Swords - Midweek chart news

Reminds me of the You Are The Quarry - Deluxe version

Very much released with just the fans in mind. Can't wait for RAH later!

I went to buy it yesterday but was actually put off by the cover.
Also, the price. I'm not really interested in the live CD. Will there be a cheaper version without it on sale?

Bought it, delighted with the sleeve and photo/listing for Live In Warsaw. Only one problem...can't play it on my college computer. FML.

I think it's a lovely album. The artwork is dreadful and is probably a worse sleeve than Maladjusted.

Got the vinyl as well which is top class with nice inner sleeves.

Like all Morrissey albums I think it could have been better.

I don't like Drive in Saturday as a song and Sweetie Pie is dirge.

If they were replaced with Public Image and Slum Mums it would be excellent.

The age old problem of Morrissey not knowing what his best songs are and no one there to offer some quality control.

Not a great surprise. To most retailers, it's simply a b-sides collection and they didn't order many copies for their stores.

I went into HMV in Oxford Street yesterday and they'd sold out of all their cds and vinyls of it. I saw on the computer screen when I asked they'd ordered a whole 10 cds and 1 vinyl for the week!

Doesn't market his albums?! Ha ha ha oh that's priceless.
Yep, he cares not one jot for chart positions and sales does he.....

I didn't say he didn't care!:mad:
the artist who sell are those who get hyped up by the record companies. ok?

HMV Glasgow yesterday had 4 (!!!!!!) copies of the CD and no Vinyls at all. Very sad state of affairs.

Not a great surprise. To most retailers, it's simply a b-sides collection and they didn't order many copies for their stores.

I went into HMV in Oxford Street yesterday and they'd sold out of all their cds and vinyls of it. I saw on the computer screen when I asked they'd ordered a whole 10 cds and 1 vinyl for the week!

That's strange- in the vinyl section under M, there were 6 copies of "Swords" on Monday morning in HMV Oxford Street

If it fails to make the top 40 it would be his worst performing album ever, in the UK, and it will also mean that it will sell less than 6000 copies...

Those who accused him of Swords being another cash-in need to think again. What cash?

If it fails to make the top 40 it would be his worst performing album ever, in the UK, and it will also mean that it will sell less than 6000 copies...

Those who accused him of Swords being another cash-in need to think again. What cash?

what cash, indeed.
in all fairness, with regard to the chart position, it's his first ever B-sides album. when the public hears how bad some of his A-sides are (THPGU), they're never gonna think there'll be anything worth having on the b-sides.
also, that sleeve is hideous. it really put me off buying it yesterday and I'm very keen to hear some of those songs (haven't got proper or accessible versions of them all).

what cash, indeed.
in all fairness, with regard to the chart position, it's his first ever B-sides album. when the public hears how bad some of his A-sides are (THPGU), they're never gonna think there'll be anything worth having on the b-sides.
also, that sleeve is hideous. it really put me off buying it yesterday and I'm very keen to hear some of those songs (haven't got proper or accessible versions of them all).

I very much agree (although I am still furiously defending THPGU! :o). Particularly the sleeve- the other pictures in the two-disc package are quite nice, but the eventual cover pic was not a good choice at all. It didn't put me off as I had planned to buy it months back, but it's probably not particularly encouraging for some others.

Back
Top Bottom