Songs about Jake

Vic Strangeways

Junior reMember Me
Hi guys,

Apart from Sunny, The Operation and Best Friend on the Payroll, are there the other songs about Jake?

Last edited:
Sunny isn't a song about Jake.

It's about Alain's half-brother (or step-brother) who lost his life for drug overdose.

Some people speculate The Operation is about Pete Burns.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Apart from Sunny, The Operation and Best Friend on the Payroll, are there the other songs about Jake?

I didn't realise they were. How do you know?

I have always thought 'Whatever happens I love you' is a beautiful love song and 'Come Back to Camden' is deeply moving.

I didn't realise they were. How do you know?

I have always thought 'Whatever happens I love you' is a beautiful love song and 'Come Back to Camden' is deeply moving.

live he changed one line "whatever happens" into "we wore each otherclothes"-on the boxerstour from the orginal "stole"
"pandora cocteau" noticed that Moz did wear that white jeans jacket on photoshots+private-you see that its slightly a number too small for him so it might eventually belong to Jake who did wear that white jacket at the record store signing for example

i would suspect
now i am a was
and
you should have been nice to me

I heard the same thing about 'Sunny' that Kewpie points out. Though who really knows for sure...

Sunny isn't a song about Jake.

It's about Alain's half-brother (or step-brother) who lost his life for drug overdose.

Some people speculate The Operation is about Pete Burns.

Pete Burns? What the hell! How?

Pete Burns was/is the Dead or Alive frontman whom Morrissey was friend - and some people speculate about a romance - 'til Burns bought an object made of animal skin.. I don't remember exactly what it is.

I am pretty sure Come back... is about Jake. Moz and Jake lived together on Camden.

Pardon my ignorance, if you will, but who is this "Jake" you speak of? (And I'm sure that there are other ignoramuses reading this who will also appreciate it.) :o

Pete Burns was/is the Dead or Alive frontman whom Morrissey was friend - and some people speculate about a romance - 'til Burns bought an object made of animal skin.. I don't remember exactly what it is.

I am pretty sure Come back... is about Jake. Moz and Jake lived together on Camden.

They were (he and pete) not friends for that long, I recall Morrissey being very embarrassed about that photo shoot etc

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, if you will, but who is this "Jake" you speak of? (And I'm sure that there are other ignoramuses reading this who will also appreciate it.) :o

Ugly thug wanabe/very good photographer Morrissey used to live with for some strange reason

Back
Top Bottom