Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Perhaps not totally unexpected but...

Joey Barton tweeted "I've seen this happen, in other people's lives and now its happening in mine..........."The Smiths....... yesterday, a few hours before being sacked by NUFC.

Tweet is murder, Joey Barton

SINCE Newcastle’s hierarchy *determined Joey Barton could leave, the combative midfielder has been quoting the likes of George Orwell, the Dalai Lama and Morrissey.

You can’t imagine Barton sharing philosophical ideas with any of that lot – with the possible exception of hanging DJs.

Rest here.

The "Hang the DJ" refrain was played at the end of "Come Dine With Me" just now . Bizarre to say the least.

True to form, Douglas Coupland in his 2010 novel "Player One" writes, "She loves the first thirty seconds of "A Rush and a Push and the Land Is Ours" by the Smiths - the song's noises that, in a way that defies verb tenses, remind her of what it feels like to be a ghost."

Also, when Coupland describes dimanchophobia - fear of Sunday, not in a religious sense but, rather, a condition that reflects fear of unstructured time. " A popular expression of the condition can be found in the pop song "Every Day Is Like Sunday" by Morrissey, in which he describes walking on a beach after a nuclear war, when every day of the week now feels like Sunday.

Also after naming one of his novels "Girlfriend in a Coma" it's about time that Coupland got his own entry in "Mozpedia". Sorry if the news about all of this has been posted before.

Last night I was reading book three in the manga series called Shutterbox. I was studying the picture on the front of the first chapter, and noticed that there was a Moz face. The drawing was of a shield covered in band stickers next to a goth character. There was Morrissey's face on the cover of Viva Hate. Among the stickers was also Bauhaus, Cocteau Twins, Joy Division, The Cure, and Sisters of Mercy. I found the third book boring though and gave up. But the art is beautiful.

Last night I was reading book three in the manga series called Shutterbox. I was studying the picture on the front of the first chapter, and noticed that there was a Moz face. The drawing was of a shield covered in band stickers next to a goth character. There was Morrissey's face on the cover of Viva Hate. Among the stickers was also Bauhaus, Cocteau Twins, Joy Division, The Cure, and Sisters of Mercy. I found the third book boring though and gave up. But the art is beautiful.

Kept reading, and it turned out to be really good.

It's not a reference as such. But the guy in the car next to us in the petrol station was shouting at his kid, through the window ''there's more to life than books you know'' . couldn't help but smirk

A Videogum review poking fun at an episode of True Blood (which involved a fight sequence taking place in a graveyard) has the headline 'True Blood S04E08: Keats And Yeats Are On Your Side'.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom