Morrissey Central "The End" (August 14, 2020)

Dear God, how much more repetition of the same point can a person do? One Anon / various Anons thinks there is zero chance of M & M ever exchanging a civil word, come Hell or high water. Fine, we understand. Some of us think that's nonsense based on their history, also fine.

It is strange to me that someone wants to be 'right', with such intent, about something so grim. Could there really be Smiths fans out there, dizzy with glee at the estrangement of their old heroes and the prospect of them sniping at each other relentlessly until death? Christ.

As to available information - one look through Autobio tells me that M loved Marr, thinks they split over nothing and is frequently wounded by what he sees as Johnny taking swipes at him. And if I can be Mystic Meg for a second, I'd say the crux of Johnny's position for 20-odd years has been, "He is an erratic person and freezes me out for 'betrayals' I don't understand" and Moz' position has mostly been, "He always makes me feel second-best, as my dossier of newspaper cuttings shows." Their relationship is a hodge-podge of miscommunication and not taking the time to sit down and sort through their issues. Time they just might have in these strange days.

Last edited:
Are you still here? Be gracious in defeat.

Don't be purile. I was never playing a game. I stated my view as you all do continually and yet I am called badgering.

I don't care two hoots whether you think that and I still stand by my view.

Highly unlikely

And you didn't answer what you meant when referring to The Stone Roses reunion that is relevant to this discussion. Can you enlighten us please?

Don't be purile. I was never playing a game. I stated my view as you all do continually and yet I am called badgering.

I don't care two hoots whether you think that and I still stand by my view.

Highly unlikely

And you didn't answer what you meant when referring to The Stone Roses reunion that is relevant to this discussion. Can you enlighten us please?
You’re right. About everything.

You can go away now.

Dear God, how much more repetition of the same point can a person do? One Anon / various Anons thinks there is zero chance of M & M ever exchanging a civil word, come Hell or high water. Fine, we understand. I (and others) think that's nonsense based on their history, also fine.

It is strange to me that someone wants to be 'right', with such intent, about something so grim. Could there really be Smiths fans out there, dizzy with glee at the estrangement of their old heroes and the prospect of them sniping at each other until death? Christ.

All I have done is reply to people's alleged reasons for the fact it will happen so are not those posts applicable to replies? Or do people not accept that someone may have a different opinion.

Why is it so grim? Happens to everyone in life. People very rarely stay friends for life. People move on, people have unreconcilable differences. It isn't grim, it is just life.

And I don't believe any dizziness re glee was every portrayed. I expressed my view but then continually page after page was told that was not valid. And I have never mentioned anything about griping. You put words into my mouth that were never expressed.

There are certain people on here who believe their opinion has to have the last word and so continue to express it. So therefore so do I have the perfectly acceptable right to respond to such posts.

Just because I say what you don't agree with doesn't mean it shouldn't be posted. I was happy to stop at the first post but then people kept saying it was likely due to this or likely due to that and I disagree and hence I said so.

Maybe people should just accept not everyone is going to agree.

Highly unlikely

Stating my view as it being highly unlikely is not badgering. It is stating my opinion and I don't believe that on a discussion forum is classed as badgering.

It is highly unlikely based on available information.

I think we've established that you think it's highly unlikely.

Other people think it's possible.

You’re right. About everything.

You can go away now.

Wow. You now tell people they cant express their views and they should go away.

It is a discussion forum where people are free to express their views. If you cant handle someone not agreeing with you then why go on a discussion forum?

Now about that Stone Roses point?

I think we've established that you think it's highly unlikely.

Other people think it's possible.

I know other people think it is possible. I have never disputed that. And many people think it isn't.

There. Happy now

All I have done is reply to people's alleged reasons for the fact it will happen so are not those posts applicable to replies? Or do people not accept that someone may have a different opinion.

Why is it so grim? Happens to everyone in life. People very rarely stay friends for life. People move on, people have unreconcilable differences. It isn't grim, it is just life.

And I don't believe any dizziness re glee was every portrayed. I expressed my view but then continually page after page was told that was not valid. And I have never mentioned anything about griping. You put words into my mouth that were never expressed.

There are certain people on here who believe their opinion has to have the last word and so continue to express it. So therefore so do I have the perfectly acceptable right to respond to such posts.

Just because I say what you don't agree with doesn't mean it shouldn't be posted. I was happy to stop at the first post but then people kept saying it was likely due to this or likely due to that and I disagree and hence I said so.

Highly unlikely

🙄

You didn't respond to such posts though - why do you think Marr's image would be dented or that Marr would worry about his image being dented for meeting someone who has just lost his mother?

I didn't comment on the politics beyond it being fairly unusual to cut someone completely dead - but obviously he might.

Dear God, how much more repetition of the same point can a person do? One Anon / various Anons thinks there is zero chance of M & M ever exchanging a civil word, come Hell or high water. Fine, we understand. Some of us think that's nonsense based on their history, also fine.

It is strange to me that someone wants to be 'right', with such intent, about something so grim. Could there really be Smiths fans out there, dizzy with glee at the estrangement of their old heroes and the prospect of them sniping at each other relentlessly until death? Christ.

As to available information - one look through Autobio tells me that M loved Marr, thinks they split over nothing and is frequently wounded by what he sees as Johnny taking swipes at him. And if I can be Mystic Meg for a second, I'd say the crux of Johnny's position for 20-odd years has been, "He is an erratic person and freezes me out for 'betrayals' I don't understand" and Moz' position has mostly been, "He always makes me feel second-best, as my dossier of newspaper cuttings shows." Their relationship is a hodge-podge of miscommunication and not taking the time to sit down and sort through their issues. Time they just might have in these strange days.
🤒

we now why Moz wont associate with low life :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:.
Reason: hes a 🦠
A worm.:blushing:

🙄

You didn't respond to such posts though - why do you think Marr's image would be dented or that Marr would worry about his image being dented for meeting someone who has just lost his mother?

I didn't comment on the politics beyond it being fairly unusual to cut someone completely dead - but obviously he might.

His image hasn't anything to do with it and I didn't use the word image. It wouldn't be so trivial.

You see you are continuing the discussion as you have continually done and yet if I respond to you I will somewhere down the line be criticised for responding to you.

It isn't me doing this, it is you. You are trying as you always do to start a discussion on the politics angle and I am not interested in engaging with it with you.

Every post I have made on this subject has just been to say that I think it highly unlikely and every time I say that you then reply to me.

Just drop it

His image hasn't anything to do with it and I didn't use the word image. It wouldn't be so trivial.

You see you are continuing the discussion as you have continually done and yet if I respond to you I will somewhere down the line be criticised for responding to you.

It isn't me doing this, it is you. You are trying as you always do to start a discussion on the politics angle and I am not interested in engaging with it with you.

Every post I have made on this subject has just been to say that I think it highly unlikely and every time I say that you then reply to me.

Just drop it

You said this 👇 - not wanting to associate with someone considered toxic is about image.

If you misunderstood & thought the discussion was about working together, then fair enough, but we did actually clarify that ages ago - so what's your burning issue?

20200817_171718.jpg

Johnny lives about 2 miles from Beachmount and I reckon he will have popped round to see Morrissey and his mum once he became aware of how gravely ill she was. I also think he will attend the funeral.

It was also nice to see that Angie and Johnny along with Paul Weller contributed towards Denise Johnsons funeral costs.

You said this 👇 - not wanting to associate with someone considered toxic is about image.

If you misunderstood & thought the discussion was about working together, then fair enough, but we did actually clarify that ages ago - so what's your burning issue?

View attachment 58455

and that is only one reason it is highly unlikely. I think the post speaks for itself and needs no explanation and that part of the discussion was in relation to them working together. That was way back.

But you want to bring that discussion back?

Drop it

Johnny lives about 2 miles from Beachmount and I reckon he will have popped round to see Morrissey and his mum once he became aware of how gravely ill she was. I also think he will attend the funeral.

It was also nice to see that Angie and Johnny along with Paul Weller contributed towards Denise Johnsons funeral costs.

Yep - I'm surprised it's even in question, really, but there you go.

You think he would associate with you? It is because of people like you and blind faith fans that he has security.

Oh, well - that's probably the burning issue then...

741fdbbc885758e5c0211f86471c8de9.jpg

I think it's more sound & fury myself...

and that is only one reason it is highly unlikely. I think the post speaks for itself and needs no explanation and that part of the discussion was in relation to them working together. That was way back.

But you want to bring that discussion back?

Drop it

It never ended - because you continued to go on about it.

It's incredibly unbecoming and frankly psychotic for any of you to speculate on this hell forum whether Morrissey and Marr will resume their creative partnership predicated on the death of Morrissey's beloved mother.

How about we just cut and paste poetry and post youtube songs. Wouldn't that seem more sane?

Highly unlikely

My point is that you want to be right about something in an area where most fans would prefer to be wrong. Someone might say, "I don't think it's likely but I'd love to be wrong..!", whereas you've essentially said, "They don't like each other and Morrissey's too toxic anyway, I'm right and I'd bet a million quid that I am, so there." Does it really surprise you that it's an unpopular opinion, on here of all places?

People naturally move on but Morrissey and JM aren't Rita and Bob from the fish shop, they will go down in history together like Lennon/McCartney, like Jagger/Richards - as they intended. If you went on a Beatles forum and said, "Paul didn't even like John, why would he care that he got shot...", you'd be torn apart.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom