Smiths Archive

Are any of you people thanking David seeding this?

Thanks
You have to download it all in order to return people's kindness properly.
When I'm in that position, much like many, many times on ST/Dime - I will seed continually for others.
I don't think enough people have the space/decent internet to have it in full yet and some are leeching little bits rather than the whole thing.
Regards,
FWD.

Having listened to many gigs repeatedly over 30 years, I don't tend to get wrapped up in quality, soundboard/audience/FLAC versus MP3 or what's best etc...
If I go by gigs I've listened to more than others:

The Venue, Victoria, London, 15 September, 1983
Westfield College, London 17 November 1983 (aka Incredibly Charming)
De Meervaart, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 21 April 1984 (aka Lonely Planet Boys).
Paseo De Camoens, Madrid, Spain 18 May, 1985 (aka Live in Madrid)
Capital Theatre, Aberdeen, Scotland
30 Sept., 1985
Mayfair, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne - 17 July 1986
Pier 84, New York, NY, 6 August 1986
Greek Theatre, Berkeley, SF, CA 23 August 1986
Brixton Academy, London, 24 October 1986 (aka Genius Steals)

There's a further 40/50 I could add that are more prominent in my listening than others, but it would bore everyone rigid.
@Mr. Jackpots would probably be able to list a collection of essential 'must haves' far better than myself - I change my mind too often and don't mind poor quality.
Regards,
FWD.

I finally finished downloading them, listening begins !!!!!!

Right, all done.
That took about 3 and a half days of downloading and purchasing a SSHD. Maximum I pulled down (with excellent internet) was at about 2.9 mbps at any given time.
I will, from tonight, be joining in seeding.
If there's no objections, some of the good gigs in FLAC will get the MP3 320 treatment for sharing here - so that people who don't do huge amounts of data can still enjoy them.
Again, to all involved with contributing, hosting, sharing, compiling et al: thank you.
Regards,
FWD.

Right, all done.
That took about 3 and a half days of downloading and purchasing a SSHD. Maximum I pulled down (with excellent internet) was at about 2.9 mbps at any given time.
I will, from tonight, be joining in seeding.
If there's no objections, some of the good gigs in FLAC will get the MP3 320 treatment for sharing here - so that people who don't do huge amounts of data can still enjoy them.
Again, to all involved with contributing, hosting, sharing, compiling et al: thank you.
Regards,
FWD.
Oh boy , I dont believe, some know how good of news this is. I Look forward to this. Break it down ,Break it down .

If there's no objections, some of the good gigs in FLAC will get the MP3 320 treatment for sharing here

No objection from me. Also, thank you for seeding.

In Stephane's Live History section he describes the best audio and video recordings for each tour. It would be nice to find the best available recording of each one he mentions. I started to do that last week but then ran out of evening.

Is there any way to access the google drive? Torrent very slow for me - thinking of paying everyone back with my signature artwork for every live show maybes, ahha ;)

Is there any way to access the google drive? Torrent very slow for me - thinking of paying everyone back with my signature artwork for every live show maybes, ahha ;)
Just drop DavidA a message on here and provide an email address to be added to the drive archive.
Regards,
FWD.

Having listened to many gigs repeatedly over 30 years, I don't tend to get wrapped up in quality, soundboard/audience/FLAC versus MP3 or what's best etc...
If I go by gigs I've listened to more than others:

The Venue, Victoria, London, 15 September, 1983
Westfield College, London 17 November 1983 (aka Incredibly Charming)
De Meervaart, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 21 April 1984 (aka Lonely Planet Boys).
Paseo De Camoens, Madrid, Spain 18 May, 1985 (aka Live in Madrid)
Capital Theatre, Aberdeen, Scotland
30 Sept., 1985
Mayfair, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne - 17 July 1986
Pier 84, New York, NY, 6 August 1986
Greek Theatre, Berkeley, SF, CA 23 August 1986
Brixton Academy, London, 24 October 1986 (aka Genius Steals)

There's a further 40/50 I could add that are more prominent in my listening than others, but it would bore everyone rigid.
@Mr. Jackpots would probably be able to list a collection of essential 'must haves' far better than myself - I change my mind too often and don't mind poor quality.
Regards,
FWD.

I love this gig !!
"1985-09-25 - Barrowlands, Glasgow [FLAC, Soundsville Steve, CC Remaster]"
Great atmosphere, the audience sings with Morrissey at the beginning of a certain songs (That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Still Ill, William, It Was Really Nothing) , Morrissey speaks or jokes between songs and the quality of the recording is very good
Thanks again !!!!
Regards,
Pierre

Last edited:
Here's a video from that gig. A more complete version can be found on

MISC - Soundsville Compilation 1985-1987 [DVD, Misc, Soundsville]\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB around the 19 minute mark.

Seems like it had a lot of energy. It's also where What's The World was recorded, I think.

@DavidA
I just checked and you are right, in the official compilation "The Sound of the Smiths: Deluxe Edition",
there is “What's The World? (Live in Glasgow 1985)”
So may be the full official recording exist and one day a official Remastered ?? (the sound of “What's The World?" on the official compilation is still a little better)
Thank you for the information on the videos, I will watch !!
Best Regards,
Pierre

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Famous when dead
Thanks, I found my happiness on "https://mozutd.tumblr.com/" and sometimes versions are (for sound quality) better, ex: "The Venue, London, 15th September 1983"
Best Regerds,
Pierre
I recommended this site as it lists sources.
If the source is Smiths Torrents, then it's available as a FLAC in the huge archive.
If it's not, then it's still available from Salford Music Club - so win win.
Also, a link I've shared many times and would say needs digging through:
6+ gig of Smiths gigs in MP3:
https://mega.nz/#F!pIZgBAZT!CjA3briy9DX2nuy_GiSgtA

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

I recommended this site as it lists sources.
If the source is Smiths Torrents, then it's available as a FLAC in the huge archive.
If it's not, then it's still available from Salford Music Club - so win win.
Also, a link I've shared many times and would say needs digging through:
6+ gig of Smiths gigs in MP3:
https://mega.nz/#F!pIZgBAZT!CjA3briy9DX2nuy_GiSgtA

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you for the link "I will dig through"
Regards,
Pierre

Back
Top Bottom