Strange/unexpected Moz references?

neither strange not unexpected:
found on tumblr:
tumblrlrqc4dfyo61qjsjsg.jpg

dont know if this has been around longer.i have been absent online over certain times in the summer.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like a fairly harmless thread to momentarily go off topic in.
But does anyone know where I can find the Morrissey quote where he's talking about sexuality, and says something along the lines of
'I don't understand why we need to define ourselves by hetero or homo, we are all sexual beings' (or something like that)

I swear I remember hearing or reading it somewhere, but haven't had much luck on google. Thanks

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like a fairly harmless thread to momentarily go off topic in.
But does anyone know where I can find the Morrissey quote where he's talking about sexuality, and says something along the lines of
'I don't understand why we need to define ourselves by hetero or homo, we are all sexual beings' (or something like that)

I swear I remember hearing or reading it somewhere, but haven't had much luck on google. Thanks

Not sure, but back on topic there was a Morrissey shout out on the new sitcom with Will Arnett and Christina Applegate. Their neighbor was throwing a loud party and they called the cops because they want their baby to sleep, but they wanted to appear NOT to be the person to call the cops so attended the party and made comments about loving loud parties. When the cops showed up the party people, who were English, asked the cops if everyone could stay and they just turn down the music, so the cops decided to call the people who complained and asked and of course, their cell phone rings in a silenced room. To appease the new English neighbors they just made fools of themselves in front of, who also announced they are having a baby, Will Arnett's character said something to the effect of "Youre' going to be a dad? I'm a dad too!! You're from England? I still love Morrissey who is asexual..." or something like that.

I wasn;t watching the show, I was just picking up my dog from my dad's house and he literally turned the television on to that scene. :p So I'm not sure how it ended. Or started.

searched around here putting a few words i remember from that quote and thankfully they wrote the source of interview next to it
its nme dec 84 -on luckylisp.com and on foreverill.com
Morrissey: No, not really. That can be very dull. The age of consent doesn't interest me, nor that kind of self advertisement.
But as far as sexuality is concerned I do feel very strongly about it. Therefore I have a very non-sexual stance, seeing people as humanist. There's so much segregation in modern life the last thing we need is a massive chasm between the sexes, which gets wider as the year passes.
All the so called liberators spout excessive hatred. On the one side feminists scream men are the enemies, they're killing us, on the other extreme it's the Tetley bittermen machismo thing. I refuse to recognise the terms hetero-, bi- and homo-sexual. Everybody has exactly the same sexual needs. People are just -sexual, the prefix is immaterial

On another Radio4 programme today, Lyrical Journey I think it was called, they were discussing Squeeze's Up The Junction. Interviewing David Quantick about the gritty reality of the song he said that it was almost like "...A Taste Of Honey, which Morrissey has based his whole output on.". Something like that.

P.

searched around here putting a few words i remember from that quote and thankfully they wrote the source of interview next to it
its nme dec 84 -on luckylisp.com and on foreverill.com

Thanks very much, that's the one I had in my head, glad to know I'm not imagining things! Also, great moz quote...these kind of thoughts must still be in his head - I just wish he'd air them more than the ones he's chosen of late

On another Radio4 programme today, Lyrical Journey I think it was called, they were discussing Squeeze's Up The Junction. Interviewing David Quantick about the gritty reality of the song he said that it was almost like "...A Taste Of Honey, which Morrissey has based his whole output on.". Something like that.

P.

Yeah, maybe in 1984.

Quantick's insane loathing of/ inexplicable obsession with Morrissey is a wonder to behold. He loves to hate him!

My friend forwarded me a funny tweet from some guy named power_crystals: :D

Matt D (@power_crystals)
9/25/11 10:36 AM
Imagine: Morrissey and you cottaging in an actual cottage. He taps his foot three times and the robot butler serves you both edemame and tea

New Will Arnett show 'Up All Night' name-checked Morrissey twice, when he and his wife were trying to impress their new neighbours, his wife makes him like Morrissey on facebook to look cool, and then at the neighbours' housewarming party, he says he's a dad and still likes Morrissey! wahey!

From the new, shit 'Q':

"Q ~ Which musicians never let you down?

Nicky Wire ~ For me John Lydon and Morrissey are the ultimate truth-seekers. Uncontrollable working-class rage. It only exists in a very few of us. The fact that Morrissey called an album 'Viva Hate'! His performance at Glastonbury - you could tell there was a man, like me, waiting to explode with venom and hate."

A pleasant surprise, I thought.

Morrissey will probably be watching this show with keen interest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00krrp7

Episode 1 of 3

Duration: 1 hour

The previously untold history of Britain's mixed-race community and the many love stories that created it.

In the first of this three-part series, George Alagiah tells the story of romance in the First World War between female workers and foreign seamen, the street riots it led to, and how Britain just escaped laws preventing mixed marriage and the excesses of race science

Episode 1 of 3

The previously untold history of Britain's mixed-race community and the many love stories that created it.

In the first of this three-part series, George Alagiah tells the story of romance in the First World War between female workers and foreign seamen, the street riots it led to, and how Britain just escaped laws preventing mixed marriage and the excesses of race science

Considering he 'can't stand George Alagiah', I doubt he will.

Episode 1 of 3

What the f*** is that supposed to mean?
If you want to say that Morrissey is a racist bigot who is opposed to the mixing of races then just say that. Don't be snarky about it.

What the f*** is that supposed to mean?
If you want to say that Morrissey is a racist bigot who is opposed to the mixing of races then just say that. Don't be snarky about it.

Oh dear. Sorry George, sorry Morrissey, sorry Joe, sorry moz-solo. For some reason a minor A-ha hit from 1988 keeps
running around my head

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom