That's How People Grow Up - A chart update

Bournemoz

According to havenforum.co.uk Morrissey is "comfortably" #1 in physical sales of the single.

It's the downloads which are pegging him back.

I bought my copy off iTunes.

Come on people, buy it!!! Maybe I'm preaching to the converted here but when you look at some of the dross in the Top 10 at the moment, an artist of such high quality as Moz should be strolling into it.

In fact, it beggars belief that the man's never had a #1 single. Astounding.

Does anyone know if there is any way for US purchases to count? Maybe I should PayPal somebody in the UK some money to download it for me. Anyone willing to do this?

I'm doing what I can what I can to make him #1 in Sweden, so far his best is #4.

:guitar:

Does anyone know if there is any way for US purchases to count? Maybe I should PayPal somebody in the UK some money to download it for me. Anyone willing to do this?

Last winter there was a campaign to get Pigsty in the charts by having as many people as possible download it as many times as possible during a particular week. Sadly, it didn't work. :tears: But a few people in the UK did exactly what you are talking about - they downloaded on behalf of non-UK folks who paid them for the downloads via Paypal. So it's very possible but I don't know how much it would help. I think there might have been some rules against 1 person downloading multiple times and having it count on the charts.

I bought 2 copys. One cd with him in the swimming pool on the cover. And one vinyl which i did the following with....

framedhx1.jpg

now to find a space on the wall...

Re: That's How People Grow Up enters the UK Chart at #14

should have been higher

the kiddies that influence these charts are a bunch of c***s

Bloody hell look at the top 10! It's not company I'd want to be put with :sick:

Higher than I thought it would chart.

Well done Moz!

Now just release All You Need Is Me! That's gotta be Top 10 for sure!

Well i've downloaded four times and I'm broke.

We need a stinking rich person to download in the thousands.Any rich people on here per chance??:p

yeah, not a bad position. has he ever had a no. 14 before?
with a better song and a new b-side he could easily have gone top 10.
first Moz single I've not bothered buying since Boy Racer.
should guarantee that the Greatest Hits goes top 10...

Well i've downloaded four times and I'm broke.

We need a stinking rich person to download in the thousands.Any rich people on here per chance??:p

we could all ask for donations from members, and next time he releases a single, we can use that money for downloads?

hopefully Moz wouldn't find out.

should have been higher

the kiddies that influence these charts are a bunch of c***s

Ojspicer, this is the worst comment I have ever seen on this website.:mad:
Were you not 'a kiddie' once? The kiddies that buy music today are no different than the kiddies who bought music ten, twenty, thirty and forty years ago.

My teenage daughters buy music that they like, either downloading it or buying it from HMV or wherever. Doesn't make them c***s, just makes then teenage girls buying the kind of music they like. You are a twat. The singles charts have always been influenced by 'kiddies' buying their favourite single, yet the album charts was for the 'adults'.
Grow up.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom