The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I still disagree and the fact that recent biopics about gay artists that didn't shy away from portraying their sexuality were huge successes (whether they're "good" or not is another discussion) kind of contradicts your assertion.

Liberace was a satire by a respected director. Bohemian Rhapsody is very tame, Rocket Man was cut for some markets & both had the music & backing of their subjects.

England is about a teenager, had none of the music, wasn't official & its director has very few credits.

But, anything's possible...

Talking to a guy in a brown jacket. Timetraveller Moz is wearing a blazer and holding the lyrics to Now I Am A Was in his hand. Upper left of picture. How could you miss him? Clear as day. Mid life Moz fell out of the Tardis and landed in Shuddersfield, desperately trying to stop a platoon of Dalek from exterminating the crowd.
ACTON (anonymously logged out on a different phone).

Yep. Spotted him gay away, Acton. I have never watched the Doctor, but he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Have you read 11/22/63? I think Morrissey is looking for Lee Harvey Oswald, except Lee's a custodian from Croydon and Morrissey is too "intellectual" to ask for his phone number. So he has to go back to that '81 gay pride again and again, as of course he fails every time.

As the time portal is situated in his ma's kitchen, it creates awkward situations sometimes...

"-STEVEN! What are you doing in my oven?!? *
- Nothing, Ma, just checking those bums, er buns. I'll be back for tea."

(* super Freudian, innit)

I'd love Morrissey to be straight, 30 years younger & a regular at my local.

But we can't always get what we want.**

**to clarify it's because I'd be a rat up a drain pipe & not because I think gay men should be straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair - if the producer says he would have made a gay film if Morrissey didn't threaten to sue then that's his story & I'll just raise an eyebrow to it 🤨🤨🤨.

I'd love Morrissey to be straight, 30 years younger & a regular at my local.

But we can't always get what we want.**

**to clarify it's because I'd be a rat up a drain pipe & not because I think gay men should be straight.
Straight Morrissey wouldn't really be Morrissey though, right?

He mentioned in Autobiography having bad experiences (and disinterest) with girls (around 13 or so?), and he said in The Observer (December 1992) that he had sex with a man in 1982, so relatively close to this time. You don't have to be "mentally mature" to be sexually active lol

I think he said, "a physical encounter ...a brief, absurd, amusing moment." Typically vague and in Moz terms, could mean absolutely anything - from sex to a snog in a corridor. Some of his claims are just hard to believe.

It's so bleak, isn't it?

Well, I wouldn’t put too much trust in Rogan’s book. Though as a book of fiction it’s alright.

And about EiM Morrissey’ sister said ....

"Mark Gill's England is Mine is a lie.

This is not our family or how we lived.

It is an OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.

He has made a shambles of a glorious opportunity."

-Jacqueline Morrissey
September 5, 2017.

Well, I wouldn’t put too much trust in Rogan’s book.

And about EiM Morrissey’ sister said ....

"Mark Gill's England is Mine is a lie.

This is not our family or how we lived.

It is an OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.

He has made a shambles of a glorious opportunity."

-Jacqueline Morrissey
September 5, 2017.
I don't blindly trust it but I doubt he faked all the interviews he did with former school friends of Morrissey.

Gazing at Count Quiffula from an admittedly long telescope it seems rather obvious that he is so fiercely independent that the second he realizes there's a banner over his head, he runs like the wind.

No movement could quite capture all the nuances of his personality so he realizes that virtually all labels are useless.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom