Statement by morrissey in hot press on queen's visit to ireland

punky

The Very Existence of the Queen Is Against Any Notion of Democracy

16 May 2011

This is just one of a number of compelling charges set down by Morrissey in an article written for Hot Press, to coincide with the Queen's visit to Ireland

The Queen's visit to Ireland is part of a new Palace PR campaign to re-invent the Windsors. The message from the Queen will be the same as ever: who we are born to is more important than what we achieve in life.

It should be remembered by the Irish people that as recently as the turn of the 1980s the Queen supported Margaret Thatcher by not dismissing Thatcher as she allowed hunger strikers to die at the Maze Prison, most famously Bobby Sands, who was 27 years old. As Sands starved to death in protest at being tagged a 'criminal' and not a 'political prisoner' by the Thatcher government, the Queen sat in her Palace and said nothing. If the Queen had any human feelings for the Sands family or other hunger strikers then she did not express them.

The full meaning of the Monarchy is, like the Queen herself, a complete mystery to most people. It is protected from any investigations by ridiculous stories of trivia and wedding dresses and on-again-off-again soap-drama romances. The most revealing statement came from Commander Christine Jones of the Metropolitan Police last month, when she warned that any British people carrying anti-royal placards who are "seen in the vicinity of the royal wedding would be removed under the Public Order Act." This means that any political dissent in England is silenced in order to protect the royals, which in itself goes against every principle of democracy.

The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she "rules", examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.

You won't be able to.

The Queen also has the power to give back the six counties to the Irish people, allowing Ireland to be a nation once again. The fact that she has not done so is Fascism in full flow. What else could it be? Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?

MORRISSEY

May 2011

The visit's too long, over 4 days, and includes poorly-judged stops, with a focus more on past violent flashpoints rather than on sites of equal collaborations where more civilised protests could be envisaged, though that's surely more apt for the English themselves. We have our own government now, God help us. But as the token President equivalent of England, and statesperson, who really has little to do with decisions, she's welcome as any other. All we need is a crazy radical to harm her and ruin our international reputation even more.

If only he'd have come good on that promise quarter of a century ago to let her hear him play piano! Words queen to queen, are harmless, left at that; reminders of more bitter days, even if qualifications could be added, and are, informatively and sympathetically in the comments section here:http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/05/16/morrissey-on-the-queens-visit-to-ireland/

grumblefish says: May 16, 2011 at 10:08 am
Sorry, Moz, I queued all night to buy The Queen Is Dead and it is faultless and impeachable, but QE2 could do nothing about Maggie; it’s the UK democratic system that keeps the monarchy in place, not the other way round. It was the IRA themselves who declared their actions to be a “war” and that prisoners should be treated as “political” – they knew the consequences of those decisions once they went up against a state like britain. There are far more powerful arguments against hereditary monarchy and peerage than invoking Bobby Sands. I don’t know if you have a vote or whether you exercise it in the UK, but I notice that those who did voted in Cameron and Clegg, for better or for worse and i seriously doubt they’re going to dump in the royal pool.

woesinger says: May 16, 2011 at 10:19 am

“Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?”

Northern Cyprus. The South Tyrol. Kaliningrad. Catalonia. The Basque country. The Krijina. Kosovo. The Crimea. Corsica. Transylvania. Trieste. Schleswig-Holstein. East Prussia. Bavaria. Baden-Wurtemburg. Hannover. Burgundy. Occitan. The Byzantine Empire.

Mr. Fixie says: May 16, 2011 at 11:09 am

Can we let them keep them- plus Longford & Roscommon too?

Chucky Airlaw says: May 16, 2011 at 11:14 am

I see where you’re going with this. Not bad, not bad at all. What about Leitrim? Ooh! and Cavan!
:lbf:

and now theres a bomb threat in central london connected to irish republican militants :crazy:

Bloody hell, sinking to a new low almost openly supporting the IRA :crazy:

Who, Morrissey? I didn't get that impression. Maybe I was just distracted that Moz apparently thinks the Queen has the authority to give Northern Ireland to the Republic. Amazing.

The article was quite reasonable up until the mention of "Gaddafi". It went off the rails after that.
This was the kind of material I brought up in the university thread.

Wow,I had no idea the Queen could fire the PM at will and give Northern Ireland to Ireland.
What a colossal waste of time learning about the Commons and House of Lords in my International Politics class just to be lied to.

I suspect his rant about the Queen is a platform in which he can speak freely, using the symbolism of the Queen's facism, about something, some ill-will in his personal life that is not so easily freely discussable. Morrissey's not a dumbass about politics, he's talking about something else, some other injustice that he has to discuss delicately.

Surely that would be less logical. If someone felt that personal issues in their life could be better addressed by writing an open letter to the Queen that would be a lot worse than if they were simply having a rant.

I don't even know what Morrissey's education is and don't care, but I don't see him learning this type of thing because he'd have been too busy making his little fanzines at the time. The facts don't matter anyway. The Queen makes up her own facts. He should have said that she should be overthrown like Mubarak and buried next to bin Laden. Then it would be clear.

I wonder if the man will sing this song on the upcoming tour:

Could you go a chicken supper, Bobby Sands?
Could you go a chicken supper, you dirty fenian f***er!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands???

A lovely little ditty I'm sure you'll agree...

Surely that would be less logical. If someone felt that personal issues in their life could be better addressed by writing an open letter to the Queen that would be a lot worse than if they were simply having a rant.

I don't even know what Morrissey's education is and don't care, but I don't see him learning this type of thing because he'd have been too busy making his little fanzines at the time. The facts don't matter anyway. The Queen makes up her own facts. He should have said that she should be overthrown like Mubarak and buried next to bin Laden. Then it would be clear.

If I had a dollar for every accusation of Morrissey being illogical in his career and tour schedule, I could go to the dentist. Morrissey communicates with uniformed band members, backdrops, lead-in music and setlists. He communicates with rereleases of songs he;s already sung in new orders. He communicates with album photos and movie subjects. He communicates through metaphor. He has an agenda he doesn't just openly discuss, he's on a mission. To pick as a subject the symbolic queen herself to throw under the bus as she visits his homeland is a quite logical thing for him to do, as illogical as it seems. It's just a theory, just ignore me. :rolleyes:

It's not about Morrissey being illogical. That is a given. I don't actually think he's stupid either. The truth is more boring than what his statement seems to imply he believes regarding the queen's refusal to dismiss the PM. If he really wrote a factual analysis of the situation it would get a lot less attention. He's a pop star. We don't vote for him except in sales and he's already polarized everyone so he's got nothing to lose by heaping it on the queen. Maybe he meant just that the Queen ought to have shown some feelings over the situation.

It really is strange how she gets to retreat from that, never address issues, rarely speak to the public.

I wonder if the man will sing this song on the upcoming tour:

Could you go a chicken supper, you dirty fenian f***er!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands???

A lovely little ditty I'm sure you'll agree...

I think we have just sunk to new depths of depravity, boys and girls.
Shame is very much the name.

The Very Existence of the Queen Is Against Any Notion of Democracy

16 May 2011

This is just one of a number of compelling charges set down by Morrissey in an article written for Hot Press, to coincide with the Queen's visit to Ireland

The Queen's visit to Ireland is part of a new Palace PR campaign to re-invent the Windsors. The message from the Queen will be the same as ever: who we are born to is more important than what we achieve in life.

It should be remembered by the Irish people that as recently as the turn of the 1980s the Queen supported Margaret Thatcher by not dismissing Thatcher as she allowed hunger strikers to die at the Maze Prison, most famously Bobby Sands, who was 27 years old. As Sands starved to death in protest at being tagged a 'criminal' and not a 'political prisoner' by the Thatcher government, the Queen sat in her Palace and said nothing. If the Queen had any human feelings for the Sands family or other hunger strikers then she did not express them.

The full meaning of the Monarchy is, like the Queen herself, a complete mystery to most people. It is protected from any investigations by ridiculous stories of trivia and wedding dresses and on-again-off-again soap-drama romances. The most revealing statement came from Commander Christine Jones of the Metropolitan Police last month, when she warned that any British people carrying anti-royal placards who are "seen in the vicinity of the royal wedding would be removed under the Public Order Act." This means that any political dissent in England is silenced in order to protect the royals, which in itself goes against every principle of democracy.

The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she "rules", examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.

You won't be able to.

The Queen also has the power to give back the six counties to the Irish people, allowing Ireland to be a nation once again. The fact that she has not done so is Fascism in full flow. What else could it be? Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?

MORRISSEY

May 2011

Is this the real or fake Morrissey? Sounds like his special guest may well be David Icke!

He makes some valid points but should a second-generation Irish immigrant be espousing to those who still live in Ireland about the wickedness of the evil House of Windsor?

And Tesco Mary from the XFactor is singing for the Queen which puts the whole thing into perspective really

Back
Top Bottom