Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Morrissey was referenced in the pilot episode of American Horror Story on the FX Network (actually was quite an enjoyable show!)

The troubled, suicidal teenage daughter asked her new friend if he wanted to listen to Morrissey, who she described as "He's cool. And he's pissy, and he hates everyone and everything."

Funny quote I just came across from a review of this new show:

"But as real as the parents feel, their daughter Violet is damaged and introverted and boring. If I wanted to deal with someone who listens to Morrissey, chain smokes and generally irritates the world around them, I'd take a ride to downtown Brooklyn. Here's hoping she's the first character offed."

Last edited:
Morrissey was referenced in the pilot episode of American Horror Story on the FX Network (actually was quite an enjoyable show!)

The troubled, suicidal teenage daughter asked her new friend if he wanted to listen to Morrissey, who she described as "He's cool. And he's pissy, and he hates everyone and everything."

Funny quote I just came across from a review of this new show:

"But as real as the parents feel, their daughter Violet is damaged and introverted and boring. If I wanted to deal with someone who listens to Morrissey, chain smokes and generally irritates the world around them, I'd take a ride to downtown Brooklyn. Here's hoping she's the first character offed."

My friends caught that reference too. They loved the show. Did you like it? Wondering how many shows to get roped into this season. :p

I was using the restroom at Nordstroms when I thought I heard Seal singing Stop Me. :D So I grabbed my recorder and went to the lounge area away from the air hand driers and recorded it. I have since discovered, I think, that it must be Mark Ronson. Never heard it before. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using the restroom at Nordstroms when I thought I heard Seal singing Stop Me. :D So I grabbed my recorder and went to the lounge area away from the air hand driers and recorded it. I have since discovered, I think, that it must be Mark Ronson. Never heard it before. Not bad.
Yes, that's Ronson's cover, with Daniel Merriweather on vocals. There's good reason why Morrissey himself is a fan. It's a fantastic cover. :)

Last night went to Dave Haslam's 'Close Up' interview with Jarvis Cocker at Manchester Town Hall and the topic of Morrissey was raised. Jarvis said how during the 80s he felt very jealous of Morrissey and it took him a long time for him to be able to enjoy his work, and that they have met once at an airport departure lounge waiting to go to Ireland but they both were too nervous and shy to make a proper conversation. Very interesting night. The topic of Moz also led on to Jarvis discussing the idea of having an amplified version of yourself on stage in the way that Morrissey does and how shy or introverted performers generally are doing it because they have a lot to prove against the world.
FK

The Ordinary Boys was just played on University Challenge for a 'name the artist' starter question. A little geeky lad got it straight away and had a little chuckle to himself, definitely a fan.

iPhone 4s commercial, in the last frame the lady gets locked out of her house and the first locksmith on the list is Morrissey Locksmith. :D It might be spelled wrong. And though I am a dork in many ways, I did not record this commercial. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone in my local pub gave me copy of the "Sunday People" newspaper yesterday, and it had a "Free" puzzle supplement with it. On the cover was a Pic of Morrissey, an ox/Yak/bovine creature of some sort, Humphrey Bogart, a palm tree and L'arc de triomphe...I haven't "Done" any of the puzzles yet, so I don't know the significance of his Mozzjestys face being there.....maybe he is a "Clue" somewhere in the mag.....I'll let you all know when I have "Puzzled" it out........

are sightings supposed to be posted in here?
its also neither strange or unexpexted to see moz in a recordstore like he was seen yesterday
moz has been seen in chigago shopping yesterday
quote lainey
Spotted at Reckless Records, Chicago.
and
Look at the tweets to the right of this page about Moz sightings in Chicago! - http://www.avclub.com/chicago/
a few weeks ago he has
been seen in manchester shopping for a hoover at kendals/house of frazers as brel reported on AYNIM.

not directly moz related but a few days ago I saw a tv show called durch die nacht mit. (through the night with.. )where two artists meet up (james franco and poet frank bibart) and they went to the hollywood forever cementary at nightime. the place where moz took a few promoshots and an interview in 2009

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom