Strange/unexpected Moz references?

its always vh1 with you isnt it?
:cool::rolleyes:

i will kill you.

I think it's strange they were playing it while talking about MacCauley
Culkin.
What an odd choice of a song to play, haha. I love the song, but it's just a bit weird they'd be playing Irish Blood, English heart while talking about Culkin.

Weird.

well i dont think it was strategic. it was some vh1 special, about child stars and how theyre parents f***ed them over or whatever. and they play different snippets of songs just for background music, and IBEH just happened to be one of them.

i will kill you.

well i dont think it was strategic. it was some vh1 special, about child stars and how theyre parents f***ed them over or whatever. and they play different snippets of songs just for background music, and IBEH just happened to be one of them.

hahaha

(gulp)

I remember back in February (I think?) I was watching ABC News' World News Now and they played There Is A Light That Never Goes Out during the weather segment. I was like, "No way!"

My mother was watching Charmed and yea.
You know. The theme song.
I pointed at the screen and went, "THAT IS A SMITHS SONG. WHAT IS IT DOING BEING SUNG BY SOMEONE ELSE AND ON CHARMED NO LESS."
My mother got freaked out, "What?? It is?? That's their theme song!"
"It was ORGINALLY a Smiths song. WHAT IS IT DOING ON CHARMED??"
Yea, uhm. I was a bit upset.

It was my first time ever watching Charmed. And the last time.

I pointed at the screen and went, "THAT IS A SMITHS SONG. WHAT IS IT DOING BEING SUNG BY SOMEONE ELSE AND ON CHARMED NO LESS."

actually the guy who does the cover of that version is the singer from the Psychedelic Furs. so its really not all THAT bad.

p.s. im not defending the show. its a dumb show.

I heard it was that dude from The Psychedelic Furs who covered the song.

actually the guy who does the cover of that version is the singer from the Psychedelic Furs. so its really not all THAT bad.

p.s. im not defending the show. its a dumb show.

I heard it was that dude from The Psychedelic Furs who covered the song.

I just personally didn't like it. :p Sounded weird to me.

(I do like the Sandie Shaw cover of Hand in Glove, but for some reason this particular cover didn't fly with me. D: Perhaps it was the shock, who knows.)

The bins in college have "The More Litter You Drop, The Closer We Get" on them, which I have a hard time believing to be a coincidence :p

I saw this boy at school today who looked remarkably like Spencer. =|
And as I have some sort of irrational fear of Spencer I jumped slighty and went, "Wait...WTF. What is Spencer's love child doing HERE WTF. DEAR GOD DO NOT TELL ME HE IS HERE. D: D:"
Yea.
And it wasn't just his hair style! (there's actually quite a few guys with his hair...somehow...), it really LOOKED like him. I swear it's his love child.
Forgot to add:
Spencer has a really deep voice which really surprised me somehow...=| random, I know.

Last edited:
A wrestling magazine in the UK, "Power Slam", has a Smiths reference in one of their articles this month. It basically talks about comedy storylines in wrestling and the author says something along the lines of, "as The Smiths wrote in the 1980's, that joke isn't funny any more".

Not earth-shattering news, but it is unexpected.

image please!!:D

When I get my home Internet back up (atm I'm "getting my Morrissey fix from the school's public computers", as Not Right In The Head puts it), I will certainly upload a picture :D

I might get a few weird looks in college for taking a photograph of a bin, but....oh well :p

I remember once, driving to the airport, my dad was listening to this random AM talk radio station that was a lot of static, but in between every segment of the show, they played a different Smiths or Morrissey song.

On "Malcolm In The Middle" once, they're at school and this popular girl is hanging a poster for the prom, and Malcolm starts bitching about it to her, and she says something along the lines of Well when you and your loser friends are locked in your room listening to Morrissey on Saturday night, I will be having fun at the prom blah blah blah something like that. It wasn't that strange but still unexpected. It made me chuckle.

Last edited:
On "Malcolm In The Middle" once, they're at school and this popular girl is hanging a poster for the prom, and Malcolm starts bitching about it to her, and she says something along the lines of Well when you and your loser friends locked in your room listening to Morrissey on Saturday night, I will be having fun at the prom

Wow, that's eerily like something a friend told me in high school, minus the bit about hanging out with friends. :D

Wow, that's eerily like something a friend told me in high school, minus the bit about hanging out with friends. :D
Haha, luckily I managed to dodge comments like that when I was in school.

Oh, also in the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower, there are apparently some references made to The Smiths, specifically the song "Asleep". I have yet to read that book but I've heard it's pretty amazing.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom