Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

í don't think Fabio Lovino took a duff shot of Moz. The 'new' one is a variant on the one used for the 2007 tour press ads ~

Morrissey ROTT tour press ad 2006.jpg

If you read "Autobiography" you would be aware of just how much he wanted the full length of his Tommy gun on display on the Quarry cover, and how aggrieved he was when various releases mysteriously curtailed it, without his permission. This time round it would appear he is making sure by squeezing the image to make it fit. It also makes it look like he weighs the same as he did in 1983. It's really quite silly. And the ruination of a fine Greg Gorman photgraph.

They won't sell more than 3000 copies of these worldwide, bets are open :)
These sleeves simply don't work, it is as if the least gifted art school student of a class was put in front of a computer to produce images from a sleeve.
day or night there's not difference, this is just too ugly

Taking into consideration the shape the world is in at the moment, these covers and Morrissey’s decision to use them should be the least of our concerns or at least don’t deserve the anger they are stirring up in some folks here.

As Johnny Marr would say ....

‘Get a grip’

:cool:
I really like the new Quarry cover. I always found it really irritating that the gun was cropped in the original. Now I can sleep for the first time in 16 years.

The Southpaw cover is cobblers.

Love the first picture (that star-spangled jacket is 🔥).

As album artwork both are completely unacceptable though. Especially the Southpaw one because it isn't even from the right era.

Last edited:
í don't think Fabio Lovino took a duff shot of Moz. The 'new' one is a variant on the one used for the 2007 tour press ads ~

View attachment 58846

If you read "Autobiography" you would be aware of just how much he wanted the full length of his Tommy gun on display on the Quarry cover, and how aggrieved he was when various releases mysteriously curtailed it, without his permission. This time round it would appear he is making sure by squeezing the image to make it fit. It also makes it look like he weighs the same as he did in 1983. It's really quite silly. And the ruination of a fine Greg Gorman photgraph.

Used on the cover/picture disc of I Just Want To See The Boy Happy as well.

hi_2006_boyhappy7_1.jpg

I would welcome the picture as an addition to the Ringleader "photographic booklet" but not as a Southpaw cover.

Last edited:
So many weird choices, like...WHY you'd pick a photo that has a pink/red-ish background and suddenly change it very poorly to white and with a lot of blurred spaces, LOOK AT THE STEREO LOGO RESOLUTION COMPARED TO THE IMAGE. Morrissey have so many great photos from the 90s, why they don't just pick one and put a f***ing duotone like the old singles and call it done. If, just IF we have something like the smiths artwork, it would sell like water :crazy:
please just spam the shit out of sam's twitter or ig to stop this madness

BMG - "You can get tae f*** if you think we're funding any more recordings, you're on your final warning as it is. Dredge up some stuff that's already had a re-release, and rummage down the back of the couch for something to include"

zQo78Zl.jpg

Two of the worst covers so far, awful, just plain awful. They do not reflect anything other than car boot sale karaoke cds!

BMG - "You can get tae f*** if you think we're funding any more recordings, you're on your final warning as it is. Dredge up some stuff that's already had a re-release, and rummage down the back of the couch for something to include"
I was wondering about this too. Some of us were musing earlier in the year about whether or not Morrissey and BMG had come to the end of their relationship. Do these reissues indicate that everything is rosy between M and BMG, or is the latter just trying to squeeze out an easy few quid before the inevitable divorce?

Quality control out of office ( reliable since the entry of Lil' Sammy). I bet, there will be no unheard tracks on both releases. Really! Just buy them because of their new artwork (LOL).

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn, publicación: 1987321375, miembro: 29320"]
... con el arma completamente erguida : lbf:
[/CITAR]
WAUU !!: besos cerrado:: besos cerrado::inocente::inocente:: guiño de lengua::lengua fuera:🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

True, true. Though even so, I can't imagine who is going to buy this? How many copies and different formats of a mediocre 25-year-old album does any fan need to have?

I assume that the huge interest is the digital market rather than physical copies.
Of course, people buys CDs and LPs, but most people use spotify or something similar... so it may make sense for BMG (when it comes to selling music, I assume BMG is wiser than anyone here who thinks he knows a lot about such thing).

LIHS singles were good.

I assume that the huge interest is the digital market rather than physical copies.
Of course, people buys CDs and LPs, but most people use spotify or something similar... so it may make sense for BMG (when it comes to selling music, I assume BMG is wiser than anyone here who thinks he knows a lot about such thing).
Do BMg get money for Spotify even though they don’t do anything

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom