The Decemberists- The Hazards of Love

justme

Love me outside!
I don't know if anyone here likes the Decemberists . I've just pre-ordered their latest album The Hazards of Love .

Any thoughts? :)

I'm a fan of those guys. I'm not really a old fan; Picaresque was the first album of theirs that I heard but I was a fan instantly and have ending up scooping up all of their albums.

I'm a fan of those guys. I'm not really a old fan; Picaresque was the first album of theirs that I heard but I was a fan instantly and have ending up scooping up all of their albums.

yeah,me too - I quite like his voice as well - it's a bit unusual (maybe that's why). Have you heard his morrissey covers? I like those too :thumb:

Yeah those covers were very nice. The only real gripe I had with it was in his cover of "Everyday is like Sunday" he said "have some pleased tea with me" or something like that and it kinda made me giggle a bit because come on how could you mess up Everyday is Like Sunday like that.

I really like his version of Jack The Ripper

Just heard a track off the new album although it doesn't actually have any breaks between song's ..I don't know much about them but it was a woman doing most of the singing.

The new album is rather good, I am not sure if its a favorite of mine, but its another solid album from them.

Yeah those covers were very nice. The only real gripe I had with it was in his cover of "Everyday is like Sunday" he said "have some pleased tea with me" or something like that and it kinda made me giggle a bit because come on how could you mess up Everyday is Like Sunday like that.

I really like his version of Jack The Ripper

"Everyday is like Sunday" is also the one song I skip from that EP-Jack ths ripper is such a fabulous song that it's almost impossible to make a bad version of it.

oh
wait...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFdUvTnt36E :eek:

I also like his version of I've changed my plea to guilty

I'm still waiting for my copy,but I liked what I heard :thumb:

I have listened a couple more times, and I am not sure about the album.The mixing of one song into another kind of annoys me, and they seem to have become a lot louder and heavier ( well for them) ,its almost like this is their metal album.

This is their best album so far. Stunningly good. And I was iffy about a possibly plodding and hubristic concept album.

I haven't heard much of their new album, but 'The Crane Wife' and 'Picaresque' were both great. They have a good sound and Colin Meloy's voice is really unusual. I'm not a huge fan of his Morrissey covers (although I must admit I haven't heard all of them), but each to their own.

I confess to having put Hazards of Love aside after only a couple of listens. It really didn't grab me. Much prefer Picaresque.

I confess to having put Hazards of Love aside after only a couple of listens. It really didn't grab me. Much prefer Picaresque.

I still haven't listened it yet (someone borrowed it from local library), but listening 'Casterways and Cutouts' 'Picaresque' and 'Crane Wife' recently.

Really looking forward to see their live in November. :)

Bump

Decemberists will be on BBC 2 Later with Jools Holland tonight (and Friday)!

I'm going to see them on Wednesday. :)

As someone who has seen them playing the Hazards of Love live let me just say it may be the best concert experience I have seen. The album truly takes on epic proportions when played live.

Got back from the gig at The Forum, really enjoyed it.

'The Hazards of Love' isn't my favourite album, but played in live was amazing.
I definitely go to see them again. :)

They're touring in Australia and New Zealand in January 2010, worth seeing them!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom