Stella McCartney - Leather free shoes for Morrissey

MAKING MENSWEAR WITH STELLA MCCARTNEY - Prestige Online
With her debut collection of sustainable menswear, Stella McCartney shows the world why she is the thinking man's choice.

BY THERESA HAROLD ON JANUARY 9, 2017

Excerpt:

“Their shoes should be cooler than a conventional pair of shoes made out of dead cows. I feel it’s really the right time to bring that into men’s wardrobes, because they do not have anyone designing in a conscious way for them.

“The first pair of vegetarian shoes that I designed and made were for Morrissey, because he asked me to make him some stylish shoes. He’s so cool from head to – and then it comes to toe, and you’re like, ‘What have you got on your feet?’ Because there was no option for him.”

But it’s important to note that this isn’t just a collection for men at Morrissey levels of activism. This is, first and foremost, clothes men want to wear. Right on cue, two male models walk to where McCartney and I are sitting. They’re demonstrating a couple of looks from the new range, as McCartney gestures and talks me through the pieces.

39541_Dapper-style-is-guaranteed-with-Stella-McCartney-s-debut-menswear-collection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent 2 minutes of my life looking at this picture to find something of worth in it. And just as I was about to give up, I saw the Radiohead Kid A LP in the upper right, and knew my mission had been accomplished.

Everything else in this picture is trying way to hard to be cool, by not being cool, but then being cool.

If making menswear is your passion, bless your heart.

I've really liked a lot of Stella's design stuff in the past so I was hoping these shoes would be cool. Gulp! They are pretty baaaaad.

The have "vegetarian" [PVC] shoes for men at PayLess. They're cheap, but they're sturdy. I wore them in high school.

I wouldn't wear those sandals even if I was a sex tourist on holiday in Cambodia. Really? Sandals and socks are just a f***ing no-no. Paul McCartneys daughter will not convince me otherwise.
Nonce-sense

Bet they're so comfy when it's pissing it down :head-smack:
Sorry Stella but they're errrr shit.
Make me laugh even more and tell me how much :laughing: to look like a prick.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I wouldn't wear those sandals if Jesus himself wore them.

Or Mo.
Would be a nice combination with the sigar.
In his Bruce Lee shirt, slightly hinting at a Jimmy Savile impersonation.
Just to wrong-foot people.
But of course, He was not put on this earth just to wrong-foot people.
Oh Moz, sigh. :rolleyes:

I don't know some of it didn't look to bad. That scarf and almost all of the shoes and Sandler I wasn't a fan of though. Mostly it just seems like to much all at once though. Also wonder if that's the monsters of folk record in the lower corner

The model to the right doesn't look very pleased to have been put in a massive scarf that says "member" on it.

That scarf is bad but the rest isn't terrible. of the two I can see none seem to be wearing belts which would have especially helped the guy dressed in the all purple suit (I think it's his haircut that bothers me most) by breaking it up a bit. A solid black belt to match his shirt would have been nice. Same with the guy in his left though his main problem seems to be the color combination. Charcoal pants with a purple shirt is a no. Khaki or even a pair of dark blue jeans would have been better and made it look more American mid western which is the vibe I got from the outfit. Guy in the dark suit really looked fine but maybe tone down the shoulder pads. Probably how he's sitting but it made his shoulders look higher than his chin. Liked his shirt though. Funny enough the shoes were not that great. If you're gonna wear sandals and wear socks with sandals don't wear white socks with sandals and long pants only with shorts. Wear black or brown in order to try and make it more subtle and not to draw the eye straight down. My ultimate advice would be to avoid wearing a suit and sandals altogether though.

I wouldn't wear those sandals even if I was a sex tourist on holiday in Cambodia. Really? Sandals and socks are just a f***ing no-no. Paul McCartneys daughter will not convince me otherwise.
Nonce-sense

I wear sandals in and around me house, different sort, but indeed no socks.

Where have you all been? Americans have been doing it for years. I reckon with all the rain in theUK you aren't able to do this.

I reckon they look like proper Brit/Euro tourists in Southern California with their sandals and socks or NY Giants Football players. So I reckon along with being top mental Yankee fans with all you lots Yankee caps, are you Brits Giant fans too?

My teenage daughter wears socks with sandals. I Cringe everytime. She says everyone at school does. However they are the more sporty black ones, like Nike. Not brown.

I would rather have my feet amputated than wear these hideous things.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom