Ten favourite Morrissey/Whyte songs

I want to get in a time machine! The first thing I would do is fire a bunch of people who worked with me on Eric Claptons comeback tour. I mean, I would f*** them up so hard.

Yeah me too, it’s either that or stop Hitler, it’s a difficult choice.

;)

Unless my eyes deceive me, this is the first list to include Nobody Loves Us? Surprising. :unsure:

Nobody Loves Us
A Swallow On My Neck
Glamorous Glue
The National Front Disco
First of the Gang To Die
I Am Hated For Loving
Seasick Yet Still Docked
Sunny
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Southpaw
Whoops - I somehow forgot despite that being one of my favourite all-time Morrissey songs!
Have edited...

I honestly thought Boxers was a given among certain fans. Ambitious Outsiders I know is far from one universally loved, but I love it. It’s Scott 4 era Scott Walker, almost. Agree on Carol!
I do like Boxers - it's possibly my favourite ever song about underwear.
But not quite in my Morrissey/Whyte top 10...

Why the hell did I always think that « Whatever happens, I love you » was a Boz Boorer song?

Why the hell did I always think that « Whatever happens, I love you » was a Boz Boorer song?

Me too. Maybe because Boz writes
the weirder numbers and of course
the great clarinet (?) lines really add to it.

Probably the wild clarinet flourishes - he rarely seemed to play woodwinds on songs that weren't his own. The other notable exceptions I can think of are Wide To Receive and It's Not Your Birthday Anymore - and Human Being as far as covers go.

You're expecting to hear new Morrissey/Whyte compositions from an album that hasn't even been sniffed at yet? As a Morrissey fan this optimism does not fit well, but I like it.

Fantastic Bird
Nobody Loves Us
Southpaw
Glamorous Glue
I Am Hated For Loving
Used To Be A Sweet Turkey
Irish Blood, English Heart
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
Sunny

You're expecting to hear new Morrissey/Whyte compositions from an album that hasn't even been sniffed at yet? As a Morrissey fan this optimism does not fit well, but I like it.
Well, not exactly 'expecting'.
I did say, 'There's a chance (if only a small one)'.
It is pretty unlikely especially if Alain didn't write any Bonfire songs as we've been led to believe.
Still, we'll find out soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom