Strange/unexpected Moz references?

This is Moz adjacent.

Can anyone explain why violence, homophobia & sexism gets a larky, sympathetic write up from vintage UK music journalists but Morrissey being a bit odd sent them into convulsions from the very beginning of his career?????

The levels of leeway that men who are not Morrissey get is batshit. :ahhh:

Highlights:

View attachment 69996

View attachment 69997

View attachment 69998
Don't you just love Ian.

This is Moz adjacent.

Can anyone explain why violence, homophobia & sexism gets a larky, sympathetic write up from vintage UK music journalists but Morrissey being a bit odd sent them into convulsions from the very beginning of his career?????

The levels of leeway that men who are not Morrissey get is batshit. :ahhh:

Highlights:

View attachment 69996

View attachment 69997

View attachment 69998

Gross.

4540175a-b1a9-4504-b4ed-30976de27d36_2048x2048.jpg

Obviously now available via Mporium, but was also posted under a 'store' heading FB Official was linking to today.
FWD.

It's a top-class item! I demand pictures of the art installation as soon as you've settled into the new place.

It is nevertheless a curious concurrence of circumstances that the thief seller decided to cast off the loot in chronological congruence to the culminating frink.

So, the cast-iron curio {hernias permitting} is due for delivery today, and having received a despatch notice from The Vintage Wall í thought í'd chance my arm and gently enquire of the provenance of the sign {ie ~ is it legal?}. í received this lovely response from Regent Street ~

"The sign was one of several picked up from an architectural salvage supplier, who obviously didn’t know the significance behind this particular sign. Being a Morrissey fan, I recognised it straight away from (I think) the Bona Drag album sleeve.

If you look at the attached Google Street View screenshot, you’ll see the original sign is no longer there — I assume replaced by a modern sign positioned in a different location, away from the Morrissey-themed graffiti, and from potential souvenir hunters. You will notice the leaning street post exactly as it was in the JT photo (except now repainted).

I am pleased to hear the sign has gone to a good home, and hope that you continue to enjoy it!
"

1616587653052.png

So a complete fluke basically. Wonderful kismet :)

ps ~ í'm not entirely sure how, or why, precisely, one enjoys a Victorian street sign. But the queer thing is...í know that í shall. People are odd.

ps ~ í'm not entirely sure how, or why, precisely, one enjoys a Victorian street sign. But the queer thing is...í know that í shall. People are odd.

Objectophilia, remember?

What a great story though 💕

So, the cast-iron curio {hernias permitting} is due for delivery today, and having received a despatch notice from The Vintage Wall í thought í'd chance my arm and gently enquire of the provenance of the sign {ie ~ is it legal?}. í received this lovely response from Regent Street ~

"The sign was one of several picked up from an architectural salvage supplier, who obviously didn’t know the significance behind this particular sign. Being a Morrissey fan, I recognised it straight away from (I think) the Bona Drag album sleeve.

If you look at the attached Google Street View screenshot, you’ll see the original sign is no longer there — I assume replaced by a modern sign positioned in a different location, away from the Morrissey-themed graffiti, and from potential souvenir hunters. You will notice the leaning street post exactly as it was in the JT photo (except now repainted).

I am pleased to hear the sign has gone to a good home, and hope that you continue to enjoy it!
"

View attachment 70016

So a complete fluke basically. Wonderful kismet :)

Now you just need the original ‘Rear’ to be anatomically complete.

happy hunting!

Now you just need the original ‘Rear’ to be anatomically complete.

happy hunting!

An original 'Rear'; but only with the 'typical age wear, craquelure and patches of discoloration' that í so particularly appreciate :thumb:

Objectophilia, remember?

What a great story though 💕

Ah yes :thumb:

But will í enjoy it quite as much as M. enjoyed his Whopping bollard...? :unsure:

It was meant to be, í guess. í do wonder now how long it had been up for sale before í went on my Teller Tench google hunt?

{And Thank You to @AngelosBarry ~ if he hadn't asked for those hi-res images for his spare room, and the attendant frinkfest, í never would have cause to come across the curio}.

Written in the stars. Or the gutter. í have a living sign...

An original 'Rear'; but only with the 'typical age wear, craquelure and patches of discoloration' that í so particularly appreciate :thumb:

Yes. It’s seems the Tench st sign is older (could be wrong) than the Reardon sign in the Moz photo. But the Reardon sign was replaced. So the original is out there somewhere, maybe on a trash heap, crying out your name ! :lbf:

Yes. It’s seems the Tench sign is older than the Reardon sign in the
Moz photo. But the Reardon sign was also replaced. So the original is out there somewhere, maybe on a trash heap, crying out your name ! :lbf:

Add them to the list! Find me, Find me, Find me ;)

í know the 'original' circa 1990 was graffitied after the Teller shots. But was it replaced? Or just deep cleaned? These are the vital question du jour!

Add them to the list! Find me, Find me, Find me ;)

í know the 'original' circa 1990 was graffitied after the Teller shots. But was it replaced? Or just deep cleaned? These are the vital question du jour!

The Reardon signs look different to me, judging by the recent location photo you posted. no?

The Reardon signs look different to me, judging by the recent location photo you posted. no?

Yes, you're right.

If í could get the one from '66 that Sidney looks up at, that would complete the corner, and complete me...

But will í enjoy it quite as much as M. enjoyed his Whopping bollard...? :unsure:

Nobody has ever enjoyed anything as much as Morrissey enjoyed that wonky bollard 😉

It was meant to be, í guess. í do wonder now how long it had been up for sale before í went on my Teller Tench google hunt?

{And Thank You to @AngelosBarry ~ if he hadn't asked for those hi-res images for his spare room, and the attendant frinkfest, í never would have cause to come across the curio}.

Well, there's a good chance I would have posted the Instagram offer anyhow, as it appeared under #Morrissey...

Lying in the gutter, looking up at the sign, it said 'TENCH ST'... 🎵🎶

Finally got round to ordering the posters today, will post pics when they arrive.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom