Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

I can't keep up with all of the different Covid rules in all the different countries, but wasn't there something in the news about the US not accepting the AZ vaccine for entry to foreign travellers or something? Boz is the only UK based musician right, and sure was vaxed with AZ since he's over 40.

Hopefully Jesse can show Alain how to play the power chord version of This Charming Man :guitar:

I've said something similar before but this a clear road map for Johnny Marr. Alain contact Morrissey without ego. He said he regretted how they'd partied ways. Told Morrissey that he remains the greatest lyricist and collaborator and that he'd love to work with him again. Morrissey suggested he submit some demos and then based on the quality of those demos he offered him the opportunity to join his current band.
Johnny has been prepared to join existing bands in the past. If Johnny was able to put his ego to one side he could do the same as Alain.
Although I'd also like it to, there really is absolutely zero chance of this happening. 10 years ago, yes - Morrissey hadn't started championing the far right and Marr's solo career was virtually non-existent, and he was floating around as an extra member of various not-very-good indie bands. But he's now done so well by himself (and Morrissey's lost so many fans) that his last album was a much bigger commercial and critical success than Morrissey's (in the UK at least) and his songs were even played more on the radio.
The politics of the far right are absolute anathema to someone like Marr, and to most people in the so-called 'indie' world and, arguably, most decent people, generally. Marr hates Farage, UKIP, For Britain etc. - not only does Morrissey not hate them, he's gone out of his way to endorse or defend them.
A reluctance to work with Morrissey these days is nothing to do with Marr's ego. He probably feels that Morrissey's views are now repugnant, and Marr would be tainted if he had anything to do with him.
Of course, we all know that Morrissey isn't a genuine and consistent far-right supporter - he's just completely muddled when it comes to politics. But his support/encouragement/defence of Farage, Waters, Robinson etc. just looks awful.

Poor Alain... Having had to sing every single song as to get there again!!!

Laughing, but in a tender way.

The mess we make when we love someone or something...
(I know who will be face palming as soon as she reads my ideas, but.... I believe in these things).

It's good... Sometimes it has to be like that.

I’m willing to die on the hill that the band’s version of Charming Man is good fun. You want to hear the original copied, plenty of tribute bands do impeccable copies.

Although I'd also like it to, there really is absolutely zero chance of this happening. 10 years ago, yes - Morrissey hadn't started championing the far right and Marr's solo career was virtually non-existent, and he was floating around as an extra member of various not-very-good indie bands. But he's now done so well by himself (and Morrissey's lost so many fans) that his last album was a much bigger commercial and critical success than Morrissey's (in the UK at least) and his songs were even played more on the radio.
The politics of the far right are absolute anathema to someone like Marr, and to most people in the so-called 'indie' world and, arguably, most decent people, generally. Marr hates Farage, UKIP, For Britain etc. - not only does Morrissey not hate them, he's gone out of his way to endorse or defend them.
A reluctance to work with Morrissey these days is nothing to do with Marr's ego. He probably feels that Morrissey's views are now repugnant, and Marr would be tainted if he had anything to do with him.
Of course, we all know that Morrissey isn't a genuine and consistent far-right supporter - he's just completely muddled when it comes to politics. But his support/encouragement/defence of Farage, Waters, Robinson etc. just looks awful.
Which is a blessing sent from above.
Smiths is dead, and does not need to be resurrected in any form.

Didn't Solomon walk off the tour in 2014, forcing Mando to be "air-dropped in" on very short notice?
Yes.. it was so sudden that the first handful of shows with Lopez on bass he had sheet music on stage.

I bet Jesse has had to bite his tongue. He's been so rude and bitchy at Alain during the first year of the pandemic and very vocal on twitter.
Take that bitch.

Curious about Matt ,seems to me he's been unhappy with Moz for a while, however not playing in Vegas doesn't mean anything.
Yes . This is top news

The two worst things to happen to M , apart from the innerweb, are Sam and Jesse .
No doubt about it . Hopefully the music will get back to English centered rather than this daft Mexican trash .

There are no transexuals or black people in this line-up. I condemn it utterly. :angry:

So "normal, decent people" aren't shocked, worried, disgusted by terrorism or grooming gangs or increased ethnic violence in our towns and cities? BS.

Alain playing in the live band again. Or Alain playing in the live band with Jesse and not Boz. After nearly 20 years out of the live band, I don't know which is the weirder development.

This would strongly suggest that Alain would play on any future studio tracks that bear his co-write - and possibly suggests that he has been involved in some of the new (Bonfire) recordings. I would expect that Jesse will take lead on any tracks Alain either didn't write or previously hadn't handled the lead work on. Probably depends on how heavy the set list is leaning on older vs. newer material.

right. I’m curious to see if he did have a hand in bonfire as the geography would be right I think and it’s strange to think he’ll be playing new songs soon. As long as he plays the new album at Vegas. Wondering if any old songs might get an outing with Alain back on stage. The old combo might bring back some old memories to be revived and refelt on stage

You enjoy the idea he looks awful - that's why you keep bringing it up.

The industry couldn't give a f*** about politics - it's his total hostility to marketing that's the issue.

You enjoy the idea he looks awful - that's why you keep bringing it up.

The industry couldn't give a f*** about politics - it's his total hostility to marketing that's the issue.
Why do you think he looks awful? He’s not a young man any more.

That's a great band. Wish them the best in the future.

Boz, Mando and Matt Walker will always be in our hearts.

Indeed. And how on earth was Forgive Someone omitted from the standard version of World Peace?
Absolute shambles. That album could so easily have been great.

View attachment 74338

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Are the eyes the mirror of the soul?
Not that I was looking for it, but something in the back of my head (the unconscious mind?) made me realize that Morrissey's eyes looked different in Sterling's photos. Paying attention, I noticed them softer. Paying even more attention, I noticed they look softer, not so icy, because the pupils are more dilated. I found it curious, maybe it's a sign of the affection they have for each other.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom