The Cure - new single to be released

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://idealcopy.american-data.net//Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=602517732377

MUCure-OnlyOneEURO.jpg

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Track Listing
[/FONT]The Only One (Mix 13)
NY Trip
blank.gif

This brand new single is a slice of Cure pop not seen since the late 90's. It is taken from the band's new double album to be released in September called 13. This single will be the first of four collectable singles released prior to the album. All formats will be limited collector's editions.

The Only One comes with a collector's box that will house all 4 of the singles. There will be a separate box for the cds and the 7" vinyl singles.

This Brand New Single is the first of four over the next 4 months. Each comes with a unique single mix and exclusive B-Side.

A good choice for a single. They played it at the last tour. Fantastic song.

is this a song that has a new name? I have several bootlegs from last year and many from this year, and there is no song they played with that name at any of the shows.

The only new and unreleased songs played were "Please Project", "A Boy I Never Knew" and "Don't Say Anything" which is now known as "Freak Show"

I'm guessing it's the song formerly known as Please Project. It's similar in style to Friday, I'm In Love and Mint Car. Lyrically, it's better than those two, but it doesn't rank up there when any of their all time greats. Time will only tell if it will grow on me.

Last edited:
Yes, The only one was known before as Please project. It´s a very good pop song.

It's much better than Mint Car of Friday, I'm In Love. But I think every pop song he tries to write, he tries to sound like Just Like Heaven.

Wow, great news - I'm in the mood for a new cure single. Will pop over to their site to check it out.

That story was quite touching actually. Thanks.

I met him that same year, 1996. Really nice guy.

Just seen a video of this track on YouTube, sounds pretty cool. Might buy the album, or borrow it off my mate who is a Cure obsessive!

Love PTxx.

slight update to the single release:

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=31712_0_2_0_C

The Cure are scheduled to release a new double album called "13" on September 13, 2008. Prior to that, 4 singles will be released, each in two formats and featuring a unique single mix and exclusive B-Side. The first single, "The Only One", comes with a collector's box that will house all 4 of the singles. The second single will be "Freakshow", to be released on June 14. There will be a separate box to hold the CDs and the 7" vinyl singles. Each single is due on the 13th of the next four months (May, June, July and August), all formats will be limited collectors editions.

I'm confused...as Robert says there is no special box with the single on the cure site.

A FEW OF THE MORE IRRITATING FALSEHOODS FLOATING AROUND...

1)
"THERE IS A "SPECIAL VERSION" OF THE FIRST CD SINGLE "THE ONLY ONE""

NO THERE ISN'T
ANYONE THAT OFFERS OR CLAIMS ANY KIND OF "SPECIAL" VERSION OF THE FIRST SINGLE - WITH A BOX OR A FREE HOLIDAY OR WHATEVER - IS EITHER LYING OR STUPID
OR BOTH

2)
"THERE IS NO USA VERSION OF THE FIRST CD SINGLE "THE ONLY ONE""

YES THERE IS
ITS JUST THE MIGHTY UNIVERSAL CANT GET IT TOGETHER TO EITHER
A) GET AMAZON ETC TO LIST IT
OR
B) GET IT OUT ON THE 13TH... IT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT $2.99 (OR THEREABOUTS) FROM MAY 20TH

APPARENTLY "NO-ONE BUYS CD'S ANYMORE"...
UNSURPRISING IF THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE EH?!!

3)
"X,Y OR Z HAVE 'EXCLUSIVE X,Y OR Z' REGARDING THE FIRST CD SINGLE "THE ONLY ONE""

NO THEY DON'T
IT WILL BE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE
IT IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO ANY RETAILER

AND...

NO...
THATS IT FOR NOW!

BUT I AM SURE I WILL BE BACK..

RSX

Comments (159)

The second of the four upcoming singles

MUCure-FreakShowEURO.jpg

1. Freakshow (Mix 13)