Strange/unexpected Moz references?

May's Mojo has some Bowie/Ronson material.
Morrissey mentions in light of Suzi Ronson's new book.

View attachment 102742View attachment 102743View attachment 102744View attachment 102745View attachment 102746View attachment 102747

I'll be picking this book up when released - will add any further references.
Regards,
FWD.
Suzi Ronson was interviewed on the "Word in Your Ear" podcast

Suzi Ronson - Bowie’s stylist - knows why rock and roll is all about hair​

Suzi Ronson was working in a hairdressers in Beckenham in 1970 when a Mrs Jones dropped in for a shampoo and set talking gaily about her son, “an artistic boy who plays guitar and piano”. The same son who’d had a hit with Space Oddity and occasionally drifted down the High Road in a dress. Within weeks she’d become the first rock stylist, transforming Bowie’s hair, image and stage clothes and launching him in the direction of Ziggy Stardust and an international audience. She was a key part of his entourage that toured the UK, America and Japan and she talks about later life married to Spiders’ guitarist Mick Ronson, the role he played in Bowie’s success and the trials of his solo career in its aftermath. Both this podcast and her memoir (Me And Mr Jones: My Life With David Bowie and the Spiders From Mars) look at Bowie’s early career from a wholly new and original angle - in fact someone should base a film on it. A few highlights ... … Haddon Hall and its exotic inhabitants. … Schwarzkopf Red Hair Dye and other trade secrets. .. how it feels to see an audience with the haircut you invented. … expeditions to Liberty’s and Mr Fish with Angie Bowie. … the Spiders’ northern sensibilities adjusting to the brave new world. … how Tony Defries made Bowie mysterious and unreachable. … why Lou Reed was a revelation. … America’s Southern states reacting to the 1972 tour. ... and the magnetism of Bob Dylan and why Mick Ronson ended the Rolling Thunder tour with an invoice not a wage packet.

More activity on Warners/The Smiths' YT channel:

(Possibly testing out shorts).

Adorable Morrissey interview that I don't recall finding before, with Bob Pearce of Red Door Records, 1983, audio only -

Adorable Morrissey interview that I don't recall finding before, with Bob Pearce of Red Door Records, 1983, audio only -

Shared here in 2006.
Was an interview disc - this uses that source (uncredited). YT OP is repackaging interviews.
The original version to download in the Google Drive collection:
FWD.

Don't have a link for it, but Mike Joyce was on Radio 4's 'Today' programe on Monday, talking about the venue of the first Smiths concert. I didn't catch the whole thing, so not sure if there were any direct Moz mentions.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom