"Spent The Day In Bed" official video; London, LA pop-up shops; UK and Europe dates TBA - NME

Morrissey unveils ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ video starring Joey Barton and announces pop-up shops - NME

'
Spend The Day In Camden'

Morrissey has unveiled the new video for comeback single ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ starring footballer Joey Barton. He’s also announced details of special pop-up shops for fans.

Last month, the footballer shared a photo of his time with Morrissey and revealed that they’d been shooting a video together. Now, he’s shared the official clip for the launch single of his comeback album ‘Low In High School’.

Filmed at the 142 year-old Peckham Liberal Club, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ was directed by Sophie Muller (Beyoncé, Kings Of Leon, Blur, The Killers and Annie Lennox), and shows Barton pushing a typically deadpan Morrissey around in a wheelchair. The video also features artist David Hoyle.

Meanwhile, Morrissey has also announced details of special pop-up shops in London and LA to mark the release of his new album – offering ‘exclusive media and merchandise’.

The first shop will be open in London on Friday 17 – Sunday 19 November at Provender Building, Camden Market, NW1 8AH and will open at 8am on Friday 17. A second will also open for Stateside fans at 8250 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048.

40963_Morrissey-MFL-FM_A2Poster_London-v2_1000-649x920.jpg

Featuring ‘the most Morrissey tracklist ever‘ and lead single ‘Spent The Day In Bed‘, Morrissey’s 11th solo album ‘Low In High School’ will be released on November 17.

UK and European tour dates are expected to be announced in the weeks ahead.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the video at all..the location is cool and really looks good..the drag queen at the end..he should have danced with her on stage. This video could have gone in so many directions.

I don't understand the video at all..the location is cool and really looks good..the drag queen at the end..he should have danced with her on stage. This video could have gone in so many directions.

what drag queen ?

Yes agree with you
It's rather spent the day on scene ⇒ Video for Jacky song
But I'm glad to see this first official video.

I hate to be that guy but....

I hope Morrissey never puts out another album.

The last 3 albums (though I tried to buy into the marketing) all sucked. B-sides on I am the Quarry better than any song on the album.

I have the opportunity to see Moz in 'smaller' venues soon and I am done.

While the 'Kill Uncle' album sounded like shit, the touring band worked that into shape and was the last time Moz had a proper band. (sorry Boz, and I know it isn't your decision).

He's made it embarrassing to be a long time fan.

The last 3 albums (though I tried to buy into the marketing) all sucked. B-sides on I am the Quarry better than any song on the album.

While the 'Kill Uncle' album sounded like shit, the touring band worked that into shape and was the last time Moz had a proper band. (sorry Boz, and I know it isn't your decision).

Bye bye then

I think the character in make up is a nod to good old Pete Burns who passed on last year. I remember years ago an English friend of mine telling me about how Pete and Mozz were friends for a long time in the Smiths days.
Pete had to have been asked about that repeatedly through the years but to my knowledge never gave up any details or said a bad word about Morrissey. He did say they disagreed over Petes fur coats, but even that made Mozz seem good and earnest. Pete took it all to the grave with him when he didnt have to. He knew he cold have made headlines talking about Morrissey but chose not to. There is a wisdom and dignity in that. Sorry about my crap writing. Enjoy the new record. Peace.

I believe this video is dream content oriented. I love that. The world needs Pete Burns dearly but we can meaningfully conger him in a dream as Morrissey may have. The video is a dream. No more no less. That footballer is smokin hot. Peace.

I hate to be that guy but...

Go suck a big one.

I’m amazed how many jump to the “disability” conclusion with the wheelchair. I just took it as an elderly being pushed around by his male nurse/minder into the common room, where a little show is put on.

Sad to say but Mozzer can't act. Should have got Dirk Bogarde to play him.

Moz knows he can't act. Fans know that Moz can't act. This has been the funny thing about all of his videos. He can't make good ones, so he makes hilarious ones.

I think he is supposed to be insane and is being wheeled around in a world only he can see. Maybe the drag queen isn't really there. When he's being wildly pushed back and forth and around in circles, maybe it's the other patients being aggressive. Kind of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but not really...

I don't know. I've only watched it once. Maybe there is no meaning at all.

the sound in the beginning sounds like a railway or tubeway, as some wrote, the video should've been made,or at least running when it was released, as Morrissey usually did.

I get a bit nervous about the album, if it's as good as he says....

Hmmm...

Autobiography was released October 17, too. At first I thought it was a Wilde thing, but Oscar's birthday is October 16.

Hmmm...

Autobiography was released October 17, too. At first I thought it was a Wilde thing, but Oscar's birthday is October 16.

Well, it was Tuesday. All new releases fall on Tuesday. Right?

Okay. I'm sticking with the Wilde theory, then, and that's why the video came out so late.

Or maybe...:rolleyes:

wow! could this be mozzers sexiest video of all time! im saying yes!

oh no, wait. second sexiest because there's the sexy man of god one.

ew, why am i using the word sexy?

i love you mozzerrrrrrrrrr. im sorry im not going to your concert, i kind of regret it now that you've come out with all this wondeful stuff and im realizing anew just how much i fancy you, but ive got so much on my plate at the moment! you see im writing a biography on klaus nomi! (would you like to sponsor me?? just kidding. but seriously, posterity would thank you. maybe you've got some connections that would be helpful, hmmmm? we could even write it together if you really want!). also, if im going to be perfectly honest part of the reason i wasnt going was that i was a bit resentful reading the what morrissey fans do you hate thread of all the fans who get special treatment. ANYway! i hope you wont miss me too much in seattle! when november 2 rolls around ill be thinking of youuuuuu. mwah!

I believe this video is dream content oriented. I love that. The world needs Pete Burns dearly but we can meaningfully conger him in a dream as Morrissey may have. The video is a dream. No more no less. That footballer is smokin hot. Peace.

This video made me think about an oniric situation too. Yes, he's hot.

Get a grip on yourself: it's a music video, a f***ing advert. Try to keep things in proportion.

And, just for once, do you think you could possibly do everybody a favour and try to sound less pretentious? Less is more.
as i have told you several times now, i have no intention to do stalkers like you any favor. get an education and then possibly there will be someone opening his or her legs for you. do you need any more advice? f*** off now, and stop stalking me.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom