The brand new Morrissey album; what (exactly) do we know about it?

For some reason I have a strange feeling that it is some sort of concept album...
Which would be quite nice if it was!

Re: Years of Refusal Tracklist

Possibel release 15th September...

Action Man (Morrissey/Whyte)

Teresa, Teresa (Morrissey/Whyte)

When I Was Young (Morrissey/Whyte)

When Last I Spoke To Carol (Morrissey/Whyte)

You Were Good In Your Time (Morrissey/Whyte)

Because Of My Poor Education (Morrissey/Whyte)

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me (Morrissey/Whyte)

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore (Morrissey/Whyte)

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed (Morrissey/Whyte)

Something Is Squeezing My Skull (Morrissey/Whyte)

I'm Looking Forward To Going Back (Morrissey/Whyte)

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (Morrissey/Boorer)

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell (Morrissey/Boorer)

Judging by the sound of what we have heard so far should be a good album :)

Love PTxx.
Hopefully this is true. :)

Actually wasn't there a list a couple of months ago of sing names and all of them are on that list. Maybe someone just made a list with them and the songs that we know will be on it. I did think it was a little soon.

There was also the rumor (maybe it was a joke) of a possible album title:

"Don't Shoot the Messenger"

I'm hoping it's true. :D

If anyone's interested:
"Don't Shoot The Messenger" is the title of an EP from 'Puscifer', a solo-project from the 'Tool'-singer Maynard James Keenan.

Apologies if this is old news but according to play.com the release date for the album is 8 September. They also say there's a new special edition of YATQ released on 7 July (it may just be a re-release of the last special edition of course!).

Apologies if this is old news but according to play.com the release date for the album is 8 September. They also say there's a new special edition of YATQ released on 7 July (it may just be a re-release of the last special edition of course!).

play.com is very imcompetant to put wrong infomation.
Southpaw Grammar will be re-released on 7th July 2008 re-mastered with added unreleased tracks.

We have to wait for official announcement of Years of Refusal release date.

Last edited:
"Children In Pieces" doesn't seem to be listed on the Warners site, does it? I'm not sure why, but I suppose it opens up the possibility that there may be other songs completed that have not, for whatever reason, yet been registered.

"Children In Pieces" doesn't seem to be listed on the Warners site, does it? I'm not sure why, but I suppose it opens up the possibility that there may be other songs completed that have not, for whatever reason, yet been registered.

that's a good point. fairly recently on the drummer or bass player's web log, it said that they had just recorded a song which was new to the band or they'd hardly heard before, so I reckon there could be a few unfamiliar song-titles when we finally get the official tracklisting...

Re: Years of Refusal Tracklist

Possibel release 15th September...

Action Man (Morrissey/Whyte)

Teresa, Teresa (Morrissey/Whyte)

When I Was Young (Morrissey/Whyte)

When Last I Spoke To Carol (Morrissey/Whyte)

You Were Good In Your Time (Morrissey/Whyte)

Because Of My Poor Education (Morrissey/Whyte)

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me (Morrissey/Whyte)

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore (Morrissey/Whyte)

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed (Morrissey/Whyte)

Something Is Squeezing My Skull (Morrissey/Whyte)

I'm Looking Forward To Going Back (Morrissey/Whyte)

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (Morrissey/Boorer)

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell (Morrissey/Boorer)

Judging by the sound of what we have heard so far should be a good album :)

Love PTxx.

I'm longing to see a Morrissey song called Action Man or I'm Looking Forward to Going Back released as a single. The latter seems like a quintessential Morrissey tongue-in-cheek title.

Cheers,
Jamie

that's a good point. fairly recently on the drummer or bass player's web log, it said that they had just recorded a song which was new to the band or they'd hardly heard before, so I reckon there could be a few unfamiliar song-titles when we finally get the official tracklisting...

Weren't they supposed to be doing a(n Alain?) song called "The Longer I Live" at around the same time they recorded "That's How People Grow Up"? I can't remember if this was ever confirmed or just a rumour...

I really really hope this is true because the 8th September is my birthday!!

Years Of Refusal Album Cover...

Does ANYBODY from the 'inside' or anything know what the possible ideas for the album cover and artwork will be for Y.O.R in September???

Thanks!

Tags
morrissey album cover new album
Back
Top Bottom