Song lengths for IANADOAC

By googling the album title I found this:

upload_2020-1-16_15-2-30.png

Sorry if this is redundant. I haven't seen it elsewhere but I haven't looked everywhere.

Sweetie Pie reminds me of something, but I can't think what. An old song or an old movie. Something!

Like a Derek Jarman ghost story.
Sweetie Pie reminds me of the time Moz and the gang were in the studio but couldn't be arsed to make an effort, when all of a sudden one of them said: "hey, let's produce an insultingly idiotic tuneless song that we can stick on the bside. Someone somewhere will love it. We can even include it on compilation albums to really pull the piss. How about that?"

Intrigued by 'My Hurling Days Are Done'... Is that a reference to the sport? May well be considering his Irish roots.

Jim Jim Falls I cannot work out though.
We shall all just have to wait I’m afraid my friend... this is like Christmas Eve for us Morrissey fans.... oooohhh the excitement of it all.... and the next best thing is waiting for the tour dates.....

I dunno. That's more in the style of Brett Anderson from Suede. Like Brett did at the end of nearly every song on Coming Up. (Still a great album though).
I agree here... and the two , previous albums were ace as well , just a shame that the drugs f***ed them... a top British band , I can reminisce when I here one of their songs on the wireless,,, it really does take me back for three minutes

Sweetie Pie reminds me of the time Moz and the gang were in the studio but couldn't be arsed to make an effort, when all of a sudden one of them said: "hey, let's produce an insultingly idiotic tuneless song that we can stick on the bside. Someone somewhere will love it. We can even include it on compilation albums to really pull the piss. How about that?"

Nooooo!! It takes a while to get into, but there's lots of catchy wee bits to it. I think he's trying to sound like a ghost coming through the static in an old radio. I like the theatricality.

I can already tell "The Secret of Music" is gonna be one of my least favorite tracks
My favourite track from the new album that I haven’t heard yet , is the truth about Ruth.... I bet she gets it straight in the neck... and I bet the bitch deserves it!!!!

Benny, my dear friend, what has one done with spunkky!!! Boy86 AKA JAM EATER... have we enabled him to live a life of his own accord?? You have straightened him out , right??? Good work benny.... best.. Carlisle boz... bin... bez....

Oh I reckon you are right. Or those faint industrial clanging at the start of I'm Not A Man. One minute plus of tortuous tedium.
Yeah.. If you're going to have another Life is a Pigsty make it as long as you want but I don't need the empty calories. I'm getting old.. My metabolism isn't what it used to be.

f*** the “Dog on a Chain” nonsense.

“Someone somewhere will love it” is much more fitting title.

I’d suggest shooting for payroll on that brilliance but that would be ill-advisement. We all know that Morrissey doesn’t pay his bills. ;)

Nooooo!! It takes a while to get into, but there's lots of catchy wee bits to it. I think he's trying to sound like a ghost coming through the static in an old radio. I like the theatricality.

Compared to Michael Farrell’s
‘listenable’ :sleeping: version, it’s obvious Morrissey had a specific vision for his words, changing the music drastically and Farrell’s original intent. I don’t think Morrissey takes what the fans want into much consideration, he makes music that pleases himself, as all true artists should.

Last edited:
Ian Adoac makes a fantastic fruit salad.

Some don’t like the fruit thing. Apparently, fruits and veggies cry when they’re butchered. ...and with all we know about the social graces of Morrissey’s current crop of sycophants, I may be out of line in suggesting you try it. I’d hate to be on the wrong end of such a powerful mob.

...but it’s undeniably delicious. It takes a bit to chew the pineapple because Ian Adoac refuses to remove the rinds. He feels that the husk and thorns are a purist gift. He wants this salad to be better than Bowie’s last salad.

Compared to Michael Farrell’s
‘listenable’ :sleeping: version, it’s obvious Morrissey had a specific vision for his words, changing the music drastically and Farrell’s original intent. I don’t think Morrissey takes what the fans want into much consideration, he makes music that pleases himself, as all true artists should.

Thanks Ket!

f*** the “Dog on a Chain” nonsense.

“Someone somewhere will love it” is much more fitting title.

I’d suggest shooting for payroll on that brilliance but that would be ill-advisement. We all know that Morrissey doesn’t pay his bills. ;)
And we now know that Morrissey is up in front of tyne and weir magistrates court for non payment of his TV licence and non payment of his great universal catolouge ....

Yeah.. If you're going to have another Life is a Pigsty make it as long as you want but I don't need the empty calories. I'm getting old.. My metabolism isn't what it used to be.
Pigsty... best album song in years... very carlislebaz, but one can see the utter beauty in the song.... especially at the Whitehaven bowl!!!!

Well good night spunkkyAKA JAM EATER BOY EIGHTY f***ING SIX... stopped playing with the big boys!!! Eh...you have now been shoved into place..... this is what carlislebaz does on here.. I troll the trolls...... think of it this way..... I am a Morrissey defender... attack me on here when ever, for what,ever, I divent care...... attack my Morrissey at your will , and I will smash your glass above the window sill .... VIVA THE MORRISSEY.....

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom