Spring 2019 Canada Tour (8 dates) announced

UPDATE:

9th show added:

Vancouver Orpheum Theatre - second show added (Apr. 14, 2019)

Just got notification that Moz is playing in Toronto at the Sony Centre on April 26, 2019 and April 27, 2019!
looks like many other dates lined up too...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1021-morrissey

**EDIT** ticketmaster page: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Other Canada dates on sale Feb. 22:

Apr. 15 - Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver, BC
Apr. 17 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
Apr. 18 - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, AB
Apr. 20 - TCU Place, Saskatoon, SK
Apr. 22 - Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg, MB
Apr. 29 - MTELUS, Montreal, QC

46263_canada_2019.jpg

Morrissey Announces Canadian Tour / April 2019 - Vents Magazine

Excerpt:

In what promises to be the start of a worldwide tour, Morrissey has announced his 1st full Canadian Tour in almost 20 years. The 8 date run, set to start in Vancouver at the historic Orpheum Theatre on April 15th, and will take the artist across Canada, to end in Montreal on April 29th.

Tickets to the Canadian shows, which will be promoted by AEG Concerts, will go on sale this coming Friday morning at 10am. Tickets can be purchased here:

http://showsnear.by/MorrisseyCANTour

A portion of proceeds from all of the tour’s ticket sales will benefit the following charities of Morrissey’s choice, as the artist continues his stand for animal rights and organizations that support animal welfare.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
how come they're for sale at stubhub now if they don't go on sale until friday?! and they want my phone number, and I don't have a phone--is that the only way to get a ticket? this is all so confusing. why is this all so needlessly confusing. I just want to see my baby bear, that's all I want! :(
Stubhub is selling the presale tickets that were bought.

For Morrissey’s upcoming tour — which begins in Vancouver April 15 and ends in Montreal April 29 — the opinionated and often controversial musician, who shot to fame in the 80s as frontman for The Smiths and released his last solo album, Low in High School, in 2017, has selected the following organizations to support:

Toronto Chicken Save; Toronto Cow Save; Toronto Fish Save; Toronto Fur Animal Save; Vancouver Chicken Save; Vancouver Fur Animal Save; Winnipeg Chicken Save; Ottawa Farmed Animal Save; Newfoundland Fur Animal Save; Manitoba Pig Save; Hamilton Animal Save; Calgary Cow Save; Alberta Farm Animal and Horse Save; Regina Pig Save; and Nova Scotia Mink and Fox Save.

https://www.samaritanmag.com/news/m...anada-tour-will-support-15-animal-save-groups

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Second show added

I stand by what I said.

A bunch of scalpers buying tickets doesn't mean 'fans'. A bunch of middle-aged wino couples with enough money to go to a concert (because there's nothing else to do in Vancouver) doesn't mean 'fans'. And a bunch of teenagers who watched or read "Perks of Being a Wallflower" doesn't mean 'fans'.

I'm just grumpy because I have never met someone who knew more than TCM or TLOTFIP. I wore Smiths shirts to highschool every day and only a couple substitute teachers ever even knew who they were.

When I flew to LA to see him live in 2014, walking through Disneyland with a Moz t-shirt, must've been dozens of people who made comments like "love Morrissey!" or "nice shirt!"

Obviously I don't know everybody and what music they listen to in their private life.

Another example; many times I have made obvious Moz references in my Grindr profile, and not a single person has ever commented on it. A Morrissey fan would say something: ANYthing.

True, it's been almost 10 years since I graduated highschool and maybe things have changed.

Still, I would love to be friends with a Morrissey fan. I guess that's why I come to this site, because I can't find any. (all my boyfriends have 'liked' Morrissey when I play him, but still have to feel embarrassed when certain songs play. )

Eight concerts..... You call that A Tour?....
Seriously?
You must be very desperate to cling to it

The site troll is clearly oblivious to the fact that there are loads of tickets on the official sites still available for 5 of the now 9 gigs announced. Even in a country where he hasn't played for 20 years and has picked venues with an average of 2500 capacity, he can't sell out in a couple of hours like he used to.

Last edited:
The site bore always looking for the downside in everything.
Did you see the venues where Moz last played in Canada?
And did you count the tickets sold there and then?

The site bore always looking for the downside in everything.
Did you see the venues where Moz last played in Canada?
And did you count the tickets sold there and then?

Not counting anything, you click on the tour section on this site and then the venue and all the available tickets pop up. I'm sure they will be sold out by the time of the tour, my point is he doesn't sell out in a couple of hours like he used to.

I assume you are referring to other members on this site? I am not them, but perhaps we share a similar opinion on latter day Moz. I used to be a frequent poster on here, but due my ever growing disappointment in Morrissey's music (and the man himself) I haven't posted in a number of years. When I heard the news of the Canadian tour, I thought I'd poke my head back in to see the reaction. I'm still shocked to see anyone that is interested in Morrissey's music nowadays- it's so truly awful. I've no idea how anyone could listen to and love The Smiths or Morrissey's solo output from the prior century and then listen to anything from the last 5 years (at least) and not think it is anything other than complete rubbish. It's worse than boring (which is what typically happens to great artists over time who simply lose their edge), it's offensive, absolutely cringeworthy stuff. I suspect that the crowd must be quite young at this point with a few ardently loyal and/or deluded over 30s thrown in. Sad.
How patronizing. I respect your opinion, but I'm not a deluded hanger-on for having a different one. Moz has made a conscious decision on these last two albums to step out of his comfort zone, which is more than one can say about most aging artists. I love both Low in High School and World Peace. I love Strangeways far more, of course, but the two recent albums do mean something to me in their own rights. In my opinion, there's still something wonderful there.

That is a bad point, because compare it to the last time he played Canada and how quickly he sold out then.
Then you could have a point.

I stand by what I said.

A bunch of scalpers buying tickets doesn't mean 'fans'. A bunch of middle-aged wino couples with enough money to go to a concert (because there's nothing else to do in Vancouver) doesn't mean 'fans'. And a bunch of teenagers who watched or read "Perks of Being a Wallflower" doesn't mean 'fans'.

I'm just grumpy because I have never met someone who knew more than TCM or TLOTFIP. I wore Smiths shirts to highschool every day and only a couple substitute teachers ever even knew who they were.

When I flew to LA to see him live in 2014, walking through Disneyland with a Moz t-shirt, must've been dozens of people who made comments like "love Morrissey!" or "nice shirt!"

Obviously I don't know everybody and what music they listen to in their private life.

Another example; many times I have made obvious Moz references in my Grindr profile, and not a single person has ever commented on it. A Morrissey fan would say something: ANYthing.

True, it's been almost 10 years since I graduated highschool and maybe things have changed.

Still, I would love to be friends with a Morrissey fan. I guess that's why I come to this site, because I can't find any. (all my boyfriends have 'liked' Morrissey when I play him, but still have to feel embarrassed when certain songs play. )

You’re a wrong-un.

That is a bad point, because compare it to the last time he played Canada and how quickly he sold out then.
Then you could have a point.

We will never know but I remember his first tour there and in Vancouver he played the Pacific Coliseum, which is a huge venue.

How many Canadian dates were on that tour?
Now there are 8. You have to add up the numbers.

In London he has also played from Earls Court or Wembley to BA or Battersea Power Station, you know.

So with ticket-bastard's euphemistic, "whoops, I cannot find any tickets at this time" on their website, are all these shows sold out?

I was thinking of flying north for the last three shows but it appears my hope is lost.

So with ticket-bastard's euphemistic, "whoops, I cannot find any tickets at this time" on their website, are all these shows sold out?

I was thinking of flying north for the last three shows but it appears my hope is lost.
There are tickets. There's StubHub too.

If you click on the tour tab on this site and then the locations it takes you straight to the available tickets, Toronto and Montreal are sold out by the look of things but all other venues have tickets available including the additional night in Vancouver.

Hello,
The following SEAT PLAN link might be helpful to those of you wanting tickets to Calgary or Edmonton shows. They both have identical venues and are rather confusing, especially if the ticketmaster virtual seating map is inaccessible. There is also a pdf of the 'seating map'. as well as view from different seats. http://www.jubileeauditorium.com/Performances/SeatingPlans

Tags
canada tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom