TBWTTIHS Single Version not on CD Single?

Oso Blanco

The Truth Is Out There
Hi everyone,

I finally bought the cd single of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side from eBay, and I was very surprised to find the album version of the title track there instead of the single version. passionsjustlikemine.com says it should be the single version, but it's definitely not.

I'm talking about the original cd single RTT 191CD, "Made in France by MPO". Maybe the "Made in England" version has the single version? Does anybody know?

not too sure I can answer your question BUT would you be willing to upload a lossless rip of the rubber ring and asleep track where they are 'together'? Pretty please!?!

Of course I know how to tell them apart, the differences are not THAT subtle. On the single version (on TWWL), the whole string arrangement is missing!

I noticed that on the re-issue that came out last year, they also put the album version onto the single. I thought it was a mistake, but now that I have the Rough Trade cd single ... I don't know.

Sorry, I thought on the CD Rubber Ring fades into Asleep seamlessly like on the 12" single. My Mistake! Thanks though :)

It does! But it's two seperate tracks on the cd nevertheless! If you burn them on a cd, they will fade into each other as on the 12".

Last edited:
I don't have this anymore to check. I've only kept this single on 12" vinyl because I was offered too much money for the cd-singles. However since nobody else has said their copy was any different to yours, I will make the corrections on PJLM.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Stephane

Thank you Stephane, but the thing that really bothers me is that nobody even cares to comment on this topic. Surely there must be some people here who own said cd single!? I'd really love to know if there are copies out there which have the single version instead of the album version!

Hey Oso, I would check this stuff for you if I could. I have the 12", 7", Rough Trade CD, Rhino CD, etc etc... but I'm moving so everything is in boxes now. Once I have access to my stuff, I'll check.

Oso,

I have the same cd single and the version on my disc is exactly the same as the one included in The Queen Is Dead cd.

Cheers,

I.R.

I'd really love to know if there are copies out there which have the single version instead of the album version!

Thing is, I'm surprised I would have written that down without checking my own copy. It's probably one of those little things that have managed to slip through the cracks.

I don't expect that there are two versions of this. I think only one batch of each of those cd-singles were printed. So if yours has the album version, I expect they all do.

Stephane

Thanks for your replies, it seems that all CDs have the album version ... so I guess I can stop searching for one which has the single version.

Back
Top Bottom