The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

You're a loud, proud homophobe on a fan website for a sexually-active gay man. It's not about liberal or conservative. As the anonymous poster remarked, it's about respect and compassion. You're simply hateful, paranoid and afraid. People like you always love to trot their lousy opinions out as if it's the most daring thing in the world, then hide behind the plausible deniability of coy semantics.

Couldn't agree more.

So what if Moz is gay or sexually active? I couldn't care less. Just like I don't care about the orientation of posters on this site. Why can't it just be about the music?
I wasn’t talking to you. I’m referring to Pipistrella’s cognitive dissonance. But to answer your question, nothing is “just” about one thing. The personal is political.

Hate Speech is nowadays any opinion a liberal disagrees with.

As evidently exampled above.

Crumbs. Talk about defensive. The discussion seemed to be about opinions, the right to hold them and language used.
Then you go full-tilt distraction with your hate speech, liberal guff. Why so nervy? You haven't experienced another anal prolapse have you?

Morrissey says he's 'humasexual'.

He's a gay man in a gay same sex relationships that he seems ashamed of.

Most fans don't genuinely care. I don't.
It becomes an issue when the homophobes pile in to the forum and use incredibly offensive homophobic language. By and large others collude with their homophobia.

Those that support LGBT rights challenge the homophobes and another thread is lost to homophobic slurs.

Another day begins and so it repeats; gay men and woman verbally abused for the twisted gratification of homophobes.

I wasn’t talking to you. I’m referring to Pipistrella’s cognitive dissonance. But to answer your question, nothing is “just” about one thing. The personal is political.

:rolleyes:
WTF?????'the personal is political". you are morphing into Fake Chameleon/Untruth land. You are now officially unable to make any sense whatsoever.:crazy:

just got off the phone with Paris TICKETMASTER> here is what they had to say::blacktelephone:

MONSIEUR MOZ SOLD OUT SOLD OUT NO MORE TICKETS.:thumb:

they also said they already sent Moz his million franc fee.:rock:

It's not spot on at all. Let me spell out something very clearly for you (that many others also struggle to understand). The Morrissey UK arena tour of February and March 2018 was the MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR HE'S EVER DONE, SOLO OR SMITH. None of the factors listed has changed in the last two years. The band, the songwriting, the setlists. If anything he's toured less frequently than usual in the UK as we now have a two year gap since the previous shows. In April 2018 he urged everyone to vote for a far-right political party. By June 2018, his fanbase had begun to crumble as evidenced by the appalling sales for his subsequently cancelled summer tour.

The scattered month and a half tour of the UK in 2018 was his most successful ever? Ha! Where did you get that stat? Morrissey Central?? What a joke to base your argument on!

The far-left loons of the UK had already left Morrissey by then anyway, so your argument is severely flawed.

The joyful and victorious Quarry tour feels like a hundred lifetimes ago. Energized performances, a renewed sense of purpose and superb setlists from start to finish. The atmosphere of every show was hopeful and exciting. A wonderful time to be a fan, though it didn't take long for the rot to set in. I remember by the time the Ringleader tour started up, things were already starting to feel sour. Picked up a bit towards the end when he was doing the long New York runs, but in general the focus was lost and it never really came back. I don't think I've seen a truly good Morrissey show since about 2007.

I could not agree with you more. 2004 was a pleasure, I saw many gigs on that tour, all of them were full of energy and fun. Even the new material (at the time) was exciting to hear live. When's the last time you can say that for Morrissey? But you're right. the last truly great shows were in 2007, maybe you can stretch it to 2008 with the London shows and scattered festival shows, which had some decent sets. 2009 was just abysmal, and self indulgent. 2011 started off promising, but the shows quickly degraded over time. From then on, it's pretty much been the same dog and pony show with different ho-hum selections added and subtracted.

He's a gay man in a gay same sex relationships that he seems ashamed of.

Most fans don't genuinely care. I don't.
It becomes an issue when the homophobes pile in to the forum and use incredibly offensive homophobic language. By and large others collude with their homophobia.

Those that support LGBT rights challenge the homophobes and another thread is lost to homophobic slurs.

Another day begins and so it repeats; gay men and woman verbally abused for the twisted gratification of homophobes.

He doesn't seem ashamed of his sexuality - he just seems to like to keep his inner circle out of the media (unless they've got their own profile).

..I thoroughy enjoyed reading your article. It's a sorry state of affairs for me to have 'loved' someone so much only find myself at the loathing end of the spectrum.

Awww. So sad to hear:disrelieved:. If you promise to leave , it'll be much better.

Morrissey hasn’t been “asexual” since 1984. And even then it was debatable.

Did he ever imply he was asexual? I thought he was looking for a relationship but couldn't find one.

Another gleeful hit piece. Where is the solidarity from one fat gay gay vegan for another?

Are you this stringent in attacking the ethics of all the non-vegans you gossip about or just anthropocentric politics you deem to be “wrong think”?
So quoting actual fact is now a 'hit piece'?

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour
Back
Top Bottom