the title race. Beware of dodgy foreign investors waving money about, unless you're a Chelsea or Man City fan

Lulz..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me how that diving, biting, cheating Suarez got footballer of the year over Yaya?

Absolute class performance City. Took your time and eventually smashed the parked bus open wide.

Still not celebrating yet (did you notice the low key celebration at the end of the game? Take note Liverpool.....)
One game to go......... we can do this......

Jukebox ''On The Brink'' Jury

Come on City! even the raggies are cheering us on haha..... Plus, biting my nails down to the stumps has to be justified!

One more point my bluemooners, one more point :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom