tell us about the last Film you saw

22CAEAE3-9E42-45F5-9F53-D4FB1961B155.jpeg

I just watched German War Film- Die Brucke (The Bridge) 1959. I'm still recovering.
It's an amazing film. I'm not very good at synopsizes, but I recommend you all watch it... if you can tolerate subtitles.

The bridge con'd

Yeah I seen this and it's a good one.
Them kids had gristle. To bad they wasted it defendin' the stinkin' Nazi's.
Ya got folks all across the globe who think the most heroic thing they can do in life is fight in a war.
Most of the time they just end up bein' pawns for the wicked.

Manhee (Kim Minhee) inquires of Claire (Isabelle Huppert), "Why do you take pictures?"
Claire reflects and responds, "Because the only way to change things is to look at them again very slowly."
Manhee can appreciate this type of thinkin', as she tries to find some understandin' of why she was recently dismissed from a position.
Isabelle Huppert is highly regarded in The Wild Turkey Community and just watchin' her walk around Cannes is all the reason ya need to watch this one.

watched the first part and kinda started to like it in the second half. patriarchal religions are based on brutality and this story shows what would happen to women if western societies were turned into theocracies governed by religious nuts like the jihadist islamic state, for example, or a revived puritanism.

watched the first part and kinda started to like it in the second half. patriarchal religions are based on brutality and this story shows what would happen to women if western societies were turned into theocracies governed by religious nuts like the jihadist islamic state, for example, or a revived puritanism.

I read the Margaret Atwood book while in school and really liked it. I finally have access to the series and am looking forward to it

Young-Hee (Kim Min-Hee) is an actress recoverin' emotionally and professionally from an affair she had with the director of her last film, who was also a married man.
She stands outside a small cafe and sings to herself, "Are you doing well? Do you live happily? Can you see my heart? Why has my mind fallen into this state?"
A subtext to this picture is that Kim Min-Hee had a real life affair with the director of this picture, Hong Sang-Soo, while they worked on an earlier picture Right Now, Wrong Then.
This picture has one of my favorite settings, which is a resort area by the sea out of season when no one is around.

you have to tell us whether these movies are good or not @Try Anything Twice , how do i know whether or not ill want to watch it, hmmm?
I can’t imagine that I would post a movie that I didn’t think was, at minimum, watchable. Most are actually quite good. Occasionally one may be exceptional. Perhaps I could create a rating system of 1-4 bunnies for you? 4 bunnies being the best, of course?

I can’t imagine that I would post a movie that I didn’t think was, at minimum, watchable. Most are actually quite good. Occasionally one may be exceptional. Perhaps I could create a rating system of 1-4 bunnies for you? 4 bunnies being the best, of course?
I think that's quite a good idea, actually. it could be the Morrissey rating standard. like the Michelin stars, the Morrissey bunnies. we even have the icons:

:rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface:

look how cute they look all in a row! i hope you wont mind if i say it's your best idea yet, tat!

I think that's quite a good idea, actually. it could be the Morrissey rating standard. like the Michelin stars, the Morrissey bunnies. we even have the icons:

:rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface::rabbitface:

look how cute they look all in a row! i hope you wont mind if i say it's your best idea yet, tat!
I can’t believe I was working on the exact same thing you were! That’s wild!!!

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom