"Spent The Day In Bed" first single - will be premiered on BBC 6 Music Shaun Keaveny, Sep. 19

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT:

Posted by JoeSellMozza:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

BBC 6 Music breakfast DJ Shaun Keaveny said on his show this morning that he will be playing "new Morrissey music" on his programme tomorrow after 8am GMT.

Posted by javert:

Update - It shall be on at 8:40 am

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost certainly some of the lyrics on the album will be ages old, having waited for the right music (or being used out of laziness, depending which side of the fence you stand). I believe One of Our Own, for example, was written years before WPINOYB.

It's true, that.
"One of our own"appeared in a list of supposed songs, or song titles, unreleased, many years ago. I believe around YOR.
Don't know who posted it.

at last a record company who want to get him and his music out there for people to hear.

"No bus, No boss, No rain, No train".

Trying to stay positive but !!! The line above reminds of lazy bullfighter lyrics like "Ill in Seville, Ga ga in Malaga, Lonely in Barcelona, Mad in Madrid etc etc.
If Steve and BMG are premiering "Spent The Day In Bed" as the best track off the album on 6 music breakfast it's not looking good (in my opinion). I hope I'm wrong.
Should be very lively on here tomorrow I think.

#no fax, no tax, no meat, no tweet

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Remember my face and not my fate !

It still remains profoundly daft to announce not playing live in the UK again - to then only premiere a song on now 2 British radio stations.
No pre-song tweet.(one of sorts).
No BMG activity.
I'm sure there's some method to this madness, but it's not completely obvious.
It will all become clear tomorrow - possibly, maybe...
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
spending the day in bed is so depressing though

Hopefully "one of our own" technically savvy members will be able to record the broadcast for the rest of us. BTW, they are doing a good job of creating excitement and treating this like an event.

one more:
"no bus, no boss, no rain, no train" - you think you reign? are you insane and ready to meet your waterloo? yes you, you are going to die, squalling in pain, avec ou sans cocaine in your brain...
i stop now and go to bed. thank you for your attention.

waterloo? ! cocaine ?!

:lbf:

yes, bed may help you, we hope.

will probably be the old routine of release the WORST song off the album as the 1st single (DagDave, We hate it.. etc), throw the few interesting tracks away as b-sides (How Soon Is Now, Lost etc) and blame record company when fails to chart.

Spent the day in bed,
and now I dread
going out 'cause I have bed-head.

Spent the day in bed,
many tears I've shed
since I lost my indie cred.

Spent the day in bed,
wishing I were dead,
after Taylor Swift sampled Right Said Fred.

Spent the day in bed...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom