"That's How People Grow Up" is the new single

Bournemoz

It will be released late January/early February, to promote the Greatest Hits lp.

Kristeen Young's vocals feature at the start of the track.

I cannot confirm the second new track on the hits disc.

I am certain Polydor will confirm the single and album details very shortly.

I work in the radio industry and have very close contacts with record companies and so on.

If this is true it's definitely the right choice, best of the new bunch by a mile...

"So yes, there are things worse in life than never... being... someone's... sweetie!"

Good choice.

Thanks for the skinny on that. It's a fine choice for a single -- very much looking forward to the studio version. Will Kristeen be brought in to redo the vocals or will they use an existing recording? Hmmm.

And will it be Finn producing? And what kind of cover will it have? And, and...and (passes out).

I'm just suprised they haven't gone back in and remixed Kristeen's vocal line out after she got the sack from the tour...

Happy to hear this.

Although I think All You Need Is Me is stronger and would be a very appropriate release given recent events...

Can't see Kirsteen being asked back to re-record her "wailing intro" though....

I liked her "wailing". I think it adds something unique to the song.

The very beginning of her vocal sounds like some kind of war cry. Is that an influence from her Apache lineage? This has probably been brought up on Kristeen sites etc. etc. didn't have time to check.

And wiki says the track has already been recorded in TX. Is that info right? Look forward to the b-sides.

probably my least favorite of the 4 new tracks, but this is good in a way, means it won't be put on the new album!

By the way, when was the last time there was a Morrissey single that preceded an album (assuming "That's How..." is on the album)?

As for non-album singles, not including "Redondo Beach/There Is A Light..." I guess "Sunny" was the last such release?

That's How People Grow Up is one of the most hackneyed things Morrissey has written and produced with the band. It's a bad choice. The maturity of the song's potential is wasted on some truly awful lyrics. All You Need Is Me on the other hand...

Of course this is all speculation.

By the way, when was the last time there was a Morrissey single that preceded an album (assuming "That's How..." is on the album)?

If That's How People Grow Up is going to be a single now then it will also be on the Greatest Hits-package and it won't be on the new studio album.

It will be interesting to see where the other 3 new songs end up.
One of them will be on the Greatest Hits also, and the other 2 could well be b-sides to That's How People Grow Up...

It will be released late January/early February, to promote the Greatest Hits lp.

Kristeen Young's vocals feature at the start of the track.

I cannot confirm the second new track on the hits disc.

I am certain Polydor will confirm the single and album details very shortly.

I work in the radio industry and have very close contacts with record companies and so on.

The other new song is 'one day goodbye...' if the tracklist posted here several weeks ago is to be believed...

One of the criticisms that NME levelled at Morrissey was that the spokesman for his generatrion had become an increasingly out of touch man in his 50's.
Unfortunately, the lyric about ‘never being anyone’s sweetie’ just adds weight to this criticsm. It’s a shame as I think it’s a pretty strong single otherwise…

Call me selfish, but I'm hoping that the four new songs all end up being used as non-album singles or b-sides to as-yet-unheard songs. I've heard them so many times, I have good recordings of each of them, I want more new songs.

Thanks for the skinny on that. It's a fine choice for a single -- very much looking forward to the studio version. Will Kristeen be brought in to redo the vocals or will they use an existing recording? Hmmm.

And will it be Finn producing? And what kind of cover will it have? And, and...and (passes out).

It has already been recorded. That info came through when the band was touring the States, I believe they recorded it in Texas. I believe Finn already was the producer for the track.

I suspect they leave Kristeen's vocals in. He had to fire her because you cannot say what she said with his sister and nephew backstage before the show and in the crowd. I don't think he hates her, it was just business.

Well, that would make sense, since it's the worst of the new songs by a country mile, continuing in a long-standing Morrissey tradition of picking the dross for the singles.

Back
Top Bottom