Suggestions for Halloween playlist

K

KenzieW

I am very early, but I am trying to make a Halloween playlist. Anyone have any suggestions? Here is what I have so far (not in this order):

Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
Heads will Roll - Yeah, yeah, yeahs
Hungry like the Wolf - Duran Duran
When the Sun goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
Shopping for Blood - Franz Ferdinand
Spellbound - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Dave Matthews Band - Halloween - Before these Crowded Streets (Actually quite good... give it a try)
Dersperation Samba (Halloween In Tijuana) - Jimmy Buffett - Live In Anguilla

Anything by the Misfits... lol

you're ridiculous. also, I fixed that last part. Ozzy is so not scary. Crazy Train? sounds more like "Crazy fun times Train." so poppy.

p.s. throw some Sisters of Mercy on there.

p.p.s. I can't f***ing wait for Halloween

And...of course....

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, this means my mom will be setting up Christmas in a few days. :rolleyes:

you're ridiculous. also, I fixed that last part. Ozzy is so not scary. Crazy Train? sounds more like "Crazy fun times Train." so poppy.

p.s. throw some Sisters of Mercy on there.

p.p.s. I can't f***ing wait for Halloween

I can't wait either. I was thinking about putting some Sisters of Mercy on the playlist. I don't actually listen to them myself, but I hear them when my dad plays their music, and they are cool.

Disintegration is the best album ever.

Oh yes, I must put something by The Cure. I am not sure what yet. This song was the first one that came to mind...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll have to check these out. :)

Some more that I have added since I first posted:
Silent Scream - T.S.O.L.
Black Celebration - Depeche Mode (I wanted to do one of their songs, and thought this one was the most fitting.)
Hypnotize - The White Stripes
Dead Souls - Joy Division

As you can see the songs don't have to be about Halloween. Songs that are goth or spooky, or are related to paranormal/supernatural, death, or magic would do. 'Hungry like the Wolf" is probably the least Halloween, but I think it would be a funny werewolf song.

Kenzie aren't you still old enough legally to Trick or Treat?

Yes, I am. And I even have a little sister who is 11 to go trick-or-treating with. :D But my dad said when he was a teenager, when older kids would come trick-or-treating at his parents house, he would put ice in the teenager's candy bags. :eek:

I thought of The Cure's 'Fear of Ghosts' when I read the thread title.

How about depeche mode's 'Fly on the Windscreen?'

It's not too early now...Any more suggestions?

How about this:

:D
And this one:

What's that coming over the hill, is it a monster....is it a monster?? :D

If you like Lady GaGa, 'Monster' would be a nice addition as well. I would also recommend:

Depeche Mode- Dressed In Black, Pimpf
Sisters of Mercy- Marian, Lucretia My Reflection
Siouxsie and the Banshees- "Scarecrow" (from Peepshow 1988 ) "Halloween" (from JuJu 1981), "Blow the House Down" (from Hyaena 1984) and Bromley Contingent's "The Lord's Prayer" if you can find it.
Bauhaus- "King's Volcano"
The Birthday Party- "Nick the Stripper"
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds- "Up Jumped the Devil" and really any selection from their Murder Ballads album would be fantastic, if you want to add a touch of sinister to your playlist. And this little ditty:

I am very early, but I am trying to make a Halloween playlist. Anyone have any suggestions? Here is what I have so far (not in this order):

Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
Heads will Roll - Yeah, yeah, yeahs
Hungry like the Wolf - Duran Duran
When the Sun goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
Shopping for Blood - Franz Ferdinand
Spellbound - Siouxsie and the Banshees

For Duran Duran try "New Religion" the carnival version. That's a good one. I used it for my Halloween playlist last year.

Not to spoil the fun but I just got a reminder on facebook that Pandora has a Halloween channel now.

Back
Top Bottom