Strange/unexpected Moz references?

In a post for 'bestweekever.tv' for VH1, Dan Hopper compiles a list, including ad videos, of The 20 Most Inappropriate Songs Ever Used In Commercials. The Smiths are rated 12th, and Morrissey comes in second place!

- 12. Nissan – “How Soon Is Now” by The Smiths

Nissan: There’s a club if you’d like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you, so you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home and you cry and you want to die. Catchy

+

- 2. NFL – “Everyday Is Like Sunday” by Morrissey

As if the unholy alliance of Morrissey and the frickin’ NFL isn’t pants-sh*tting enough, the NFL used the ONLY non-soul-crushing sentence in “Everyday Is Like Sunday” for its 2008 ad campaign. Literally the next line in the chorus is “…Everyday is silent and grey,” then it returns to verses about wishing for the apocalypse, presumably while receiving live score updates. -
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-04-13/the-20-most-inappropriate-songs-ever-used-in-commercials/

Last edited by a moderator:
In a post for 'bestweekever.tv' for VH1, Dan Hopper compiles a list, including ad videos, of The 20 Most Inappropriate Songs Ever Used In Commercials. The Smiths are rated 12th, and Morrissey comes in second place!

Nissan: There’s a club if you’d like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you, so you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home and you cry and you want to die. Catchy

+

As if the unholy alliance of Morrissey and the frickin’ NFL isn’t pants-sh*tting enough, the NFL used the ONLY non-soul-crushing sentence in “Everyday Is Like Sunday” for its 2008 ad campaign. Literally the next line in the chorus is “…Everyday is silent and grey,” then it returns to verses about wishing for the apocalypse, presumably while receiving live score updates. -
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-04-13/the-20-most-inappropriate-songs-ever-used-in-commercials/

Lol. :D

+

1. omg, I still remember that first time I saw that terrible Nissan commercial in movie theatre :mad:
I vowed then to never buy a Nissan car ever again :cool: and 2 & a half cars later, I have stuck to that vow :straightface:

2. funny thing about that annoying NFL campaign, a lot of stupid football fans love to get drunk and karaoke after the games on Sunday :rolleyes:
and anyways, after that campaign, some came in asking for that song :eek:
they all did terrible jobs, but hey, it was just nice to see Moz's name up on the board :o

In todays 'Guardian' there is a short interview with 'Sir' Bob Geldof. He is asked what he thinks of people who criticise Band Aid, specifically Morrissey who declared it "undiscussable". He replies "What Morrissey has to say about anything is redundant. He's a bit like me - he says things for effect."

geldof.jpg

The baby is Peaches, aswell..

tumblr_kozpadgwcm1qzkfi6o1_400.jpg
following up a picture of her as a baby with one of her like that was real choice work kyle, good for you! :p
also, I was looking at other pics of her and her sisters :horny:
and umm, really they should run DNA tests :straightface:
I doubt that any of them are related to as fugly a dude as Bob Geldof :cool:

Does anyone know the band that covered Everyday is Like Sunday for the NFL ad? Is there a full version of it?

Dave

following up a picture of her as a baby with one of her like that was real choice work kyle, good for you! :p

Yeah, I fancy her sister Pixie! she is a babe, looks like her mum.

Phil has a quiff. All the other chicks do not. Then Carlos answers "Are you being Sirius?"

Gnostic understanding isn't hidden in dusty weird tomes in the library. It's woven into our culture because God isn't a bore sitting in the library or the monastery all day.

From the scum newspaper today :

MORRISSEY gave new band THE YOUNG ONES his seal of approval at their North London gig on Tuesday. THE SMITHS legend then hung out with the lads backstage. The bands JACK DOOLEY said : He's written some of our favourite songs ever and invited us to open for him next time he plays Stoke."

Stoke huh?!

IF you got the BBC homepage now (21st April) they have a pleasant cartoon of Morrissey, Richard Attenborough and Micheal Caine as the top banner advertising the Desert Island Disc's archive

From the scum newspaper today :

MORRISSEY gave new band THE YOUNG ONES his seal of approval at their North London gig on Tuesday. THE SMITHS legend then hung out with the lads backstage. The bands JACK DOOLEY said : He's written some of our favourite songs ever and invited us to open for him next time he plays Stoke."

Stoke huh?!

Think they must mean ''All The Young''. :D

http://www.alltheyoung.co.uk/ (WARNING: music starts automatically)

Rather than The Young Ones.

I suppose this counts as strange/unexpected for some tweed-sleeved examiner; I managed to fit a quotation of Morrissey's into my A level history coursework, and 'Mozipedia' is proudly in the bibliography.
It's also become a sort of task between my philosophy teacher and I to fit Smiths/Mozzer song titles into essays and work. The easiest are 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' and 'Hand in Glove'.

www.iknowoscarwilde.tumblr.com

Jack and Jill Market begins on Morrissey's 52nd birthday at 10.30am. Admission £1(children free). :thumb:

Mind you, Jayziz is due back on earth the day before, so it may be cancelled..

420110325195548005_t607.JPG

I saw an article about that on the Daily Fail website a couple of months ago. Apparently it's "awesome news" (according to the people who believe it).

I always found that Bob Geldof was very sexy as a young man. And if you make the effort to look at Peaches' face forgetting all the rest for a moment, you'll see that she has her daddy's mouth!

Review in yesterdays Daily Mail of "Arthur", the new Russel Brand movie, with the headline "This Un-Charming man"....the reviewer didn't rate the film very highly, obviously.....

Today Bobby Gillespie is sitting for Jarvis' Sunday Service on BBC 6 Music, Mick Jones is his guest (his interview started 0:39ish).

Mick was talking about his early career, he hooked up with Tony James of Sig Sig Sputnik at that time.
Tony used to put an ad on Melody Maker looking for aspiring musicians who were interested in MC5, Stoogies and New York Dolls.
Mick mentioned Morrissey who also replied to the ad and they spoke on the phone.
For some reason Morrissey didn't come to the audition.
Although BAD and Smiths were on Channel 4's Tube once, but they didn't meet.

Last edited:
Corrie is on at work. They played This Charming Man in the rovers. :)

Was just going to comment as I am watching on ITV2 (in work) THey were playing it as Todd Grimshaw and his boyfriend were in there. His boyfriend is a bit posh and wears a (yellow) jumper around his shoulders. Hmmmm.......

They played 'This Charming Man' as background music for the Northern gay bit. Meanwhile, for the Southern gay bit - Marcus and Sean taking Sean's son Dylan on a tourist trip round London, they played 'London Calling' by The Clash :rolleyes:

Crappy Easter Corrie.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom