Spoken Word Video: Morrissey 'The Bullfighter Dies'

It's beautiful.

Thanks for finding it on youtube Viva, I couldn't see the vimeo one.

I didn't find it. I uploaded it. Just like I uploaded the "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" promo.

You can't see it on vimeo because it has been made private. The video wasn't meant to be seen yet.

strange... I was just on Vimeo and saw the WPINOYB spoken word with Nancy Sinatra and now it is gone.... ~Frost

So are we now thinking that 'The Bullfighter Dies' is getting released as a single? If so, is it taking the place of either 'Istanbul' or 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'?

Excellent!

He'll never be Shatner....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like this song and would like to make it yourself, you will need: a pencil, some paper, a map of Spain, and ten minutes.

If you like this song and would like to make it yourself, you will need: a pencil, some paper, a map of Spain, and ten minutes.

I'm lazy and I don't have the time, but I was wondering if all the places mentioned in the song do indeed have bull-rings? i know about the Barcelona one, I've driven past it, but what about the other places?

P.

I'm lazy and I don't have the time, but I was wondering if all the places mentioned in the song do indeed have bull-rings? i know about the Barcelona one, I've driven past it, but what about the other places?

P.

Bullfighting is now banned in Catalonia - so the Barcelona ring is redundant. Madrid and Seville are the two main centres of bullfighting.

So are we now thinking that 'The Bullfighter Dies' is getting released as a single? If so, is it taking the place of either 'Istanbul' or 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'?

It looks very likely now and I'm looking forward to it! :)

P.

There are hundreds of bullrings in Spain. How many are in use I don't know. There's definitely one in Valencia. I drove past it. It's a very beautiful building.

Few song lyrics sound great when spoken. Bullfighter seems a little trite by the standards we know Morrissey can achieve. If he is saying the normal reaction of people who have seen a bullfight is that they want the bull to win that seems to me to be blindingly obvious. Youtube videos of a Matador getting walloped are very popular, and hugely enjoyable.

I remember a great quote from Morrissey in the 1987 South Bank Show talking about the state of pop music and saying that it was one of "little depth, shall we say?" The first two from this album are no exception.

Perhaps in the context of the album both World Peace and Bullfighter will shine, but the spoken word versions don't really do much but reveal the author attaches an importance to them that on the face of it they might not have.

I still find it a little strange that after a good few live shows just three tracks have been revealed. Isn't that a bit unusual?

There are hundreds of bullrings in Spain. How many are in use I don't know. There's definitely one in Valencia. I drove past it. It's a very beautiful building.

Few song lyrics sound great when spoken. Bullfighter seems a little trite by the standards we know Morrissey can achieve. If he is saying the normal reaction of people who have seen a bullfight is that they want the bull to win that seems to me to be blindingly obvious. Youtube videos of a Matador getting walloped are very popular, and hugely enjoyable.

I remember a great quote from Morrissey in the 1987 South Bank Show talking about the state of pop music and saying that it was one of "little depth, shall we say?" The first two from this album are no exception.

Perhaps in the context of the album both World Peace and Bullfighter will shine, but the spoken word versions don't really do much but reveal the author attaches an importance to them that on the face of it they might not have.

I can't say I'm too surprised to find Barleycorn talking bull...

I still find it a little strange that after a good few live shows just three tracks have been revealed. Isn't that a bit unusual?

Not really. The album isn't even out until mid-July. There will be more in the set-list if there's a tour around that time.

Personally I hope he only previews one or two more at most; I'd rather wait to hear the new songs in their studio incarnations first.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom