So when did you discover Morrissey ?

on mtv

is this good or bad?
strange enough i've always thought i discovered morrissey much later but last december i weeded out some old files and stuff to throw away some ballast before i die, and suddenly i found this:
20190403_225030-1396x1861.jpg

i then remembered that i typed down the lyrics on an old typewriter that belonged to my mother after watchin the video on mtv and then surprisingly finding the tape in the library, i guess, or else i wouldnt know where i got the lyrics from. i had never done this before or afterwards, at least i couldnt find any other evidence of such activities. so i guess the song mustve left an impression.
i used to write down the dialogues of complete movies and later type them down, for whatever reason, but not lyrics, no. rubber ring is on the back side but i remember clearly that sheila was the incentive.

I reckon it was 1991 and I was down at the Redondo Beach courts playing basketball and I saw this dude just clownin' fools. I reckon he was dunkin' on everyone. I reckon like tomahawk dunks and triple reverse dunks. I reckon I asked me mate "Paul" who that was and he said "he calls himself The California Son", but his real name is Steve Morrissey. I was like Steve Morrissey LA City total point leader that played for Hollywood High? Yup. I was told he went to Brittin with Chrissie Hynde when he graduated High School in 1977 and joined this shitty Brittish group called The Smiths and he just used them to launch his solo career, so then I went to 20 California Son concerts within 2 hours from my house for the next 2 years and have never missed 1 since then inn n nn nnn nn n nn din't chipper curry mate.

Steve Basket.jpg
Air Morrissey.jpg

on mtv

is this good or bad?
strange enough i've always thought i discovered morrissey much later but last december i weeded out some old files and stuff to throw away some ballast before i die, and suddenly i found this:
View attachment 48526
i then remembered that i typed down the lyrics on an old typewriter that belonged to my mother after watchin the video on mtv and then surprisingly finding the tape in the library, i guess, or else i wouldnt know where i got the lyrics from. i had never done this before or afterwards, at least i couldnt find any other evidence of such activities. so i guess the song mustve left an impression.
i used to write down the dialogues of complete movies and later type them down, for whatever reason, but not lyrics, no. rubber ring is on the back side but i remember clearly that sheila was the incentive.

I see someone supervising, or is it lurking, in the background. Looks like you’re kitty is with you always like mine.

I grew up in the 80s so it was impossible in my town ,which the kids were obsessed with punk rock, to not know who the Smith's were. I liked the Go Gos and Adam and the Ants. I actually disliked anyone who liked the Smith's, it's like they wore their adoration like shield. The gogos were based on fun and fashion.

In my 40s I felt negsalgic and decided to go see Morrissey. He ended up canceling (my initiation into the club). He lost his snot nosed hating of life and I found him really sexy in his 50s. Baby Moz didnt do it for me.
So here I am hanging with you guys.

I grew up in the 80s so it was impossible in my town ,which the kids were obsessed with punk rock, to not know who the Smith's were. I liked the Go Gos and Adam and the Ants. I actually disliked anyone who liked the Smith's, it's like they wore their adoration like shield. The gogos were based on fun and fashion.

In my 40s I felt negsalgic and decided to go see Morrissey. He ended up canceling (my initiation into the club). He lost his snot nosed hating of life and I found him really sexy in his 50s. Baby Moz didnt do it for me.
So here I am hanging with you guys.
I remember Adam and the Ants just appearing from nowhere and thinking this is interesting !
I have to agree on the age thing , Moz is a “ Handsome Devil “

No I’m in the south of England , ex wife had relatives out there so spent a bit of time in BC ( really loved it too ) not sure they would be so keen since the divorce though :lbf:
do you need someone to walk your dog?! im looking for a live-in position in England. we could have ever so many good times together! discussing Morrissey, playing scrabble, you making me dinner... ETC. where did you go in bc?! that's where im currently living. it's lame (which is why im leaving)

do you need someone to walk your dog?! im looking for a live-in position in England. we could have ever so many good times together! discussing Morrissey, playing scrabble, you making me dinner... ETC. where did you go in bc?! that's where im currently living. it's lame (which is why im leaving)
Im afraid walking the dogs ( 2x dachshunds :) ) is what keeps me sane !
I spent a little while in Vancouver but mainly Victoria and Comox , why is it lame ? its such a beautiful place and the pace of life seemed much better .
Paul.

Im afraid walking the dogs ( 2x dachshunds :) ) is what keeps me sane !
I spent a little while in Vancouver but mainly Victoria and Comox , why is it lame ? its such a beautiful place and the pace of life seemed much better .
Paul.
well I didn't really wanna walk your dogs anyway, I just wanted you to support me while I write shitty novels. which you can still do if you want. the offer is still on the table. it's just that in this second offer we cant make believe that you're getting anything in return for doing it. other than, you know, the satisfaction in having supported the arts.
Im in victoria. I don't know, im just bored of it. im bored of our lack of culture and a proper arts scene. i hate how everything we do is so mediocre. I hate all the hippies. and I hate how you cant walk down the street without smelling weed. it's everywhere now. and also I prefer mountains to ocean, so as far as nature goes, it's not even really my kind of nature.

well I didn't really wanna walk your dogs anyway, I just wanted you to support me while I write shitty novels. which you can still do if you want. the offer is still on the table. it's just that in this second offer we cant make believe that you're getting anything in return for doing it. other than, you know, the satisfaction in having supported the arts.
Im in victoria. I don't know, im just bored of it. im bored of our lack of culture and a proper arts scene. i hate how everything we do is so mediocre. I hate all the hippies. and I hate how you cant walk down the street without smelling weed. it's everywhere now. and also I prefer mountains to ocean, so as far as nature goes, it's not even really my kind of nature.
Thats quite an offer ! i might have to run it past my current wife first though :)
Your not miles from beautiful scenery though , i also have to put up with stench of weed and the local teenage gangs who take and supply it .
Here is a little piece written about the area i live https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/wick-littlehampton-the-hole-of-the-south.html
Paul.

Thats quite an offer ! i might have to run it past my current wife first though :)
Your not miles from beautiful scenery though , i also have to put up with stench of weed and the local teenage gangs who take and supply it .
Here is a little piece written about the area i live https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/wick-littlehampton-the-hole-of-the-south.html
Paul.
it is quite an offer, I agree! you're a fool to turn it down! I don't know why your wife would mind. it's not like i have anything sordid in mind. im a nice wholesome girl, after all. still, I think the offer would work better on someone who didn't have a wife. more space, see. besides wives are known for nagging. what if she starts nagging me? what if she starts nagging me while im trying to write? what if she starts shaking a rolling pin in my face? oh no, im afraid it wont do, it wont do at all...
*sigh* where is a nice girl to go...
also I don't like the sound of your town at all. so thanks anyway, but im afraid im going to have to pass! say goodbye to your dogs for me!
say, you don't have any rich relations in London do you?

it is quite an offer, I agree! you're a fool to turn it down! I don't know why your wife would mind. it's not like i have anything sordid in mind. im a nice wholesome girl, after all. still, I think the offer would work better on someone who didn't have a wife. more space, see. besides wives are known for nagging. what if she starts nagging me? what if she starts nagging me while im trying to write? what if she starts shaking a rolling pin in my face? oh no, im afraid it wont do, it wont do at all...
*sigh* where is a nice girl to go...
also I don't like the sound of your town at all. so thanks anyway, but im afraid im going to have to pass! say goodbye to your dogs for me!
say, you don't have any rich relations in London do you?
Its a shame but i think your making the right choice , no rich relatives anywhere im afraid .
I will break it to the dogs ( Arnold & Mabel ) gently .

Back
Top Bottom