Statement by morrissey in hot press on queen's visit to ireland

How many innocent people has the british army maimed and murdered??? All over the world??
Bobby Sands RIP

Where did i say i supported the British Army murdering innocent people? If Morrissey comes out in support of army atrocities then i will condemn him then as well.

You however, are clearly happy to toast the deaths of old men and women at a war memorial, children in Warrington et all.

Where did i say i supported the British Army murdering innocent people? If Morrissey comes out in support of army atrocities then i will condemn him then as well.

You however, are clearly happy to toast the deaths of old men and women at a war memorial, children in Warrington et all.

If from what I wrote, you conclude that ^, then you are clearly delusional. That's OK, you will probably still lead a full life.

Either that, or you're just looking for an internet argument. You are not yet sufficiently interesting to merit my efforts in that direction, but please don't hesitate to reapply. :rolleyes:

If from what I wrote, you conclude that ^, then you are clearly delusional. That's OK, you will probably still lead a full life.

Either that, or you're just looking for an internet argument. You are not yet sufficiently interesting to merit my efforts in that direction, but please don't hesitate to reapply. :rolleyes:

I was very clearly referring to post 38. In fact i quoted it, so f*** knows why you thought i was talking to you.

Thanks... :(

Dave

Sorry Dave;

I was referrring to the practise of licking the Queen's head when applying a postage stamp to an envelope. I should have said windowlicking.

The plot thickens:

Didn't Gadaffi bankroll the IRA that Bobby Sands was a (ex) member of?
Along with a certain other country on the other side of the Atlantic?
Has anyone seen that film The Hunger by Steve McQueen about Mr Sands and the IRA hunger strikers? Not that Steve McQueen

Hooray The Daily Mail have picked the story up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-likens-Queen-Gaddafi.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Expect Middle England to be outraged anytime soon.

I particularly like this comment:

"I fought Morrissey was 1 of us you know cuz he hates immigrants and the blacks and loves animals but turns out he's an IRA terrorist himself. I won't be listening to any of his miserable records ever again. Gay confused pr*ck"

Ah, Mozza. Everytime I type his name into Google, a recent news article about him comes up. I remember the 'subspecies' fiasco, killing stags being as abhorrent as killing children and now we learn that the Queen's existence is the same as Gadaffi's. It was also amusing to see that Morrissey's concerns about David Cameron lay almost entirely with the problem of hunting.

He doesn't half make his points in a controversial way, does he? I'm no royalist, but come on.

The articles about a new album (not the compilation) and the autobiography are quite nice, though. I'm especially looking forward to hearing some new musical material. I hope it's outstanding-Morrissey rather than good-Morrissey.

I was very clearly referring to post 38. In fact i quoted it, so f*** knows why you thought i was talking to you.

Very sorry, dude. I can't see quotes, pics, videos. I always hit "reply with quote," but it never works. My offer still stands, tho.

Has anyone actually bought the issue yet? It hit the shops today apparently.

It would be nice if someone could scan or summarise the piece. I assume the quotes so far are excerpts.

Morrissey has made himself look a proper f***wit with this one. Does he ever actually think about what he's saying before he opens his mouth?

Has anyone actually bought the issue yet? It hit the shops today apparently.

It would be nice if someone could scan or summarise the piece. I assume the quotes so far are excerpts.

Joe, I just had a look at Hot Press on my late lunch break and the piece consists of what Punky posted originally, nothing more, nothing less. The rest of the magazine is the usual dreary ultra-liberal bolloxology so beloved of HP writers. Save your money, kids. :thumb:

So there's not even a pic of Moz in the magazine?

There is, but it's a small and well-known one. Morrissey's name is featured on the cover very prominently, so it's all a bit misleading.

The most prominent cover headline is "Bono on Obama", three words guaranteed to strike terror into anybody's heart and mind..

Joe, I just had a look at Hot Press on my late lunch break and the piece consists of what Punky posted originally, nothing more, nothing less. The rest of the magazine is the usual dreary ultra-liberal bolloxology so beloved of HP writers. Save your money, kids. :thumb:

I saw a police incident on my late lunch break. :thumb:

Hooray The Daily Mail have picked the story up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-likens-Queen-Gaddafi.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Expect Middle England to be outraged anytime soon.

I particularly like this comment:

"I fought Morrissey was 1 of us you know cuz he hates immigrants and the blacks and loves animals but turns out he's an IRA terrorist himself. I won't be listening to any of his miserable records ever again. Gay confused pr*ck"

Thank you for this quote, I never read the Daily Vile, thus I would have never found it myself- it does take a while for people of this ilk to "get it"...if, indeed, they ever really do.
Reading this though has made my day...it has almost made reading all the bitching about Morrissey and the vile comments from one of the anonymous folk, the twit who made the "paki-hell uk" remark (has he not been banned yet, if not why?)Worthwhile.

I am not a Morrissey apologist, he wouldn't employ me (I sent my CV),..and god knows some of what he say is silly,at times, BUT at least when he says what he says he does so in his own name.
These nameless people who can come on here and spread lies and racist,homophobic remarks should be stamped out...if you're not ready to be accountable then keep quite- or be made to.

Even though I can understand why people moan and get upset about Moz, I still find it remarkable that these very same people, still spend hour after hour on here... I quite like him and I only pop in now and again (thank goodness the world screams).

Lastly, I disagree when people say he is JUST aiming for publicity with his latest moan in Hot Press (even if he was so what, he is only a pop star),though I would say that the Queen was defiantly ONLY going to Ireland for publicity.
I wouldn't say Morrissey was pro IRA as such, he just speaks from a certain kind of Catholic upbringing, for that I am thankful, Mary and Joseph (though I am biased, as I come from a similar place), as it is this Catholic base that Moz has drawn most of his aesthetic, moral and poetic mind scape.

Morrissey, has commented about the IRA,Thatcher, The Queen and The Irish struggle a few times before (both in print and in song). His recent view points should really be of little surprise

Cheers Ghostie, I guessed it might be something like that - ie a rip-off. So that's what constitutes an "article" for HP these days?

ps ~ "bolloxology"? :thumb: Saved and retained for future use.

Back
Top Bottom