Snow Moz Appreciation Thread

jamescagney

Stood at the urinal
Merry Christmoz! Apologies if you've seen Snow Moz before. I'm told this was posted once a year ago in the Frink thread, where not everyone goes, before I was really on here much.

I made him with my own two mittens in a bit over an hour, from a CD cover(can't remember which one).

Snow Moz lived about 3 hours. Then Snow Moz got run over by a Grandma. I was sort of glad she ran over it because she had been blaming me for accidentally running over her tree seedling earlier that day.

1200612160bsmaller.jpg

2200612162smaller.jpg

3200612153smaller.jpg

4200612180smaller.jpg

5200612181smaller.jpg

6200612151smaller.jpg

7200612202smaller.jpg

8200612201smaller.jpg

Last edited:
They should be smaller now, refresh the page if they still take up the entire screen for you.

In this one last picture, Snow Moz is about to throw his shirt to his adoring fans.

9200612192smaller.jpg

Last edited:
You're a good sculptor.

You're a good sculptor.

Thanks! :D I can see some errors that make me cringe, but I try to overlook them. But it's not bad for someone who hasn't done much art in decades, doesn't have 3D vision, and sculpture was never my forte. Then again some people I know have a life portfolio and show their work in galleries. Maybe I've chosen the wrong line of work (computers).

Thanks! :D I can see some errors that make me cringe, but I try to overlook them. But it's not bad for someone who hasn't done much art in decades, doesn't have 3D vision, and sculpture was never my forte. Then again some people I know have a life portfolio and show their work in galleries. Maybe I've chosen the wrong line of work (computers).

Seriously. THe hair and sideburns are exaggerated for snow fun effect perhaps, but you really captured the delicate features of his face like his lips and cheek bones.

Seriously. THe hair and sideburns are exaggerated for snow fun effect perhaps, but you really captured the delicate features of his face like his lips and cheek bones.

Thanks! I'm not happy with the profile from the side. It looks human but I think is out of proportion. I think I was working from a front-on picture and did my best to imagine what the profile would look like, so it's not bad considering that.

Where the nose meets the forehead is a bit off. I'm pleased with the mouth (somehow it looks like he has his five o'clock shadow over the lip, not sure how but it works) and the general look from the front. I only posted the 9 best photos, the other pics show parts that look a bit off.

Wow... That's some serious Mozzage. Upon seeing the title of the thread I thought of posting the Snoz Moz I made last February, but he feels inferior now. :p

Just showing some :love: for Snow Moz!

The snow conditions must have been just right. If there is not enough moisture in the snow, it just doesn't pack well.

I was going to attempt a Snow Moz myself, but after seeing yours, mine would be put to shame! You have an incredible talent, jamescagney. I think I'lll just build a plain old Frosty instead. :p

You really are very very talented. I'm surprised you so rarely create art anymore. You should.

I was going to attempt a Snow Moz myself, but after seeing yours, mine would be put to shame! You have an incredible talent, jamescagney. I think I'lll just build a plain old Frosty instead. :p

I am pretty pleased I could pull this out of my azz from a single flat photo or two after years of inactivity and working with computers.

I would hate to think that my Snow Moz stopped anyone else from attempting the same. I encourage everyone to give it a go and just have fun with it, and let us enjoy seeing your results. It's not a contest! And there isn't only one winner. :)

Boy, do I know that feeling. I was a fair bass player, but I totally stopped and haven't played since after I played with someone who was way better than me and was giving me "helpful hints." (He played professionally with a symphony.) I know that's the wrong way for me to be, because if everyone was so awed by all the amazing art and music that geniuses had made before, no one would be making any new art or music any more. We certainly wouldn't have punk, new wave, lo-fi, or Matador Records.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom