Strange/unexpected Moz references?

My friend found it in a skate shop in Seattle. Ill ask to see if they have some online store.

http://www.manikskateboards.com/default.aspx?showcaseID=32

I just wrote to ask them if the board is still available.
And got a mailer daemon failure. I'll try calling.
OK, called first number, he referred me to John at 509-833-4000.
John says they do very limited runs, and they don't repeat things they've done before, so if you didn't get one when it came out, then you are out of luck.
I told him to post somewhere on this site if they should happen to make more.

Last edited:
I'm just back from a fairly local pub, where my friend, despite distinctly not being a fan, kindly put I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris on the jukebox for me. Also on there is Someone is Squeezing My Skull. The place used to be called John Dee's but after this incident - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WNvNQUYAU - :eek: it has since been renamed under new management which was badly needed. :thumb:

I'm just back from a fairly local pub, where my friend, despite distinctly not being a fan, kindly put I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris on the jukebox for me. Also on there is Someone is Squeezing My Skull. The place used to be called John Dee's but after this incident - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WNvNQUYAU - :eek: it has since been renamed under new management which was badly needed. :thumb:

Haha...Noticed the word 'Knackers' but what are Knackers? what we would call Coppers? I only know it as being slang for men's bits n bobs :lbf:

Haha...Noticed the word 'Knackers' but what are Knackers? what we would call Coppers? I only know it as being slang for men's bits n bobs :lbf:

When my Dubliner friend first complained about knackers, I thought he meant bits 'n' bobs as you called them too. :p However, he explained to me that they're like chavs. 'Skangers' are the same as knackers, apparently.

It's delicate whichever meaning you take, but Franzanna's on the right track. The travelling people/itenerants(called gypsies or pikeys in other countries) are sometimes referred to as knackers or tinkers. These last two words also described tradespeople in years gone by. A knacker was someone who dealt in dead horses and a tinker fixed pots n' pans, stuff made out of tin. Apparently these last two appellations would still be preferred by many even though the skills are unused these days. :)

It's delicate whichever meaning you take, but Franzanna's on the right track. The travelling people/itenerants(called gypsies or pikeys in other countries) are sometimes referred to as knackers or tinkers. These last two words also described tradespeople in years gone by. A knacker was someone who dealt in dead horses and a tinker fixed pots n' pans, stuff made out of tin. Apparently these last two appellations would still be preferred by many even though the skills are unused these days. :)

I wasn't aware of the real meaning of the word 'knacker', either as a traveller or as a person who dealt with dead horses. Although I suppose that's why dead horses went to the knacker's yard.

Me neither Franzanna, Jeez thanks for the insight goinghome, that was interesting to learn, and just goes to show how countries,Towns, cities, can use the same words for different meanings etc... I've always known Tinker and gypsies are basically the same, but never heard of the word 'Knackers' for the meaning you have explained, but yeah Suppose it does make sense saying a Horse has gone to the Knackers Yard looking at it in that way :)

I have a friend in Galway and I will test her out with this word next time I speak to her and see if her mind is as tarnished as mine :lbf:

Today's Weakest Link - a Radio DJ special - had a question about about the Smiths - which smiths song has the lyric "Hang the DJ"

Glad to report that Terry Christian got it right :thumb:

Dave

The intro to Last of the famous international playboys played on Celebrity Come Dine with me.
Not only that, but Diarmuid Gavin turned up to the first dinner party wearing the same style ivory Gucci jacket that Morrissey wore for the Hollywood Bowl show in 2007.
This is it (Moz's, not Diarmuid's) ~
front:
detail.JPG

rear:
detail.JPG

kecks:
detail.JPG

If I could marry a suit, it would be this one ;)
...and how does a feckin' gardener afford Gucci?

Today's Weakest Link - a Radio DJ special - had a question about about the Smiths - which smiths song has the lyric "Hang the DJ"

Glad to report that Terry Christian got it right :thumb:

Dave

I heard that too :thumb:. I don't know if anyone else posted this, but there was also a question on Thursday's WL about 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'.

This Charming Man was a question on the Buzzcocks the other week, Noel Fielding got it right, not sure/can't be arsed scrolling to see if anyone else put it

There is a light sung by the characters on gavin anD stacey just now. Nice bit of moz on crimbo night

Did anyone else woop for joy upon hearing that? and Smithy with his mock-Moz impression, very funny :) For those who can view the iplayer link above skip to 24.12 to hear it.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom