The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the reactions, I can say I don’t blame him... this only makes me very happy to have open LGBTQ artists in my generation are successful and have impactful representation.

George Michael came out and his career never suffered from it. He was still a bad singing mother f***er even after.

George Michael came out and his career never suffered from it. He was still a bad singing mother f***er even after.

In the states (where I’m from), his career drastically took an nose dive here but he’s still considered an respectful icon in music tbh but thankfully their somewhat more tolerable through the years with Legend Samuel Frederick Smith still continuing their success and Lil Nas X being a black gay rapper sensation

and please don’t disrespect Mr. Michael...RIP

That man is 100 percent gay I don’t know why he denies it you can see it in his mannerisms, body language and his music lyrics. Maybe he feels he would lose fans if he did, or he wouldn’t get the adulation he gets from fans who are straight men that he loves receiving, who knows? I’d actually respect him more if he came out and said it, but I guess he wants to ride that Oscar Wilde denial to the end.

He has never really been in denial - just played with words, built up the 'public image', maybe struggled with it for a bit. He has presented as bisexual for his whole career - in '81 he had a girlfriend (Annalisa Jablonska) and told his penpal they were both bi. Years later, when Julie Burchill asked if he was gay, he said, "I haven't made up my mind yet." I don't think he was lying - maybe, like lots of bisexual people, he does not like this weird pressure to choose a team.

I'm trying to explain to myself, I can have both
I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
I can have both, I can have both
There's nobody around to say no
Who've brainwashed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know, he can have both.

Last edited:
In the states (where I’m from), his career drastically took an nose dive here but he’s still considered an respectful icon in music tbh but thankfully their somewhat more tolerable through the years with Legend Samuel Frederick Smith still continuing their success and Lil Nas X being a black gay rapper being an sensation

and please don’t disrespect Mr. Michael...RIP
That’s not disrespecting him you misread what I said when I said he he was bad singing mother f***er that means he was f***ing great. He had an incredible voice and I never viewed him any less when he came out as gay, he was still a great singer.

That’s not disrespecting him you misread what I said when I said he he was bad singing mother f***er that means he was f***ing great. He had an incredible voice and I never viewed him any less when he came out as gay, he was still a great singer.

Good, and thanks for clarifying that comment and sorry... I’m a little on guard since theirs a lot of rude assholes on this site.

Last edited:
Good, and thanks for clarifying that comment and sorry... I’m a little on guard since theirs a lot of rude assholes on this site.
No no don’t get me wrong I am one of those rude f***ers but I give credit where credit is due and I call it like I see it. I don’t sugar coat shit either and that upsets a lot people on here because it doesn’t go along with they’re fantasy world of Morrissey on the pedestal.

It's Moz for sure. Feels weird cos I'm on book 2 '1977' of David Peace's 'Red Riding Quartet' and it mentions Huddersfield and the bleak hills, and there it is with Moz.

:rolleyes:

🤒

S, dont let you babushka get all out of whack.:lbf:

Wonderful find.

And not a Wonderful Woman in sight, or even Maker, thought at least he’d bring a close friend. Or did he even try to keep them in the dark? Or maybe he just wanted to do it alone.

🤒

Moz would never set foot in Huddersfield FFS:blushing:
nurtures nothing but twats.:blushing:

Your right with the rude assholes part.... what you will quickly learn on here is , when a thread like this (sexuality) or anything to do with race, then it brings out the worst of so called morrissey fans .... they think they have the right to use this site for their own convenience, to try and argue their own agendas..... I think you’ve probably worked this, them out by now.... some truly lovely, kind people on here but the place is now over run with “ I f***ing hate morrissey” VIVA MORRISSEY.... VIVA HUDDERSFIELD ......

I think he was there alone. He looks fantastic. I've always loved that photo with the Motels from 81. I loved them for 5 minutes when their first album came out. My favorite album cover still. She lost her way after Motels. Mozz is still as cool as a garden cucumber.

Your right with the rude assholes part.... what you will quickly learn on here is , when a thread like this (sexuality) or anything to do with race, then it brings out the worst of so called morrissey fans .... they think they have the right to use this site for their own convenience, to try and argue their own agendas..... I think you’ve probably worked this, them out by now.... some truly lovely, kind people on here but the place is now over run with “ I f***ing hate morrissey” VIVA MORRISSEY.... VIVA HUDDERSFIELD ......

I've stalked this site from time to time and just read for kii's but I already knew the full intensity in this site before joining.

Thx for the tip tho

and I'm one of the these people, sorry not sorry...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom