Tan, healthy, Morrissey on US MTV talking about the Royal family. unknown date

The YT details list air date as Summer 1989? It could be.
But equally it could be 1986, going by the hairdo. í thought the schmutter may have been the lovely gold, patterned shawl collar glam number that í maintain was the absolute best thing he ever wore in The Smiths ~

The Smiths Sheila lyrics Smash Hits Apr 1987.jpg

...{although it would have been even more perfect if he'd got it in the right size?}

í know the video looks like it's a green jacket, but that's cos it's a crappy VHS dub, and probably explains the tan too.

Anyway, this may well have been just an excuse to post my favourite Moz Smiths ensemble.

The jewellery may also date it more accurately. He wore that gold ring from '86 to '88, give or take, but í don't recall seeing him double it up with the slim band. Perhaps other big noses may know? Or even care...

But equally it could be 1986, going by the hairdo. í thought the schmutter may have been the lovely gold, patterned shawl collar glam number that í maintain was the absolute best thing he ever wore in The Smiths ~

View attachment 70047

...{although it would have been even more perfect if he'd got it in the right size?}

í know the video looks like it's a green jacket, but that's cos it's a crappy VHS dub, and probably explains the tan too.

Anyway, this may well have been just an excuse to post my favourite Moz Smiths ensemble.

The jewellery may also date it more accurately. He wore that gold ring from '86 to '88, give or take, but í don't recall seeing him double it up with the slim band. Perhaps other big noses may know? Or even care...

was gonna guess during the QIDead u.s tour ?

I reckon it's 86. I reckon 1986 is when he moved back home to Moz Angeles and you can see how healthy and happy he looks after escaping the shitty smiths and being injected with meth and dicrocoelium by Steve Street after he was kidnapped when he went to Brittin with Chrissie Hynde in 1978 chipper curry fek'll c*** tit twat colour fark arse inn n nn nn nnn nnn n nnn it.

View attachment 70047

í always imagine that jacket as a French lesbian's smoking jacket {or even, given the 'fit', a pregnant French lesbian's smoking jacket}.

í am not allowed to imagine such things anymore. Under doctor's orders...

í reckon it would fit Moz perfectly these days {his pregnant French lesbian stage?}

View attachment 70047

Ah, the jim-jams outing. The pictures were taken in February 1987 in Italy at Festival Primavera, probably at some time during the day before they entered the stage.

TheSmithsFebruary1987FestivalPrimavera.jpg

MorrisseyPromo1987JoNovark.jpg

Would you say this is the same jacket? (dazzling, almost psychedelic shirt combination btw...). No idea where or when this was taken, unfortunately. It almost looks like he's got highlights in his hair but that's probably just a trick of the light...

MorrisseyAndyJimJamJacket.jpg

The combination of jewellery I see every day on my living room wall (...I think. It's a very small print.) eternalised in the Stephen Wright Salford Lads Club shot from December 1985.
There aren't many pictures from the US leg of the TQID tour but here's one from 23 August 1986 in Berkeley where he might be wearing the same ring (and a cardigan worth dying for; which is the real reason I wanted to post this).

1986-08-23-Morrissey-Berkeley-BlueCardigan.jpg

So 1986 seems accurate. The tan of course got lost somewhere on the way...

"Yes I have had a tan, actually. I went to Los Angeles recently and got one there, but it didn’t make it back to Britain. It got stopped by customs - You’re not allowed to come through customs with a tan." (I-D, October 1987)

Last edited:
Ah, the jim-jams outing. The pictures were taken in February 1987 in Italy at Festival Primavera, probably at some time during the day before they entered the stage.

View attachment 70054

View attachment 70056

Would you say this is the same jacket? (dazzling, almost psychedelic shirt combination btw...). No idea where or when this was taken, unfortunately. It almost looks like he's got highlights in his hair but that's probably just a trick of the light...

View attachment 70053

The combination of jewellery I see every day on my living room wall (...I think. It's a very small print.) eternalised in the Stephen Wright Salford Lads Club shot form December 1985.
There aren't many pictures from the US leg of the TQID tour but here's one from 23 August 1986 in Berkeley where he might be wearing the same ring (and a cardigan worth dying for; which is the real reason I wanted to post this).

View attachment 70055

So 1986 seems accurate. The tan of course got lost somewhere on the way...

"Yes I have had a tan, actually. I went to Los Angeles recently and got one there, but it didn’t make it back to Britain. It got stopped by customs - You’re not allowed to come through customs with a tan." (I-D, October 1987)

They do have that Luxe PJs look to them. For French lesbians..?

Yes, 1986 American Tan Queen seems about right.

Thank You for all those scrumptious images. Good times?

í seem to remember he did flirt with blonde highlights {or 'streaks' as we called them in our playground} for a spell. And yes, í believe that is the same blazing blazer in that shot with Andy.

Is it Loopy, or could Moz have loved the silk pattern so much that he replicated it on the artwork for "Interesting Drug"... :unsure:

Morrissey interesting drug sleeve design.jpg

They do have that Luxe PJs look to them. For French lesbians..?

Yes, 1986 American Tan Queen seems about right.

Thank You for all those scrumptious images. Good times?

í seem to remember he did flirt with blonde highlights {or 'streaks' as we called them in our playground} for a spell. And yes, í believe that is the same blazing blazer in that shot with Andy.

Is it Loopy, or could Moz have loved the silk pattern so much that he replicated it on the artwork for "Interesting Drug"... :unsure:

View attachment 70065

It is positively Loopy, very much so - mostly the fact that you recognised the pattern - but it is also not completely implausible.

Last edited:
It is positively Loopy, very much so - mostly the fact that you recognised the pattern - but it is also not completely implausible.

PositivelyLoopyButAlsoNotCompletelyImplausible... is my middle-name! {í was a 17 hour labour and my head was so huge they thought it was twins, so, y'know, fair enough Mother; by rights, it should've been baaaastard! ;)}

PositivelyLoopyButAlsoNotCompletelyImplausible... is my middle-name! {í was a 17 hour labour and my head was so huge they thought it was twins, so, y'know, fair enough Mother; by rights, it should've been baaaastard! ;)}

At least your big head wasn't near fatal for her...

Back
Top Bottom