Smiths Article in Record Collector Jan 2011

ALLIE WALLS

Picked up the xmas issue of Record Collector and theres an ad that says next months issue has an article on Smiths collectables,says its out 23 december

Alan

Last edited:
Smiths Article in This Months Record Collector

Just a quick heads up to let everyone know that The Smiths are on the front cover of this months Record Colecctor magazine, an outtake from the Salford Lads Club shoot, and there is a fairly lengthy article about merchandise that is associated with their tours. Very interesting and an area not normally discussed. A fair few pics of tour posters, backstage passes and flyers.

Re: Smiths Article in This Months Record Collector

As a little aside, yesterday's entry for this day in music was, "1988, The Smiths played their farewell gig at Wolverhampton Civic Hall (without guitarist Johnny Marr). To gain entrance to the gig, fans had to wear a Smiths or Morrissey T-shirt." - http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/day-in-music-1222/
No they didn't, it was Moz's first solo gig, was no more a Smiths gig than ...Playboys or Interesting Drug were Smiths singles.
Gig was intended to get footage to use in the ...Playboys promo video iirc.

No they didn't, it was Moz's first solo gig, was no more a Smiths gig than ...Playboys or Interesting Drug were Smiths singles.

What did you mean? I guess you are wrong...

What did you mean? I guess you are wrong...

I'm saying just because Gannon, Joyce, Rourke, and Morrissey were present didn't make it a Smiths gig, just like those four being on those two singles didn't make them Smiths singles.

It was a Moz solo gig, i defy anyone to find evidence from the time of it being referred to as anything other than a Moz gig.

I'm saying just because Gannon, Joyce, Rourke, and Morrissey were present didn't make it a Smiths gig, just like those four being on those two singles didn't make them Smiths singles.

It was a Moz solo gig, i defy anyone to find evidence from the time of it being referred to as anything other than a Moz gig.

Your second post contradicted your first post. You said that ID and TLOTFIP were Smiths singles and in the next one you said that the fellows didn't make Smiths gig. I hope I'm not being rude to you.

Your second post contradicted your first post. You said that ID and TLOTFIP were Smiths singles and in the next one you said that the fellows didn't make Smiths gig. I hope I'm not being rude to you.

He didn't contradict himself and what he is saying is true.
The gig was a Morrissey gig and NOT a Smiths gig. The gig was free to anyone wearing Smiths/Morrissey tshirts- "Tshirt mate, OK mate".
Erm, I am guessing SweetFA is male, I could of course be wrong, if so sorry.

He didn't contradict himself and what he is saying is true.
The gig was a Morrissey gig and NOT a Smiths gig. The gig was free to anyone wearing Smiths/Morrissey tshirts- "Tshirt mate, OK mate".
Erm, I am guessing SweetFA is male, I could of course be wrong, if so sorry.

But "Interesting Drug" and "Playboys" weren't Smiths' singles as he/she said.

RL, to clarify, "no more...than" is used in a way that puts the emphasis on comparison (as opposed to contrast), and so his point is well made. Although I can understand the confusion...

So this issue of Record Collector should be available in the States in a good month at least. And it will be just 1 or 2 copies and dog-eared from being flipped through and not bought. Guess I'd better keep a close watch for it.

RL, to clarify, "no more...than" is used in a way that puts the emphasis on comparison (as opposed to contrast), and so his point is well made. Although I can understand the confusion...

So this issue of Record Collector should be available in the States in a good month at least. And it will be just 1 or 2 copies and dog-eared from being flipped through and not bought. Guess I'd better keep a close watch for it.

you beat me to it- that was well explained by the way.
Misreading is easy to do, especially when English isn't your first Language.

PS I expect there will be a trader on ebay, selling the mag.

Last edited:

Sorry I've cut "no more" off. The blame of this trouble is on me.

I had to really think it through before hitting send. I didn't want SweetFA's thought to be lost on RL or anyone else.

Thanks for the tip. But not for one penny more than face value! Maybe.

How much is an RC in Britain, £5? how tight are you lot?

Back
Top Bottom