Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

The greatest post in this asylum ever. If anything doesn't make you crazy delusional sociopaths thousands of miles away from Moz Angeles wake up or give up, nothing will.

Nah, it just makes everyone think what a couple of dick heads you and Aztec are. There are plenty of people round here who went to school or Stretford College who can give a great account of what Morrissey was like.

I wonder if the return of Alain will see the return of more 90's songs to the setlist? Morrissey seems to have been avoiding a huge slew of tracks from this period in recent years.

Top of my head, in the last 5 years

Ripper
Sunny
Trouble
Fatty
Seasick
Glamorous
Now My Heart
Speedway
Hold onto Your Friends
Plea To Guilty
Boxers
Let the Right One
November
Alma
Reader Meet Author
Certain People
Satan
At Amber
Have A-Go Merch
Why Don’t You Find Out
Hated for Loving

80,s, same period -

Suedehead
Sunday
Cliche
Break up The Family
Hairdresser
Will Never M
Playboys
Ouija
Yes I Am Blind

happy to be corrected

Sadly, it’s a severe mental illness that has developed new symptoms after years without treatment.

Hang in there, I’m sure you’ll find
a cure one day to treat your illness.

I don't want to disillusion you, but none of those that you listed are strong songs. They're the opposite of strong: not strong. Jesse isn't a strong songwriter and he isn't a strong guitar-player. Your taste in songs isn't strong.

Woh, you're right. You really have disillusioned me. I'm going to renounce all of my musical opinions, throw away the hundreds of songs I've written and knowledge about songwriting I've acquired over decades, and take a good long look in the mirror.

I bet he plays a bunch from dog as he hasn’t exactly got to tour it really

I’m hoping he plays some from CS he hasn’t played yet. Though over anything else, I’d rather hear some Bonfire songs.

Top of my head, in the last 5 years

Ripper
Sunny
Trouble
Fatty
Seasick
Glamorous
Now My Heart
Speedway
Hold onto Your Friends
Plea To Guilty
Boxers
Let the Right One
November
Alma
Reader Meet Author
Certain People
Satan
At Amber
Have A-Go Merch
Why Don’t You Find Out
Hated for Loving

80,s, same period -

Suedehead
Sunday
Cliche
Break up The Family
Hairdresser
Will Never M
Playboys
Ouija
Yes I Am Blind

happy to be corrected

Would be great to have a set without
hits, Everyday is like... to Last of the gang. And if he must do a Smiths song, then one we haven’t heard live yet by him or The Smiths.

Would be wild to hear a set made up of songs we haven’t heard live yet, he has enough of them.
I know, keep dreaming.

I'm hoping for 'Hairdresser on Fire'. For added drama, both Jesse and Alain attempt to play the solo at the end, and have a huge onstage fight over who gets to play lead guitar. Full-on, rolling around the stage wrestling, hair-pulling, biting each other's ears - that sort of thing. That would pep up the live set no end.

I think over the past 5 years the 1988-97 solo songs performed would be something like:

Everyday is Like Sunday
Break Up the Family
Dial-a-Cliche
Suedehead
Hairdresser on Fire

The Last of the Famous International Playboys
At Amber
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Yes, I Am Blind
November Spawned a Monster

I've Changed My Plea to Guilty

Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Glamorous Glue
You're the One for Me, Fatty
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Jack the Ripper

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Speedway
I Am Hated for Loving
Hold On to Your Friends
Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself

Sunny
Have-a-Go Merchant
Reader Meet Author

Alma Matters
Satan Rejected My Soul
Trouble Loves Me
It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small

Not bad and certainly a lot more deep cuts than most singers of his era perform.

Last edited:
I've always been slightly curious regarding this 'musical director' role regarding Boz - it sounds like such an inflated title. Most bands don't seem to need one - learning the songs on the set list and making sure they all sound tight and are playing in the same key etc is just what bands do anyway. There was no mention of this role until after Alain was booted out the first time. It's very strangean artist like Morrissey’s case, lots of artists that sometimes incorporate other commonly “non rock” music instruments such as horns or woodwinds

Lots of bands on the touring level of Morrissey have a musical director in the band. Often times this happens when there is a need for other instruments that are typically not the traditional drums,bass,keyboards,and guitar for rock. For example the great 60’s songwriter Brian Wilson of Beach boys fane has a musical director in his band. His director is responsible for teaching any of the non rock instrument parts like horns and stringed instruments arrangements to the extra non rock musicians. And also in the case of Morrissey he doesn’t really play any instruments at a proficient pro level so an artist like him will delegate someone else in the band to make sure they teach any new members specific arrangements to new songs inserted into the set list that not everyone in the band may be 100% comfortable playing yet.

But I seriously don't see any obvious quality (or stylistic) difference in those Tobias songs to the rest of Morrissey's solo material.
We did it. We found it. After 24 years of this toilet of a website operating, it’s here at last. The absolute worst thing ever posted on Morrissey-Solo.com.

I was so glad to see Morrissey's stated excitement over Alain's new songs (and praise for the old ones.)
No time to go through 19 pages of posts, but what's the situation with Boz exactly?

I was so glad to see Morrissey's stated excitement over Alain's new songs (and praise for the old ones.)
No time to go through 19 pages of posts, but what's the situation with Boz exactly?
Mere speculation. Nobody knows. Boz himself hasn’t said anything.

We did it. We found it. After 24 years of this toilet of a website operating, it’s here at last. The absolute worst thing ever posted on Morrissey-Solo.com.
Can someone kindly flush this turd away

IANADOAC is not a masterpiece, but was surprisingly good, especially after the albums that came before it. I think it’s the most consistently good album since You Are The Quarry. Even the cover art has grown on me.
I agree absolutely alive IANADOAC VIVA MORRISSEY :hearteyes: :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:(y)

I THINK MOZ SHOULD EXPLAIN US WHAT HAPPENED TO BOZ, AND THAT HIS SILENCE IS BECAUSE OF HAVING TALKED WITH BOZ AND THAT HE HAS ASKED MOZ TO KEEP SILENT

Viva

Attachments

• 2EF1DA40-9382-4581-8146-6027C5FABFD8.jpeg
    2EF1DA40-9382-4581-8146-6027C5FABFD8.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 0

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom