Strange Fascinations

Skinner

RIP The Rev
What are some of your strange fascinations? You know, the things you have always been way more interested about that you should, without explanation. Perhaps its an obscure sport, an animal or species, a person, place, thing, medical oddity etc..

I'll go first:

Multiple births. Whenever more than 1 baby is born at once I'm fascinated. I keep watching shows on Discovery Health network about triplets or quads with 2 moms, John and Kate plus 8 etc. Fascinates me.

Also, conjoined twins. Have always had a strange obsession with them. I could probably go into detail about all the major documented cases over the past 10 years.

Anything having to do with the ear, nose and throat. Its gross but so interesting to me.

Ok so now its your turn. What strange things fascinate you?

- Morrissey
- Robert Smith
- medicine, especially endocrinology
- epidemiology
- the bubonic plague
- the history of food and cooking
- the Victorian era
- the Middle Ages
- James Cagney
- The Marx Brothers
- early Hollywood, esp. Warner Bros.
- early mystery/horror, like E.A. Poe and Hawthorne
- serial killers (the farther back in time, the more interesting)

- Morrissey
- Robert Smith
- medicine, especially endocrinology
- epidemiology
- the bubonic plague
- the history of food and cooking
- the Victorian era
- the Middle Ages
- James Cagney
- The Marx Brothers
- early Hollywood, esp. Warner Bros.
- early mystery/horror, like E.A. Poe and Hawthorne
- serial killers (the farther back in time, the more interesting)

Human Papilloma Virus and episiotomy :)

Ahh the timeless allure of disease. Why is it the people get so interested in such topics? I guess we'll never know. But thanks for your comments. I thought nobody would reply for a minute there :o

Pineapple! And a few other things, but pineapple's probably the weirdest.

I am a fan of diseases, just as long as I don't have them. The A-Z of Family Health is one of my favourite books. :D In fact, I love reference books in general.

What are some of your strange fascinations? You know, the things you have always been way more interested about that you should, without explanation. Perhaps its an obscure sport, an animal or species, a person, place, thing, medical oddity etc..

I'll go first:

Multiple births. Whenever more than 1 baby is born at once I'm fascinated. I keep watching shows on Discovery Health network about triplets or quads with 2 moms, John and Kate plus 8 etc. Fascinates me.

Also, conjoined twins. Have always had a strange obsession with them. I could probably go into detail about all the major documented cases over the past 10 years.

Anything having to do with the ear, nose and throat. Its gross but so interesting to me.

Ok so now its your turn. What strange things fascinate you?
People who invent different identities and manage to fool people with some sort of tragic story: Anthony Godby Johnson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Godby_Johnson and Tania Head http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tania_Head but to name 2. It's the fact they would fabricate something so horrifiying.

serial killers when I was younger, not now. It gives me nightmares now if I read about it.

It's their abnormal psychology that's so fascinating to me. I feel guilty if I hurt someone's feelings, so imagining killing someone is just over-the-top unimaginable.

It's their abnormal psychology that's so fascinating to me. I feel guilty if I hurt someone's feelings, so imagining killing someone is just over-the-top unimaginable.

well I could read about it as a teenager and be horror struck but fasinated now, even a mean film makes me upset. People change I suppose.

The supernatural and forensics. Not together. Tho why not...that'd be a one of my stranger fascinations! :p

Sex. I want to be a sex therapist.

It's not the act of sex I find fascinating, it's the psychology behind it.

Suicide, the thoughts and emotions behind it.

And...The Gallagher Brothers :horny:

As in, you've felt those emotions or you've never felt them and you're curious about them?

Because I think there are a lot of Moz fans who could tell you allllll about it.

How things are made. I love when a show breaks down an assembly line and describes it.
And I am fascinated by ingrown hairs, actually everything involving skin. Burns, moles, hair distribution, scars. There's certainly other things I'm not thinking of.

As in, you've felt those emotions or you've never felt them and you're curious about them?

Because I think there are a lot of Moz fans who could tell you allllll about it.

As in, I have felt them and have been hospitalized for suicide attempts, but I enjoy studying about other people who have those feelings/have followed through.

Tags
twins are not freaks
Back
Top Bottom