Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

Continuity has been out of the window for a few years now, the “dog on a chain” cover with the image coming from the mid 2000s, which I perceived was an attempt at immortalised “youth”.
Which now makes little sense by using an image from the same era for an album released back in 1995!
It’s literally just slap a picture of Moz on a blank background, some shit typography and there you go, cheap and not so cheerful looking.

Except for that fold in the backdrop, these look great.

of course, hoping for some unreleased track too.

:pray::)
I think they look great too plus not everyone out there has these albums, rereleases aren't necessarily aimed at fans who already have the originals.

It's a fairly handsome Moz photo, at least.
Hard to understand why he wants to do this though - we're on to reissues of reissues at this point, and Southpaw was a crap album in the first place.

Amy has spoken
That’s it. SG was crap.
thsts the final verdict. She, the phantom of all knowledge.
There has never been a more pointless opinion that yours.

Southpaw Grammar reissue from 2009 has great artwork and tracklist . Who cares next one
The only album that needs to be reissued is World Peace ... with a new tracklist containing songs from the single disc version plus those from the deluxe version

While the artwork is atrocious, I am really looking forward to a Quarry vinyl reissue! I arrived late to the Morrissey Listening Party, I started with World Peace, and just have Quarry as a Mp3 download.

If THIS doesn't bring about an intervention, surely nothing else will

Will anyone who has the originals buy another copy just because its on a different label?
If it's the Southpaw expanded edition on vinyl then I will buy it as it was only released on CD in 2009. If they have nay sense the Quarry rerelease should have all the B sides on double vinyl which would give me a reason to buy it.

While the artwork is atrocious, I am really looking forward to a Quarry vinyl reissue! I arrived late to the Morrissey Listening Party, I started with World Peace, and just have Quarry as a Mp3 download.
Yeah and Quarry has basically been non existent on vinyl since its release. SG is consistently around $300 online for a vinyl copy. I agree the artwork is atrocious.

Truly atrocious covers. Quality control for anything image-related is concerned has gone down the shitter and drifted far out to sea.

And once these are out there are going to be, what, three different covers out there for Southpaw? Give me a f***ing break!

I can forgive the Southpaw artwork, just, even if the original artwork is some of the best. But good lord that YATQ looks absolutely awful.
I know. It looks like he's snapped his neck in the Quarry pic and what's with all the space on the right?
They should've resurrected the Japanese (correction Korean) sleeve. It's even better than the original.

IjbGFMyyf9jEiDt4Oe82EHRkPVkEMe7nEpJCGImS8nB7RmfwjCMvRVRpwwPjow_EKv2sv_-ZEwN0hn7QCuAhdlYg9pKu3Jk1y_UIDqd7gDc

Last edited:
I know. It looks like he's snapped his neck in the Quarry pic and what's with all the space on the right?
They should've resurrected the Japanese sleeve. It's even better than the original.

IjbGFMyyf9jEiDt4Oe82EHRkPVkEMe7nEpJCGImS8nB7RmfwjCMvRVRpwwPjow_EKv2sv_-ZEwN0hn7QCuAhdlYg9pKu3Jk1y_UIDqd7gDc

Wow, what was this from!?! Japan? I have the Japanese CD of Quarry and it’s the same as the original I believe but this looks great

Perhaps he's having these ridiculous sleeves done on purpose, just to piss off a certain segment of his fan base?

I think the original design for Quarry was wonderfully done and has aged very well despite having some distinctive traits of its era to it; always reminds me of the original Gucci pour Homme scent from the same period, kind of sweet and cinnamony with it's red-brown tonality and the nice Italian suit.

The Kenny Lane image on Southpaw is a of course a true classic, although if I remember well it was horribly stretched out somewhere on the inner sleeves, slightly reminiscent of the current attitude towards these designs...

So if anyone from BMG is on these boards ––– :bow:

How does BMG allow this??? How does a major record label allow cover art submissions from Morrissey's no talent nephew? Good lord, this is a new low!

How does BMG allow this??? How does a major record label allow cover art submissions from Morrissey's no talent nephew? Good lord, this is a new low!

We are no longer So Low. The artwork is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom