Some Very Rare Morrissey/Smiths Items Currently For Sale

Tom

I’m selling a huge chunk of my Morrissey/Smiths collection right now on eBay. It mainly consists of doubles of items I already own and some really rare gems that I feel I can part with. I’m a longtime fan and collector and once again, I said “it’s time”.

I listed some of them with a rather heavy heart as it was tough letting some things go. That’s the nature of collecting though…at least for me. I can proudly say that I’ve owned most of the top Morrissey/Smiths rarities during my time as an avid collector and I don't regret any of the buying, selling or trading I've done. I’ve sold big pieces here and there over the years and now it’s time to sell off more pieces. I’m not selling anything because I need the money, what I need is more space. Living in a one bedroom apartment in New York City forces you to be a minimalist, and having a massive record collection kind of goes against that!

There are roughly 100+ auctions running at the moment, here’s a link to my seller list: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ginge_220/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Some highlights:
My Love Life Japanese EP (Sealed Promo Copy) w/ Jigsaw Puzzle
Viva Hate UK Promo Box Set Signed by Morrissey + Promo Flag
Satan Rejected My Soul UK 7" Test Pressing
The More You Ignore Me UK 7” Promo signed by Morrissey
Have-A-Go Merchant UK Promo 7"
Sweet And Tender Hooligan 12" (Sealed)
Shoplifters US 12” promo + Promo 'Shoplifter’ Bag
There Is A Light… US 12” promo
Plus many lots of other things including original vinyl bootlegs, silver-pressed CD bootlegs and fanzine lots. Not everything listed is rare, but a lot is.

I originally had up a copy of the Best of Morrissey promo CD with the unreleased bonus disc, but that was taken down since it was a CD-R. This was the fabled “Limited Edition Bonus CD” which was announced, but never released. I got it in 1998 from a friend of mine who worked at EMI at the time. It was a copy from the CD-R acetate. Ebay doesn’t like CD-Rs, so that’s no longer up… but if anyone’s interested in it, shoot me a PM with an offer.

I’m not looking for anything crazy since it’s not as earth shattering today as it would have been in 1998 (considering that all of the tracks have been released via bootlegs or official releases). However, the one special thing about this disc is that it’s the only way to hear “Striptease With A Difference” in perfect, studio quality. Unlike the Legge-leaked bootlegged version, this is a fully mastered studio version with no tape hiss or distortions… it’s perfect. This is probably the best of Morrissey’s early unreleased songs. I doubt it will ever see an official release since it was left off of both the Bona Drag and Viva Hate re-issues (and singles)… which would have been the perfect opportunities to release it.

The tracklisting of the Bonus CD-R is: Striptease With A Difference/Will Never Marry/Oh Phoney/November The Second

Also, I have a Dave And Ansil Collins “Double Barrel” 7" listed and while it has nothing to do with Morrissey, it is oddly related to our Moz universe. This particular copy was used to for the 1997 intro tape that was played before gigs. Boz Boorer made the intro tape on a DAT tape using mostly 7” records as the source. This was one of those records. It’s not really a big get… but I figured I’d mention it since it’s cheap. I didn’t mention that tidbit in the auction itself.

So, this will likely be my last phase of selling Moz stuff as I’m keeping the rest. I hope they all go to good fans who appreciated them as much as I did. There are no reserves and all the prices are fair. If you see anything you really like, good luck and I hope you get it. I'm not an eBay pro, I hardly use it in fact, but I'll respond to any questions sent to me.

-Tom

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wanted that puzzle, but for what it's currently going for they can have it!

I wanted that puzzle, but for what it's currently going for they can have it!

I'd just like to throw in a good word to Tom for getting up the guts to post these items for sale...I know hime and he's been a die hard fan and collector for many years and parting with these things is like losing an old friend. There are some brilliant items for sale on this list and I hope they land in good hands...

But Beau, cmon, buy the damned puzzle...krikey...

I can't believe the japanese sandy shaw 12" of hand in glove has no bids....wtf??? And cmon, the viva hate box set...SIGNED!!! I was there I watched Moz sign it..I doubt that there is another one of those signed by Moz EVER...that's probably one of the most fantastic items I've ever seen come across ebay...

Jaysus

By the way, this is not the same Tom that posted the items for sale, I'm another Tom, Beau can verify, I'm just saying, to all you collectors out there, this is good stuff,,,pay attention

I spent 2 hours on the phone talking to Tom about his bits on eBay. I originally had offered him $200 for the puzzle thinking it was a fair price. After I made that offer I consulted Flax and he told me the last one he saw went for $230, so I figured I was in the ballkpark. Evidently i figured wrong.

But the real gem among all those listings is the Satan test pressing 7". Anyway, I'll be tuning in Sunday to see how it all goes down. And yeah, I'm sure I've done deals with both Toms before, they're both good to go.

really $230? on ebay? i guess i missed that one. the first one i sold went for $125 i believe. i sold another on ebay for $200 and finally my last copy to someone from here for a bit more. i will be with my popcorn ready and enjoy the show on sunday.. :D

really $230? on ebay? i guess i missed that one. the first one i sold went for $125 i believe. i sold another on ebay for $200 and finally my last copy to someone from here for a bit more. i will be with my popcorn ready and enjoy the show on sunday.. :D

I think you will find the owner of the last copy you sold is eternally grateful :thumb:

Certainly some lovely items there! The jigsaw's already a bit out of my price range, unfortunately, but I'll definitely be bidding on quite a number of the other auctions as soon as I hear back from Tom about postage to Australia. :)

Thanks Tom and Beau for the nice words. I’ve gotten back to Aly and all the rest who emailed me… I just had so many to sort through that I fell behind. I’ve had a range of emotions this week, as one might expect. For one, it’s very surreal to see items I’ve collected and cared for over the years reduced to snapshots on the internet. There have been more than a few occasions where I’ve said to myself “I should just pull that down and keep it,” but in the end I’ve stuck to my guns. I'm keeping a minimalist collection with a few rarities though.

The one great thing about this week has been all the great emails I’ve gotten from fans. I’ve heard from people I haven’t been in touch with in years and they’ve all been very supportive and encouraging. I’ve gotten nice compliments on my descriptions as well, and I’m glad people appreciated them. I didn’t write them to squeeze pennies, I wrote them because I truly respect and care for each and every item up there and I wanted to give them the respect they deserve. I should also note that not one item up for sale was purchased via eBay, every last one was either purchased in a record shop or from other collectors.

I’ve put 10-15 business days as the handling time on all items since I am flying to see the San Diego show on Tuesday. I’m meeting up with Beau and few other friends, so I’m really looking forward to it. After all these listings and real life work… I need a few days away from it. So to anyone that wins there bids, I should get to shipping them off the following Tuesday (Monday is a national holiday here in the states). I’ve got record mailers, bubble wrap and all that good stuff ready to go. I’ll pack every item just as I would want to receive them, so they’ll be no worries there.

The big ticket stuff closes tonight and then more items tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. Over the week I’ve added things like silver pressed bootlegs and a couple of transcription discs. I’ll also relist the smaller items that don’t sell and have a few odds and ends to list. I’m tossing up the Rank DAT tonight since I couldn’t find it last weekend… which is another tough one to see go. Aside from that I have boxes of magazines to go through, which will have to wait another month or two. I just hope they all go to cool fans who will appreciate them as much as I have. If the people who have been in touch about the top rarities end up getting them, I’ll be happy.

Woah. Just shy of $700 for the puzzle. And the Satan tp for $450.00. Sealed Sweet And Tender for $200.

Feel free to copy anything I wrote in my auction for your own... I hope you get the same or more. It's clearly the number one official Moz item... I don't care what Record Collector says!

Actually, I think he's a good guy who knows his stuff better than most! But he definitely should have swapped #3 into the #1 spot! I think the next list will show we have a new, undisputed champ.

Oh, and I finally found my Rank DAT... I was going crazy looking for it last week. It's now up on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom